Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The (bmi) Diamond Club - BAEC Avios Transfer Tool : Report successes / issues

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 7:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
Goodness, I'd never have drawn that conclusion.
Just in case someone had the desire to show the OP some sympathy I thought it a good idea to point out the bleedin' obvious.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Blue, Sixt Platinum, HH Gold
Is anyone else having trouble with it continuously just saying "your session has timed out" on the page after you enter your DC number and password?

I've been trying to transfer some more DC points over to BA, but it's been doing this all wee for me! It worked perfectly when I used it a few months ago.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Still moving the CC miles over on a monthly basis. Really need to think about moving to the BA Amex, but appear to have missed the really good sign up bonus d'oh!
And those pesky Hilton ones as well. If a stay got the same Avios as DC miles it'd be so much easier .

Maybe they could add a 'continuous transfer authority'?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Sixt Platinum, HH Gold
Annnnnnnnnd after weeks of playing silly buggers, tonight it works... ^
Old Sep 17, 2012, 4:39 pm

Worked perfectly even though I have UK bmi address for the MBNA card but a BA address for the continued benefits of eurocheating.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:07 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Did mine yesterday, sad day for me and bmi..... looks like it's finally over.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 6:57 am

Programs: QF Platinum/Lifetime Gold, LH Senator, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by neuromancer
You can't have a BAEC account in Australia. You can change your BMI address instead. Also make sure the e-mails, names and date of birth are the same in both accounts.
So the upshot of this is that any DC member who is resident of Australia can not take advantage of any points transfer or status match with BA?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 7:56 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by traveller1971
So the upshot of this is that any DC member who is resident of Australia can not take advantage of any points transfer or status match with BA?
Given that QF have sent BA packing after getting into bed with EK I'm sure it won't be long before Australian residents are allowed to join BAEC. The question is whether this will happen before DC is wound up or not....
Old Sep 23, 2012, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by traveller1971
ISTR that Nicci (posting either as BA Executive Club or DiamondClubQueries) has suggested the workaround of finding a correspondence address in a different country for a BAEC account, in order to enable the functions to work for you. If there is official support like that, I would have thought that there would be no room for qualms about the propriety of doing this.

It might be worth running this search or this search to see whether I'm merely imagining this.
Old Sep 24, 2012, 4:45 am

Programs: QF Platinum/Lifetime Gold, LH Senator, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by Globaliser
ISTR that Nicci (posting either as BA Executive Club or DiamondClubQueries) has suggested the workaround of finding a correspondence address in a different country for a BAEC account, in order to enable the functions to work for you. If there is official support like that, I would have thought that there would be no room for qualms about the propriety of doing this.

It might be worth running this search or this search to see whether I'm merely imagining this.
Yeah, I had thought of that. Unfortunately my European address is for official mail only and I haven't yet found a friendly address as an alternative. I naively thought that BA would have provided a solution
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: BD Gold, BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors
DC miles converted to Avios. It did take me about 10 minutes of looking to find the "combine my avios" option though - thank goodness for ctrl-F search function!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Another day, another conversion for me after the credit card miles arrived.

Went through the steps - was done and dusted in two minutes with Diamond Club miles converted into Avios.

Balances reflected within seconds on both accounts.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 6:06 am

Programs: Executive Club, AMEX, Club Carlson, Tesco clubcard, Nectar, Odeon
I never flew with BMI but they gave me silver membership because of the industry I work in. The sign-up bonus of 1500 miles was nicely transferred to Avios. Unfortunately but understandably the silver membership was not taken over by BA.
Fortunately the BMI silver card can be used until next year for a lounge access. Hereafter I probably have to mingle with the plebs (I quote Andrew Mitchell).
Old Sep 28, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: Who cares ?
deleted

Last edited by sparkythehamster; Jan 10, 2013 at 10:27 am
Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Try from ba.com 's side. It looks like bmi.com is very poorly maintained these days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.