Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:19 am

Avios to make an announcement on the 28th August on how to get 1000 avios via Shell. So wait until 28th to fill up.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 1:41 pm

Did anybody get the Jubilee bonus yet?

Dear XXXXX,

As you know, 2012 is Diamond Jubilee Year, and we'd like to commemorate this most British of events by giving each and every one of our Members another great reason to celebrate.

Between the 28 May and the 1 July 2012, you can now earn a bonus 1,000 Avios when you fill up twice with at least 15 litres of fuel at a Shell garage. Simply fill up your tank, swipe your Shell Drivers' Club card, and you'll be a 1,000 Avios closer to that dream holiday.

And don't forget you can collect Avios every time you fill up with Shell. Every 20 litres of Shell FuelSave or Shell regular fuel will earn you 10 Avios, which will be automatically credited to your British Airways Executive Club account each quarter. And now, from 3 May, you can collect double points on all Shell V-Power fuels meaning you'll earn more Avios for every fill. Just make sure you select British Airways Executive Club as your reward. Even better, if you collect 75 Avios in a quarter, we'll give you a further 2,000 bonus Avios too.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by cmcbugg
I don't know if it's still possible to earn the 2000 new partner bonus points with Shell (the next Shell avios posting date is Dec - which is after the Avios bonus quarter dates end) - but if you do register a new Shell card - promotion code WHS2012 gets 250 bonus shell points (until 26 Aug I think)
In an online chat with Avios.com last week I asked them this and since the shell quarters don't align with the Avios.com quarters they said the Shell points post so late we'll miss the bonus.

i.e. the "collect in new ways" bonus Avios offer now doesn't work with Shell...
Old Aug 25, 2012, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
As far as I can see, the quarter ending 30 June 2012 hasn't yet been done. But if you had 179 points at that date, that should be enough for them to be sent. But they won't have been sent unless/until your balance drops by 179 points. And I think you can then expect them to be credited to avios.com about early September.
My account still hasn't had any kind of deduction for the quarter ending 30 June (shows a total of 229 points including the 179 points I had as of 30 June).

Should the 179 points have left my Shell account by now?

Who do I contact to kick this process into action?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Should the 179 points have left my Shell account by now?
No. They always take forever. But when they do, it will be 160 points as they only deduct amounts divisible by 20.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by Jetdriver787
Did anybody get the Jubilee bonus yet?
No I've not had this one yet, and I've been watching out for it too. However after Shell taking around 3 months to post any points due you kind of get used to it!
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by louie-m
No. They always take forever. But when they do, it will be 160 points as they only deduct amounts divisible by 20.
If only I'd bought an extra 1/2 litre of fuel... <sigh> Still ought to be enough for the quarterly bonus, though... I think.

The whole Shell > Avios thing has only achieved one thing for me, a determination to avoid Shell as much as possible in the future!
Old Aug 26, 2012, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
If only I'd bought an extra 1/2 litre of fuel... <sigh> Still ought to be enough for the quarterly bonus, though... I think.

The whole Shell > Avios thing has only achieved one thing for me, a determination to avoid Shell as much as possible in the future!
A litre you mean, I'm sure they only count whole litres even if you're using v-power and getting double.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by steve1975l
Avios to make an announcement on the 28th August on how to get 1000 avios via Shell. So wait until 28th to fill up.
It's on my avios.com account page.
Originally Posted by avios.com

1,000 bonus Avios with Shell

Top up with 25 litres of fuel by 30 September, swipe a Shell Drivers’ Club card and get 1,000 bonus Avios. You’ll see your bonus Avios on your account by 31 October.

Terms and conditions
1,000 Bonus Avios offer

You can take part in this promotion as long as you are an Avios member, have registered a Shell Drivers’ Club card and have chosen to receive Avios as your Shell Drivers’ Club reward. When you purchase 25 litres of fuel and swipe your registered Shell Drivers’ Club card between 28 August and 30 September 2012, you’ll be awarded 1,000 bonus Avios, in addition to the standard Avios awarded. The 25 litres of fuel does not have to be purchased in one transaction, however the purchases must be made between the dates above and the same registered Shell Drivers’ Club card must be swiped with each purchase to be eligible. Your standard Avios will be awarded in December 2012 and the 1,000 bonus Avios will be awarded in a separate transaction and will show on your Avios account by 31 October 2012. Members are only eligible for one bonus award. Avios accepts no responsibility for members who are unable to fulfill the terms of this promotion.
For once a Shell/Avios promotion I can probably make use of.

They are still plugging 'See how to get 2,000 Avios every quarter, each time you collect in a new way in the next 12 months' even though opportunities are limited for newcomers - just two quarters left, and the first of those needs 70 Avios credited by 30 September.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Roger
It's on my avios.com account page.
For once a Shell/Avios promotion I can probably make use of.
Q: Is this new bonus only for those sending Shell points to Avios.com or does this also apply to those sending to BAEC, I wonder?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 8:21 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
SHELL &amp;amp; Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Just got this mail but i wont bother switching my preference to avios.com to take advantage as it doesnt happen instantly, ie: when i changed from avios to baec last time the transfer still went to avios and only went to baec the quarter after. I had updated a good month or so before the transfer.

If your preference isnt already set to avios.com it probably wont work.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
I wonder if it's feasible to pick up a second shell club card to link to avios.com just for this promotion?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by rembrandtuk
I wonder if it's feasible to pick up a second shell club card to link to avios.com just for this promotion?
I am going to try it, see if it works use a different email address obviously.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 3:43 pm

The 1,000 Avios bonus offer is now also showing on the BAEC home page.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 2:52 am

Perhaps a silly question, but if I set my Shell preference to Avios, will they recognise my e-mail address/name etc and automatically link up with my Avios.com account to credit me the bonus? Or do I need to transfer them from Shell over to Avios manually?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.