Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 5:47 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by SethLevy
Am I missing something?
Yes, see Raffles' post #71 and below
Old Jul 3, 2012, 11:37 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I was unable to get thru the various screens to complete a transfer, I tried several times and then waited a few hours and it worked! Now I have enough Avios to patch together RTW itineraries for my family of 4 on CX, BA and AA. Looking forward to that trip!!
Old Jul 4, 2012, 1:06 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
This morning everything seems to work fine again. System was fast, all necessary options were given and transfer was done on the spot with the new avios showing immediately.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 1:50 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by bertheike
2nd transfer ( from a familiy account ) decucted all the miles from DC account ! now shows 0 destination miles , but them not in the BA account !?!
Same here, transferred 350k yesterday afternoon, no longer in my BD account and not showed up in the BA account.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:32 am

Programs: Executive Club (Silver), Miles & More (Silver)
Just did this. As mentioned in post #71, I added my APIS information on the BA website. Then I was able to see the 'Combine my Avios' option, and it took less than a minute to complete the process of transferring all my miles from BMI to BA and to show in my account
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Club Carlson Silver, HHonors Silver
Mine worked flawlessly. Transferred all DC HHA miles to my DC account (had done that a while back) and transferred them. They showed up instantly in my BAEC account (also a family account).
Old Jul 4, 2012, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
There's no hurry to do this, is there? I was planning on doing it a bit later in the Summer, as I plan a few redemptions on bmi Regional first. I believe I read somewhere that the cut-off date is the 27th October for conversions.

Doing it a bit later will mean that the whole system will be calmer and less likely to crash.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 3:59 am

Tried it at various points yesterday and this morning - without fail, I get the following message

Your session has timed out, please log in again
I'll leave it for a few days
Old Jul 4, 2012, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Concerto
There's no hurry to do this, is there? I was planning on doing it a bit later in the Summer, as I plan a few redemptions on bmi Regional first. I believe I read somewhere that the cut-off date is the 27th October for conversions.

Doing it a bit later will mean that the whole system will be calmer and less likely to crash.
Not only is there no hurry, but I actually wouldn't do it if you have a big balance as you lose the option of Virgin redemptions. BA will give plenty of warning before pulling it.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, BMI Diamond Club
Unable to access my DC account from the transfer tool this am.
Phoned BAEC and told all details - NAME, ADDRESS, DOB, & EMAIL - must be the same in both accounts. Not helped by EC and DC displaying address in different formats!!!
Changed these whilst BAEC still on phone and tried again. DC details still not recognised in BA transfer tool. BAEC contact then admitted they had been experiencing problems and it might be worth trying again in a few days!!

9/7/12 - Called BAEC today for assistance with better results. The agent requested my details, and entered them for me, hey presto, DC miles transferred. Turns out I was missing three 0's (zeros) from the front of my DC membership number.
I also enquired about my DC miles accual method (MBNA cc). She told me DC will continue for time being, as will accrual. There is no limit on how many times you can transfer miles to Avios, so long may DC continue!!

Last edited by smdb; Jul 9, 2012 at 7:21 am Reason: update
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Concerto
There's no hurry to do this, is there?
I remain totally and absolutely baffled by why so many people are so desperate to do this on day one.

There's one person I know of who had a very good reason to do it at the beginning - an immediate need for extra miles/Avios to complete an MFU that needed to be done right then.

But I simply can't believe that everyone thinks they're in the same position! There's no merit in itself in having a bigger miles/Avios total that you're not going to use immediately, when a transfer at a later date will be just as easy and quick.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Blue, Sixt Platinum, HH Gold
Worked perfectly for me this morning, after a failed attempt yesterday afternoon!

My meagre collection of destination miles are now happily in their new home ^
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I remain totally and absolutely baffled by why so many people are so desperate to do this on day one.

There's one person I know of who had a very good reason to do it at the beginning - an immediate need for extra miles/Avios to complete an MFU that needed to be done right then.

But I simply can't believe that everyone thinks they're in the same position! There's no merit in itself in having a bigger miles/Avios total that you're not going to use immediately, when a transfer at a later date will be just as easy and quick.
For some, there will be the fear of use them or lose them!
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:39 am
tht

Programs: UA 1K 1.01 MM
just done mine, needed to update my telephone numbers to match, but then went through on OSX in Google chrome browser.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Raffles
Not only is there no hurry, but I actually wouldn't do it if you have a big balance as you lose the option of Virgin redemptions. BA will give plenty of warning before pulling it.
Good advice, thanks! I think that there is also the possibility of Qatar Airways too...

I am more likely to do the conversion quite late in the day, in fact. I havn't understood the hurry with this either, unless one needs to do an urgent redemption.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.