Crying baby in club world??

Old May 28, 2012, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX gold
Crying baby in club world??

Hello fellow BA lovers, A quick question.

Is a crying baby in club world that is keeping you out of your sleep for most of a overnight flight between MCO and LGW enough to write to customer care?
It was really on and off and went on for hours. I do not have anything against children at all but myself and my wife found that for the premium we pay to fly club world (both silver) we arrived absolutely shattered.

BTW I know its a bucket and spade route but still.....

Any chance for a compensation?
Old May 28, 2012, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by thomastuyaerts
Hello fellow BA lovers, A quick question.

Is a crying baby in club world that is keeping you out of your sleep for most of a overnight flight between MCO and LGW enough to write to customer care?
It was really on and off and went on for hours. I do not have anything against children at all but myself and my wife found that for the premium we pay to fly club world (both silver) we arrived absolutely shattered.

BTW I know its a bucket and spade route but still.....

Any chance for a compensation?
Happens all too often on these holiday routes in Club... I had a crying toddler (still an infant but looked very close to 2) on a flight back from Punta Cana/Antigua in Club a year ago and it ruined my flight and everyone else's by the sound of it. There were 2 infants on that flight, one that didn't stop crying (the older one) and another who must have been about 6 months old who didn't make a noise.

I think that it can be down to the parents if their child cries the whole flight (unless a small baby, or an unwell baby etc), and obviously at a young age, a parent can't always stop a baby from crying. I am not sure what customer services will say but you could definitely try and write in.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
No, unless for some reason you think BA was at fault!

My 12 month old did BGI LGW 2 weeks ago, overnight, and slept for almost all of it. The other 2 babies in CW also slept well. Luck of the draw. Anyway, since it is clear on the seat map where the babies will be, assuming they have bassinets, you can have a quieter life by avoiding them.

Personally, if mine plays up, I take them to the galley and let them have a crawl. Normally cheers them up.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you get compensation for that do let me know.

I shall claim for being pestered by farters, snorers, sniffers,throat clearers,loud talkers,noisy eaters, nose pickers,head scratchers,starers and ugly people.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by HIDDY
On KLM I got all the miles back for a flight which had so many infants in J that even they agreed it was too much.

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/145573/
Old May 28, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: FT
Kids cry just like people snore. What is the difference? Woud you ask for compensation if a person snored the whole flight?
Old May 28, 2012, 1:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by henkybaby
On KLM I got all the miles back for a flight which had so many infants in J that even they agreed it was too much.

They probably did it on purpose just for a laugh.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by henkybaby

BTW, how many did you manage to kick?
Old May 28, 2012, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
They probably did it on purpose just for a laugh.
I just reread the report and it was actually half the miles of the one-way. I still remember the call with the KLM call centre (this was before FB ruined everything) where the lady was very understanding. She had actually seen the picture and felt rather sorry for me. Not all people immediately consider you to be a miserable sod if you happen to dislike being kept up all night by someone else's kids.

Old May 28, 2012, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX gold
Thx for the replies. No I do not think that BA is at fault. but I can tell you that from all the tuts and evil looks of other pax it was clear that most people payed a premium for a comfy few hrs of sleep and not to listen to a screaming baby!

Why promote a fully flat bed in a premium cabin if you are going to have screaming children keeping you awake all night anyway. that more the point I am making. The bassinet is there so I understand that they will use it...

BTW a fart never woke me up before hiddy, I know, my wife tells me all the time...^
Old May 28, 2012, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY:18654949

I shall claim for being pestered by farters, snorers, sniffers,throat clearers,loud talkers,noisy eaters, nose pickers,head scratchers,starers and ugly people.
+1
Old May 28, 2012, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mkjr

I still firmly believe that it takes a village to raise a child and that I am part of that village.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mkjr

I am flying to India in a few weeks (3-class 777) and there is an infant in 4E according to Expert Flyer (shows 4EF occupied, can only be pre-reserved before T-72 by pax with an infant), and there is also an infant in 15E in the first row of WT by the look of it.

I am in 2K at the moment, might move to 11K when it opens up at T-72 but not sure if there is really a point, infants either way, but I have to say that the vast majority of infants I have been on flights with have been really well behaved. ^
Old May 28, 2012, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Do we need an ADDitional disclaimer here?

Sorry, but life is life. Sometimes you're the statue and sometimes you're the pigeon.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Athlete95
I am flying to India in a few weeks (3-class 777) and there is an infant in 4E according to Expert Flyer (shows 4EF occupied, can only be pre-reserved before T-72 by pax with an infant), and there is also an infant in 15E in the first row of WT by the look of it.
I believe the bassinet positions always show as occupied in EF... Could be wrong though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.