Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2012, 3:48 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
As soon as I entered my APIS information, it let me transfer my miles. Bye Bye BMI
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:08 am

Success to transfer to my BA Family account one by one

Old Sep 10, 2012, 5:22 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Can the orphaned BMI miles be transferred to BAEC Avios

Had several family members BMI accounts with 4k or 5k sign up bonus miles which could not be transferred up to Head of Household account in BMI

If I open BAEC accounts for these family members with orphaned miles, can I then
a) transfer the BMI sign on bonus miles across to their own BAEC accounts
b) move the miles up from their individual BAEC accounts to my BAEC Head of Household account?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:57 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
a) yes
b) that's not how the BA HHA works - they wouldn't get transferred anywhere, but if their accounts became members of your HHA when making a redemption a pro-rata deduction from their account would be made (it does it based on what percentage of the total HHA their individual one represents)
Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
a) yes
b) that's not how the BA HHA works - they wouldn't get transferred anywhere, but if their accounts became members of your HHA when making a redemption a pro-rata deduction from their account would be made (it does it based on what percentage of the total HHA their individual one represents)
Thanks for clarifying. I guess I could keep them out of the HHA account and use the 4,000 or 5,000 miles in each new BAEC account to redeem BA or partner cash plus avios tickets for anyone too.

Last edited by SingaporeDon; Sep 10, 2012 at 4:52 pm
Old Sep 11, 2012, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Transferred all mine yesterday, no problems. Transfer was instantaneous.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Had several family members BMI accounts with 4k or 5k sign up bonus miles which could not be transferred up to Head of Household account in BMI

If I open BAEC accounts for these family members with orphaned miles, can I then
a) transfer the BMI sign on bonus miles across to their own BAEC accounts
b) move the miles up from their individual BAEC accounts to my BAEC Head of Household account?
I dont think this will work I received this reply from DC (actually the reply came from PTS) I did contact Nicci and she assured me that signup bonus miles are transferable. In the email it states " As you were advised by the BA representative" It was a DC rep not a BA rep. BA had no problem with what type of miles they were , just not status miles . I phoned the sender of this letter explained what Nicci had said but he was not interested and the matter was closed. I also asked to speak to his supervisor, he then hung up.

Dear BABROWN

Many thanks for taking the time to contact bmi regarding these issues you have experienced while trying to transfer 'Bonus Destination Miles' from your bmi diamond club account to BA's frequent flyer program.

As you were advised by the BA representative, both account have been suspended, this is not due to no activity on the accounts. The reason for the accounts being suspended is that yourself and ******** have never actually travelled with bmi or any Star Alliance partner. Your accounts did have 'Bonus Destination Miles' which are non-transferrable. The 'Bonus Destination Miles' you have in your accounts have all come from other diamond club accounts. We decided to suspend your accounts as this is breaching the terms and conditions you agreed to when signing up to the diamond club scheme in 2009.

All the miles you have in your accounts are 'Bonus Destination Miles' which have all been transferred from other accounts with similar names and the same address, this was done between the dates of 1st December 2009 and 5th December 2009. All the miles were accumulated from a promotion bmi ran where you got 5,000 or 4,000 'Bonus Destination Miles' to just sign up to our frequent flyer scheme. We feel these accounts were set up to get the 'Bonus Destination Miles'

This is the reason your accounts have been suspended, the 'Bonus Destination Miles' you had are now void and have 0 value. BA will be informed of this situation to make sure nothing progresses any further.

I trust this is satisfactory for you, should you have any further queries in regards to this please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

This is the reply from Nicci

Hi BABROWN

You can transfer all destinations miles but not status miles if this is what you are referring to?

Warm regards

Nicci
Old Sep 11, 2012, 4:16 am

While I'm sure you're quite angry with the response, I try to see the light side of things and must admit I did chuckle at their ending: I trust this is satisfactory for you, should you have any further queries in regards to this please don't hesitate to contact me.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:02 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I'm not taking sides in this matter, but two things are obvious:

1) You have no bmi miles for the reasons cited by the bmi representative - and thus, there is nothing to transfer;
2) If you did have bmi miles, they would be transferable from the BD account in which they were originally issued to a BA account with an identical name; (that's the bit Nicci was talking about, not the first bit)

What is just not possible - and pretty much never has been* - is to transfer sign-up bonus miles from one bmi account to the head of family bmi account.

*There was a brief period where the systems mistakenly allowed signup bonus miles to be transferred to the head of household. When bmi realised this, it was stopped and the miles transferred were tagged as non-transferable. bmi has been very clear about this for quite a long time; this is not news. Further, those sign-up bonus miles were only redeemable against the person whose account they were issued to - you were not permitted to use the 1/2/3/4/5k to redeem for someone else, even when the miles had been consolidated though the loophole.

To me it seems logical, even if unpalatable to you, that such accounts - known round these parts as family-pet accounts as many people opened accounts for their cats and dogs - were wholesale suspended by bmi, as the bonus miles were awarded for the purpose of enticing travellers to open and used the DC account for posting miles.

As to what Nicci said, it seems to me, you are, at best, talking at cross purposes; if you wish to ask insufficiently clear questions, you will, of course, get insufficiently clear answers.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
and now the end is near....

Transferred all my Miles to BA - feeling a bit sad about it
Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I'm not taking sides in this matter, but two things are obvious:

1) You have no bmi miles for the reasons cited by the bmi representative - and thus, there is nothing to transfer;
Reading through previous posts by the OP it seems obvious that BABROWN is trying to pull a fast one here by trying to get a frozen DC accounts miles transferred to their BAEC account by taking advantage of Niccis ignorance of the situation which led to the account being frozen in the first place.

Very poor show indeed.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Goodness, I'd never have drawn that conclusion.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
When to transfer ?

Originally Posted by ravioli
Transferred all my Miles to BA - feeling a bit sad about it
I transfered already 600k this week and I am undecided what I should do with the remaining 500k.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by BABROWN
All the miles you have in your accounts are 'Bonus Destination Miles' which have all been transferred from other accounts with similar names and the same address, this was done between the dates of 1st December 2009 and 5th December 2009. All the miles were accumulated from a promotion bmi ran where you got 5,000 or 4,000 'Bonus Destination Miles' to just sign up to our frequent flyer scheme. We feel these accounts were set up to get the 'Bonus Destination Miles'

If I understand this guy right, then he never had any activity in any account but the sign-up bonus. Also, I got the impression that the family members were either real family members or fake members. However, all of them without any real activity. Well, then I believe, the accounts will be flagged as fraud!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Still moving the CC miles over on a monthly basis. Really need to think about moving to the BA Amex, but appear to have missed the really good sign up bonus d'oh!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.