Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crying baby in club world??

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2012, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I believe the bassinet positions always show as occupied in EF... Could be wrong though.
It shows as blocked on Expert Flyer if vacant, shows as occupied if taken.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
I believe the bassinet positions always show as occupied in EF... Could be wrong though.
Yep, until T-72 I believe. Interestingly on my GIG-LHR a couple of weeks ago there was a woman with two infants checking in ahead of me, along with 6 cases of luggage and car seats. They were in the centre seats in the row ahead of me, not the bassinet position. Thankfully apart from take off and landing the children were silent.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Athlete95
It shows as blocked on Expert Flyer if vacant, shows as occupied if taken.
Ah, in that case move away from those seat as far as you can.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

the lady was very understanding. She had actually seen the picture and felt rather sorry for me.
I only see three in that picture and they all look to be either fast asleep or acting like little angels.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by HIDDY
If you get compensation for that do let me know.

I shall claim for being pestered by farters, snorers, sniffers,throat clearers,loud talkers,noisy eaters, nose pickers,head scratchers,starers and ugly people.
THAT is the funniest post I've read here.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
I do feel your pain, anguish and despair but I dont think there is much you can do after the flight
Old May 28, 2012, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I only see three in that picture and they all look to be either fast asleep or acting like little angels.
Well, I guess you will just have to take my word for it then. Luckily the KLM call centre did not have to since they had the manifest as well as the notes from the purser who also was kind enough to give me a bottle of wine when we arrived as compensation for the flight.

If you must know: in the seats in the background the parents are fussing over two babies and there is another child which you can't see in the last row on the viewers right.

Little angels was hardly the word. There is a reason a lot of the parents were sleeping. I am sure they were exhausted....
Old May 28, 2012, 1:41 pm

Sorry to the OP, but we were all that age once, and we've likely made a lot of noise at some points in our lives too. It's luck of the draw i'm afraid.

Believe me, i've been there and it's very annoying, but if you chose to fly on (a form of) public transport the you get public. Just be glad you're all home safe.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
I shall claim for being pestered by farters, snorers, sniffers,throat clearers,loud talkers,noisy eaters, nose pickers,head scratchers,starers and ugly people.
Hey Hiddy - I thought we were friends!
Old May 28, 2012, 1:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold
We are off to JNB with master Steve_ZA in August and although he is a pretty good kid (and I imagine he will sleep most of the way) this will be his first LH flight and he may cry a bit. I'm sure like most parents I would prefer if he never cries a all but I suspect that it is going to happen anyway and I will take all reasonable steps to pacify him as I would at home.

I'm sure if someone sat next to me with a crying baby for a whole LH flight I would be pretty unimpressed, but this has never happened I guess because they don't tend to fly upstairs. I can't think of any alternatives though ... I'm not going to fly in whY on the off chance that my normally good child has a bad flight.

Maybe the A380 could have a quiet CW cabin and a separate baby friendly one.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX gold
little quote of the BA website,

Welcome to Club World

Club World longhaul business class is designed around you. From the moment you arrive at the airport to the moment you leave us at your destination we ensure everything is just as you wish.

Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, you have the flexibility to sleep, work or relax so you arrive refreshed and ready for the day ahead.

^
Old May 28, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
If you get compensation for that do let me know.

darn it
Old May 28, 2012, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
We look Master Swiss on his first flight in BA CW LHR-YYZ when he was about 7 weeks old. As we got off the plane, a fellow passenger came up to us and expressed surprise that there had been a baby in the cabin – they hadn’t heard a thing.

A couple of years later, we took the same Master Swiss and Little Miss Swiss on AF in J, CDG-SIN. We had a 2hr connection at Singapore and whilst walking around the airport a lady came up to me and complimented me on the behavior of my kids on the flight.

They’re not perfect all of the time but I – and many other parents – do make a real effort. Again, like the MF/WW debate, it does turn into something of a witch-hunt on FT ???

(I'll also happily give all the credit to keeping the kids quiet to my wife....)
Old May 28, 2012, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Maybe the A380 could have a quiet CW cabin and a separate baby friendly one.
I doubt that will ever happen but out of curiosity, who here would choose the baby friendly one when not traveling with children?

I certainly would not...
Old May 28, 2012, 2:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by thomastuyaerts
Hello fellow BA lovers, A quick question.

Is a crying baby in club world that is keeping you out of your sleep for most of a overnight flight between MCO and LGW enough to write to customer care?
It was really on and off and went on for hours. I do not have anything against children at all but myself and my wife found that for the premium we pay to fly club world (both silver) we arrived absolutely shattered.

BTW I know its a bucket and spade route but still.....

Any chance for a compensation?
If flying with the general public is so difficult, might I suggest you opt for a private jet in the future?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.