Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2012, 11:55 am
Suspended

Yep, Chrome did the trick. Thanks
Old Oct 2, 2012, 5:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Tried it with Firefox, worked no problem. Thanks for the help.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by flashware
I found that when it opens in a sub frame, just click through again in that sub frame and then it will usually work.
Just wanted to say a massive thank you for this tip. I thought I was going insane but never thought to 'inception' it.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by tishooo
Just wanted to say a massive thank you for this tip. I thought I was going insane but never thought to 'inception' it.
No worries. Did the same to me until I worked it out
Old Oct 23, 2012, 10:58 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
transfer from DC family account?

My in-laws have some miles in a DC family account: some time ago, the miles were consolidated, with my fil as the 'head of household'. I want to transfer to BA account, but it appears that family membership miles can't be transferred.

Furthermore, I can't seem to find a way to dissolve the family account: a search suggested that I need to email BD -- is that really the only way? And if so, what is the email -- the 'contact us' page of DC webpage doesn't offer one.

thanks for the help: I seem to keep going round in circles, at the moment!

tb
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:07 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
There is no problem transferring miles from a family account.
If all the miles are currently with the head of the household, you do the transfer from this account, if they are spread, you can transfer each portion individually or combine them first and transfer from there.
You don't say what exactly is the problem, but it is probably found in this thread - update dates of birth to match between BA and BMI, email and postal addresses.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You cannot dissolve a BMI family account because it does not 'exist' in the same way that a BA household account does.

A BMI family account is simply a way of transferring points for free between various people.

If your miles cannot be moved to BA, it is probably because there is a mismatch in your date of birth between your BA and BMI accounts. No need for any address match or email match in my experience.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:25 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Thanks for the replies. It's just that going into my mil's account, I could see the 'transfer to avios' option, but not with my fil (who is head of household). He didn't have a BAEC account, so I just set one up for him, so maybe that was the issue, but I need him to log into his email to boot it up before I can check.

tb
Old Oct 24, 2012, 5:40 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
You/he must register his date of birth in order for "Combine my avios" link to appear. It's in Advanced passenger information, I think.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 6:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
No longer much time to transfer the miles from bmi to BA. Until end of December only
Old Oct 25, 2012, 1:52 am

Programs: TK Gold, FB Silver, A3 Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
No longer much time to transfer the miles from bmi to BA. Until end of December only
What's the source of this information? Can't see any mention of it elsewhere.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:18 am

Programs: Who cares ?
deleted

Last edited by sparkythehamster; Jan 10, 2013 at 10:38 am
Old Oct 25, 2012, 2:21 am

Note also that the new website will be live soon:
From 28 October 2012 you will not be able to access your Diamond Club account on www.flybmi.com. However, we have created a new website for our UK and South West Pacific members called www.diamondclub.org, where you can access your destinations miles balance and full account information. The new website will be available from 27 October 2012.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:56 am
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Originally Posted by mfhstid
What's the source of this information? Can't see any mention of it elsewhere.
E-Mail from 28 September 2012

Important information about your Diamond Club membership

Dear TallestHotelInJapan

During the past few months, we have been in contact with you regarding a number of changes that have been made to the Diamond Club, following the sale of bmi to IAG, the owner of British Airways.

As part of the ongoing transition of bmi into British Airways, we have been looking at the future plans for Diamond Club and after very careful consideration we have taken the decision to close Diamond Club for members outside of the UK and South West Pacific on 31 December 2012.

As a result of the decision to close Diamond Club, we would like to announce the following changes.

From 27 October 2012, the following benefits will no longer be available:

• Earning and spending your destinations miles on bmi operated flights with a bmi flight number
• Earning and spending your destinations miles on airline partners British Airways, Jet Airways, Qatar Airways
and Transaero Airlines
• Earning destinations miles on bmi hotel partners, WorldPoints, through American Express Membership
Rewards or when you shop online
• Buying destinations miles
• Upgrading your flight with destinations miles
• Earning status miles

From 27 October 2012 until 31 December 2012, you will be able to do the following:

• If you are a Diamond Club Gold or Silver member, you can apply for matching tier status within the Executive
Club at ba.com/tiermatch

Transfer destinations miles into Executive Club Avios at ba.com/diamondclub

• Gold and Silver members can also continue to access the bmi and selected British Airways lounges at
London Heathrow and London Gatwick

Please review the new terms and conditions here.

British Airways is inviting all Diamond Club members, who are not already members of the Executive Club to enrol at ba.com/welcomebmi.

On 31 December 2012 your account will close and any destinations miles not transferred by this date will expire.

Thank you from all of us

I would like to take this opportunity, along with bmi and the Diamond Club team to sincerely thank you for your support of bmi and your membership of the Diamond Club.

Peter Simpson signature

Peter Simpson
Managing Director
Old Oct 25, 2012, 5:58 am

Did that without any Problems - Thanks for that!

But i can't combine the two Accounts...Tried to establish a Family Account, but does not work...Why is that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.