Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2012, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3
Did that without any Problems - Thanks for that!

But i can't combine the two Accounts...Tried to establish a Family Account, but does not work...Why is that?
On BMI or BA?

If BA, they must have the same physical address.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA G
Is the transfer functionality dead at this point? I can't find the Combine Avios link anymore.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
It's still there. Log in, then click "Manage my account" in the left navigation. The "Combine My Avios" link then appears in the middle of the page under "Your options". In fact I've just used it to transfer my latest batch of credit card miles so I can confirm it still works.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 1:35 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
I did it

I did it again! I transfered the second half of my miles from the beloved bmi to the hated BA program. Grrree! It was like a stroke in my heart!

Good bye bmi, rest in peace. And unfortunately, welcome to BA one of the same useless programs as M&M. I have no clue what to do with my over one million miles on BA.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Compared to M&M I much prefer BAEC! Mainly for UuA and RFS - big improvements in my view!
Old Dec 17, 2012, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
Compared to M&M I much prefer BAEC! Mainly for UuA and RFS - big improvements in my view!
Gentleman, what are you talking about? UuA? RFS? What is that?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by alanjrobertson
I use both, and they both have their charms and irritations. The companion fares on M&M, and the saver ones on BAEC are both useful.

BAEC gets a plus for giving Golds some extra inventory for awards, and the ease of upgrading with points (YMV!) but then loses all credits because of the clunky, complicated approach to integrating with its OW friends and multi-sector itineraries.

M&M is unhelpful in booking all but the very simplest trips online, and its e-voucher upgrades have been devalued, virtually conficated (unless you get lucky on LX).

Both programes continue to fleece us with excessive fees and charges (unless Aer Lingus can get you where you want to go).

All in all, I feel I get better value from BAEC. M&M is on a downwards trajectory, value is being destroyed in tranches - we await the next cuts.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Dec 17, 2012 at 11:00 pm
Old Dec 18, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
Gentleman, what are you talking about? UuA? RFS? What is that?
UuA - upgrade using Avios - buy a cash fare and upgrade by one class if redemption availability - best used by buying WTP and upgrading to CW. You still receive Avios for the underlying fare purchased - with Gold bonus it ends up only costing about 4-5k Avios to upgrade WTP to CW

RFS - Reward Flight Saver - you only pay £30 in taxes & fees for European redemptions, with a free connecting flight within the UK (or Spain if redeeming via Iberia).

Have a look at the BA forum on here for more detail on all of these!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 1:05 pm

Attempts to combine my avios are met with this error message after I have added my DC number and password and accepted the T&Cs:

Your session has timed out, please log in again
Su sesion ha caducado, por favor, acceda de nuevo
Ihre Sitzung ist abgelaufen, bitte melden Sie sich erneut
Votre session a expire, s'il vous plait vous connecter a nouveau
La sessione e scaduta, si prega di accedere di nuovo

In fact I haven't signed out but remain logged in to BAEC.

This happened today and yesterday. Is anyone else having problems, or am I doing something wrong?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 4:59 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Which browser are you using?
Old Dec 20, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL
You get this error on Safari for one. IE works fine, as I think does Chrome. Not sure about other browsers.
Old Dec 21, 2012, 11:11 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Just a couple of perturbations: When I began the transfer process, I was reminded that I had a pre-Executive Club account. Invited to convert it to Executive Club, I couldn't do anything with it because of a "system problem - please try again later". Gah! Momentary panic. But they knew it was I. Telephone customer service got the same red box. How to get around it?

Later for that. I opened a new Executive Club account. Had the normal issues with making every single element consistent between Diamond Club and Executive Club accounts. Done. No go. Thrice. But what could it be? Turned out that when I enrolled in Diamond Club waaaay back, I'd reversed the date and month of my birthday - perhaps the two great nations separated by a common language thing. Fortunately a savvy Executive Club CSR, the second one I spoke with, spotted the problem. "Savvy," because "It happens a lot". But she couldn't change my birthdate in the Diamond Club account. As everyone here knows, I couldn't do it myself online. So, I needed to call Diamond Club in Britain to get it sorted. Bother, but bingo. All worked from that point forward.

One surprising bit: I then tried transferring (far fewer) miles from another Diamond Club account that was under the foreshortened nickname version of my name, and whsssshhhht, it went through as easily as many of the savvy report hereabove. Must've broken the seal, incompatibility notwithstanding.

So, two or four free one ways on AA for filling out a few extraordinarily easy surveys, thank you Keely et al. (E-rewards doesn't lay a patch...)

Hail, farewell, and thank you, bmi and Diamond Club! I'll miss the modest club rooms and the many short hops across the Channel for a pittance of dc or United miles, one of the ongoing gems of frequent traveller reward programs - while it lasted - ever. Job well done. Disssssmissed.

^

Last edited by Firewind; Dec 21, 2012 at 11:18 pm
Old Dec 22, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
It's thirteen (actual not working) days since I applied for the status match. I wanted to wait as long as possible so did it on 9th December. I don't want to transfer my miles until I see that the status has worked. Does anyone have opinions as to how long I should wait until I ask Nicci (or anybody else) to check it out? I have read so much about transfers taking many weeks and I do not want to find out that it's gone AWOL and that I can do nothing if 31st December passes.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
I don't see why you wait for the match to transfer the miles. They are useless if not transferred and once transferred you can use them as a blue member too.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
I tried going through the transfer my miles process. When I entered in my Diamond club and password, it would not accept my password. So I requested a new password which was sent via email. I tried entering in the new password sent to me by copying and pasting it or by manual entry - it was rejected. I then tried entering in my email instead of my DC # and my new password was still rejected. I'm at a loss what to do now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.