Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Roger
Those were the old rules, I think. The current T+Cs are pathetic:

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...c/en_gb?#shell

So no purchases in October, November or December qualify, and January/February/March purchases get double credit. As if.

Did you say MUD? You're too gentle.
I copied pasted from here...

http://www.avios.com/collect/get-more

Weird, the dates ARE different!

Well spotted.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 3:13 pm

5p off per litre of V-Power Unleaded or Diesel at selected Shell stations only on Tuesday 14th February. See this link for more info-

http://www.shell.co.uk/home/content/...ine_promotion/
Old Feb 10, 2012, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by ajdj
5p off per litre of V-Power Unleaded or Diesel at selected Shell stations only on Tuesday 14th February. See this link for more info-

http://www.shell.co.uk/home/content/...ine_promotion/
They really are desperate to get people switched to V Power, eh?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
Double Dipping/Bonuses

There seems to be no rule preventing me have more than one Shell Drivers Club Account.

So... looks like its worth having one for BAEC, and one for Avios.

As soon as I hit the 150 points threshold on the first account, switch to the second. The purpose is to trigger the 2000 avios qtr bonus.

In addition to the 50 point sign-up bonus for registering, I received an email a few days later offering me 100 points to "activate" the account; this was contingent on filling up a minimum of 20 litres.

100 point bonus will post early March. So I only need to post 50 points/litres to that account in the March - May quarter....
Old Feb 16, 2012, 4:33 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by londonbus
There seems to be no rule preventing me have more than one Shell Drivers Club Account.

As soon as I hit the 150 points threshold on the first account, switch to the second. The purpose is to trigger the 2000 avios qtr bonus.

In addition to the 50 point sign-up bonus for registering, I received an email a few days later offering me 100 points to "activate" the account; this was contingent on filling up a minimum of 20 litres.

100 point bonus will post early March. So I only need to post 50 points/litres to that account in the March - May quarter....

Get the iPhone app too if you have one.

I've had 2 "extra 50 points for 30 litres" vouchers sent to me so far.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold,

Londonbus you may be taking a risk with this as the rules state:

Shell 75 Avios (Collection amount can include joining award)
but then goes on to say:
Avios collected under any other bonus promotions or offers don't count towards the minimum collection amount.
Therefore if they enforce this rule then the additional bonuses do not count to get to the threshold.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
Well... the only question - are the avios a bonus?

They are awarded in light of bonus shell points; its the points which are the bonus - not the avios...

Also - is the 100 point award part of the joining award?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:34 am
Suspended

Well... the only question - are the avios a bonus?

They are awarded in light of bonus shell points; its the points which are the bonus - not the avios...

Also - is the 100 point award part of the joining award?
Interesting question.

http://www.avios.com/collect/get-more says...

*Participating partners and Minimum Collection Amounts:
Shell 75 Avios (Collection amount can include joining award)
It doesn't mention anything about other bonus shell points being counted towards the minimum collection amounts though.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:20 am

I now have a second, unregistered drivers club card waiting for 1 March - when I can register it for 50 points... It will be used for Avios (ex-Airmiles). Plan is to "fill up" the card covering the BAEC first (i.e. hit the 150 point target) then cover the card for Avios...
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:43 am

Avios say...

I tweeted Avios to check re the 100 bonus Shell points and they say "Hi, once they are converted to Avios they will count towards the 75 [minimum] Avios"

I assume this will also apply to BAEC.

Therefore, I will only need to buy 50 litres of fuel for the next quarter to hit the 150 Shell points needed unlock to the 2000 avios bonus.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Therefore, I will only need to buy 50 litres of fuel for the next quarter to hit the 150 Shell points needed unlock to the 2000 avios bonus.
60 actually as Shell points are transferred in 20 point multiples.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
60 actually as Shell points are transferred in 20 point multiples.
The minimum Avios to trigger the bonus required is 75 - 150 points. Does this mean I actually need 160 points?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:12 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
The minimum Avios to trigger the bonus required is 75 - 150 points. Does this mean I actually need 160 points?
Yes
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Note you can get 150 points for signing up to the Snapfish photo service via the Shell eshop portal.

Your first 40 prints are also free, subject to 99p postage. So join Snapfish, load up a few photos, order your prints (only cost is 99p) and you are just about there for your 2,000 Avios bonus.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Raffles
Note you can get 150 points for signing up to the Snapfish photo service via the Shell eshop portal.

Your first 40 prints are also free, subject to 99p postage. So join Snapfish, load up a few photos, order your prints (only cost is 99p) and you are just about there for your 2,000 Avios bonus.
I have virgin broadband (100mb) which came with some (quite a few actually) free snapfish photos every month, I must admit I never bothered using them though and I think my year has run out now, doh!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.