Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
Merge shell threads?

There seem to be 2-3 threads on Shell. Worth merging?

Incidentally it looks as if Drivers Club was poor 2-3 years ago. A google on flyertalk and moneysaving expert shows a litany of failures.

It looks as if Shell have fixed this. I've found that my purchases of petrol post within 48 hours.

One issue to be aware of with the shopping site -Shell says it can take up to 35 days for points to post. Which is too late for this quarter (ending 29 Feb).
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Blue, HH Diamond
Can anyone else confirm...

I get the usual normal unleaded petrol from shell most weeks. If I buy over 150 litres in the month, at the end of the month I automatically get double points (eg if I already have earned 150 points that month I get another 150 points once I reach that threshold). I'm assuming I'm getting their V-power club bonus... but I'm doing this getting only normal unleaded

Does anyone else get 150 litres a month to pull this trigger?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by 2002ad

I get the usual normal unleaded petrol from shell most weeks. If I buy over 150 litres in the month, at the end of the month I automatically get double points (eg if I already have earned 150 points that month I get another 150 points once I reach that threshold). I'm assuming I'm getting their V-power club bonus... but I'm doing this getting only normal unleaded

????

Why would you get double points for 150 litres in a month?

As I read it, it's 150 litres in a QUARTER, of V-power ONLY.

Last edited by meester69; Feb 16, 2012 at 3:40 pm
Old Feb 16, 2012, 4:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by 2002ad

You need 201 litres of any fuel (normal or v-power) in a calendar month to get 2 points per litre. This is a separate threshold to the 150 v-power litres a quarter to get into the v-power club.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Something odd going with the transfers this quarter. I have two accounts, one of which earned 591 points, the other, coincidentally 588. As multiples of 20 Shell points are transferred to multiples of 10 Avios, I expected to receive 2 x 290 Avios, but both credits to my BA account are for 250 Avios and I've now received statements showing balance carried forward of 91 and 88 points. No idea why.....
Old Mar 6, 2012, 3:55 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by louie-m
Something odd going with the transfers this quarter. I have two accounts, one of which earned 591 points, the other, coincidentally 588. As multiples of 20 Shell points are transferred to multiples of 10 Avios, I expected to receive 2 x 290 Avios, but both credits to my BA account are for 250 Avios and I've now received statements showing balance carried forward of 91 and 88 points. No idea why.....
I thought transfers were done in multiples of 100 Shell points.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:33 am

Programs: One Pass, BAEC, AA
I can confirm transfers from Shell are in 20 point increments = 10 Avios.

Received in yesterday post my Shell statement - this was for Shell points earned Sep-Dec 2011, and that have only just been transferred over to Avios.

This has lowered my Shell balance, which now is under the 160 point requirement for the Jan-March 2012 SHELL quarter, which will earn 80 Avios + 2000 Avios bonus.

According to Avios - although the points from Shell wont be transferred to Avios until June, for the purpose of the 2000 Bonus Avios, it will be backdated to the March 1 - May 31 Avios bonus quarter. Quite confusing !!!

Also - I received some coupons with the statement for 100 bonus Shell points for 2 x 10 litre fill ups in March and another 100 bonus points for 2 x 10 litre fill ups in April.

I made a quick call to Shell - seems the bonus points wont be applied until SEPTEMBER (2 statement periods after meeting the requirement of the promo)
for the March promo and until DECEMBER for the April promo.

I think the only way of really knowing you are going to get the 2000 avios bonus is to make sure you get 160 litres credited per Shell quarter (note the Shell quarter and Avios quarters are different) - just to add to this very confusing promo !!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:29 am

When do you get the Shell 2K bonus?

Last edited by steve1975l; Mar 7, 2012 at 5:49 am
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: BA (Silver), Virgin (Silver)
Originally Posted by louie-m
I agree there is something odd going on, but count yourself lucky. Despite earning 498 Shell Points last quarter something failed and none of them converted over to Avios and all 498 points are carrying over.

As a result I won't be receiving my first round of 2k bonus for converting with a new partner. Frustrating.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,
It is worth checking that if you have set up your Shell account to transfer to BA that you have your account number setup. I found that I had never received any points in my BA account which was due to be not having my BAEC account number setup with Shell.

I set up a new account with Shell for Mrs flyoff and found that when you first set up the account you can set up the transfer partner but it doesn't ask for account numbers. This is fine for Avios.com but for BAEC it results in the points being transferred out of your Shell account into a black hole.

Check that you have your BAEC account number setup on the Shell website.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Well my points 'left' Shell on the 27th Feb but nothing in my Avios account still.

Can you see which Avios account your Shell is linked to? I am hoping to get the 2K bonus for Dec - Feb.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:31 am

I set up 2 Shell Driver cards at the same address; 1 to credit to BA and 1 to credit to Avios. In fear of them being merged I changed the DOB's slightly, however I now see they have been merged regardless.

Perhaps a good thing, as i will find it hard to get to 160 points each quarter per card. I have to weigh up the price at filling up at Shell over Tesco where I often have a 5p/10p off per litre voucher, and of course a few clubcard points thrown in.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:39 am

Download the Shell app, activate another 50 point bonus if you fill up 30L 8th-23rd. I have a V8 so I'll easily be visiting on more than one occasion.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:48 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Do the points transfer automatically at a certain threshold (I have 188 shell points) or do you ask them to transfer to Avios? I have set my reward already but can't see how to transfer the points.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 3:56 am

Just make sure you selected BA as your award and BAEC number is there. I had 2500 transfered and they left 153 in the account all done automatically. I have 792 as of today, only started in late November after reading this forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.