Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Can you see which Avios account your Shell is linked to? Shell just shows AVIOS - no account number
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:02 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
This arrived earlier in my BAEC account:

01-Mar-12 10-Mar-12 Miscellaneous - Shell Multicollect Bonus 0 2,000

Presumably relating to this earlier posting:

31-Dec-11 25-Feb-12 Miscellaneous - SHELL PLUSPOINTS CONV 0 250

At least that answers how the timing works given how unclear the T&Cs are.
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by smckay
Can you see which Avios account your Shell is linked to? Shell just shows AVIOS - no account number
It is like Tesco, it looks for an account in your name and posts there, and possibly creates a new one if it can't find one
Old Mar 11, 2012, 1:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Raffles
It is like Tesco, it looks for an account in your name and posts there, and possibly creates a new one if it can't find one
Thanks Raffles, still no avios for shell points that left shell on the 27th Feb. time for a phone call
Old Mar 11, 2012, 6:27 am

If you miss the first quarter of this bonus, are you still eligible for the second providing you meet the requirements?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: BD Blue+, LH Blue, VS Red (nothing metallic: I don't get out much these days.....)
Originally Posted by pazza2000
If you miss the first quarter of this bonus, are you still eligible for the second providing you meet the requirements?
T&Cs on ba.com say "Each quarter is independent of the others." so I hope so; I'm reliant on this also given that the stupid rules mean even though I've got enough shell points, they haven't converted to Avios so I miss the first quarter bonus
Old May 28, 2012, 12:02 pm

I'm short of points to make my Shell points for the bonus Avios this quarter - can anyone suggest any merchant from Shell Drivers Club eshopping which would post points to my account fast enough to reach my account on/before the 31 May (three days from now)? ...or is there no chance? I need 110 more points.

I'm out of the UK at the mo so simply buying fuel is out of the question :-(
Old May 28, 2012, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
I'm short of points to make my Shell points for the bonus Avios this quarter - can anyone suggest any merchant from Shell Drivers Club eshopping which would post points to my account fast enough to reach my account on/before the 31 May (three days from now)? ...or is there no chance? I need 110 more points.

I'm out of the UK at the mo so simply buying fuel is out of the question :-(

Without being stupid I think your bang out of luck I'm afraid.

But hopefully your having a nice time wherever you are !

cs
Old May 30, 2012, 10:52 pm

Pity as if you fill up twice before 1st you get 1000 avios too.
Old May 31, 2012, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by steve1975l
Pity as if you fill up twice before 1st you get 1000 avios too.
Was about to post this. Here are the details from the email I got from BAEC:

As you know, 2012 is Diamond Jubilee Year, and we'd like to commemorate this most British of events by giving each and every one of our Members another great reason to celebrate.

Between the 28 May and the 1 July 2012, you can now earn a bonus 1,000 Avios when you fill up twice with at least 15 litres of fuel at a Shell garage. Simply fill up your tank, swipe your Shell Drivers' Club card, and you'll be a 1,000 Avios closer to that dream holiday.

And don't forget you can collect Avios every time you fill up with Shell. Every 20 litres of Shell FuelSave or Shell regular fuel will earn you 10 Avios, which will be automatically credited to your British Airways Executive Club account each quarter. And now, from 3 May, you can collect double points on all Shell V-Power fuels meaning you'll earn more Avios for every fill. Just make sure you select British Airways Executive Club as your reward
Old May 31, 2012, 5:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
What's the difference (if any) between fuelsave and regular unleaded?

On the pumps at my local shell the sign says fuelsave regular unleaded. But last week a weirdly worded sign something along the lines of 'we apologise that currently fuelsave regular unleaded is unavailable. For the moment there will only be regular unleaded available'.
Old May 31, 2012, 5:42 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
New T&Cs, double points and our new partner Waitrose

Just seen this is my email...

We’d like to tell you about some exciting changes to Shell Drivers’ Club.

As well as new Terms and Conditions, you can now collect 2 points for every litre of Shell V-Power fuels you buy, and you can now automatically convert points into vouchers from our new partner Waitrose!

Read on or see our updated Terms & Conditions online to find out more.
I'll still never fly Shell again.

I just can't be bothered to work out how/when they post the points, I don't feel it's worth the effort, plus the fuel is way more expensive than Tesco.
Old May 31, 2012, 5:56 am

shell is the cheapest in my area.
Old May 31, 2012, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by trickster
Was about to post this. Here are the details from the email I got from BAEC:
Was this a targetted offer? I didn't get that email and I can't find it online... ?
Old May 31, 2012, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Was this a targetted offer? I didn't get that email and I can't find it online... ?
No idea. Doesn't feel like it should be targeted. The email came from BA but the link takes you to Shell - can't post it as it contains a customer id for me. The page it goes to doesn't seem to have any details of the offer though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.