Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Anyway, this week I've driven 700 miles, so I filled up twice with V-Power fuel for the double points to try and get some points quickly, and my Shell balance is now showing as 179 points. This should be enough to convert to Avios (when will this happen?) and is should also be to trigger the bonus 2000 Avios, correct?

27/06/2012 Shell V-Power/Super 35 71
26/06/2012 Shell V-Power 29 58
26/06/2012 Central points - 50

There might also be a 50 point bonus coming for opting in to Avios, I think; that first 50 points is presumably for signing up for the club online.
An FTer (can't remember who) said that the Shell > Avios thing was just too unpredictable and generally hopeless to be worth bothering with. I'm starting to agree!

I haven't been near a Shell station since the end of July. However, after those three transactions I mentioned earlier, I see as follows:

02/07/2012 Central Points Points earned +100
02/07/2012 Central Points Points redeemed -100

(what's that all about??)

then

30/07/2012 Central Points Points earned +50

which was caused by me uninstalling the Android app at the weekend, re-installing it, then logging back in to my Shell account.

So my balance is now 229 points... and I have no idea why!

Just hoping they manage to convert that to Avios - when will this happen? Do I need to do anything - apart from cross all my fingers and toes...?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
An FTer (can't remember who) said that the Shell > Avios thing was just too unpredictable and generally hopeless to be worth bothering with. I'm starting to agree!
Once you've got it running properly, it should run with no real difficulties. It's not slick or efficient, but it does work (in its own fashion).
However, after those three transactions I mentioned earlier, I see as follows:

02/07/2012 Central Points Points earned +100
02/07/2012 Central Points Points redeemed -100

(what's that all about??)
Did you drop any bonus point vouchers in to a station? "Central points" is how they show up, though I don't know about the immediately-following "redeemed", which suggests they might have applied the voucher to the wrong account.
Just hoping they manage to convert that to Avios - when will this happen?
As far as I can see, the quarter ending 30 June 2012 hasn't yet been done. But if you had 179 points at that date, that should be enough for them to be sent. But they won't have been sent unless/until your balance drops by 179 points. And I think you can then expect them to be credited to avios.com about early September.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA
I emailed them as my miles didn't hit the account for the last quarter.Had an email to say they were now in the account when i checked they re-added all the miles i had ever earned. Must let them know
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by the stig
I emailed them as my miles didn't hit the account for the last quarter.Had an email to say they were now in the account when i checked they re-added all the miles i had ever earned. Must let them know
Quality!
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:08 am

That was me.

Originally Posted by the stig
Oh good, they can add the 100k odd (driven) miles that i did with them in 2006 then, and got next to nowt....
Old Aug 3, 2012, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Once you've got it running properly, it should run with no real difficulties.
Mmm... I'm still struggling with the "getting it running properly" bit, it seems.

As far as I can see, the quarter ending 30 June 2012 hasn't yet been done. But if you had 179 points at that date, that should be enough for them to be sent. But they won't have been sent unless/until your balance drops by 179 points. And I think you can then expect them to be credited to avios.com about early September.
Q: Do points normally "disappear" promptly from Shell at the end of each quarter, then get credited ~2 months later at Avios.com? ...or do the points hang around at Shell for some or all of that time?

Final question, do I chase Shell about a points>Avios transfer, or do I go to direct to Avios.com about this?
Old Aug 3, 2012, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Q: Do points normally "disappear" promptly from Shell at the end of each quarter, then get credited ~2 months later at Avios.com? ...or do the points hang around at Shell for some or all of that time?
I don't know about "promptly", because I only check the Shell website about once a quarter. But I have sometimes noticed that the points have gone from Shell but are not credited to avios.com for some time.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA IHG
I don't know if it's still possible to earn the 2000 new partner bonus points with Shell (the next Shell avios posting date is Dec - which is after the Avios bonus quarter dates end) - but if you do register a new Shell card - promotion code WHS2012 gets 250 bonus shell points (until 26 Aug I think)
Old Aug 14, 2012, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by cmcbugg
I don't know if it's still possible to earn the 2000 new partner bonus points with Shell (the next Shell avios posting date is Dec - which is after the Avios bonus quarter dates end) - but if you do register a new Shell card - promotion code WHS2012 gets 250 bonus shell points (until 26 Aug I think)
I wonder if you need to be a new customer or not, the website seems to support having multiple shell cards.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was browsing the Avios.com site and found this statement to do with Rewards Savers. Is it now possible to book Reward Savers on long haul flights?

If you collect 1 Avios (or more) in the 12 months before booking a British Airways or Iberia flight to Zone 1, 2 or 3, we'll pay your airline taxes, fees and surcharges and you just pay the Avios fare and £27 pp return in economy (or where available £30 World Traveller Plus, £34 Business Class and £40 First Class).
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I was browsing the Avios.com site and found this statement to do with Rewards Savers. Is it now possible to book Reward Savers on long haul flights?
Moscow?
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
Moscow?

Yes you're smarter than me.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:19 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Yes you're smarter than me.
Very much doubt it, you're living in me and mrs yorkieflyers favourite vacation territory, we're in yorkshire
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:20 pm
Suspended

Yes I think it must be talking about moscow, if you go on to "Explore and check availability" you can click to show reward flight savers only on the map.

So what does this have to do with Shell HIDDY!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic

So what does this have to do with Shell HIDDY!
I thought it was the Shell and Avios Master Thread?

I did a search and this is what came up first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.