Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Read on or see our updated Terms & Conditions online to find out more.
I noticed in passing that the V-Power Club is being discontinued.

However, as everyone now gets 2 points per litre of V-Power, I think that this will make little difference to most V-Power Club members.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:32 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Jan-Mar Shell Points Posted Today

I joined Shell Clubsmart in January in order to cash in on the new partners bonus Chavios deal.

I see today that my points collected between Jan 1st and Mar 31st have posted overnight to BA with both Shell and BAEC showing the transaction.

It is odd that an additional two months (April and May) have passed before they do the calculation, but never mind.

Check your accounts.....and then go back to buying Tesco fuel.

Any idea when the bonus (new partner) miles will post?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:52 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Originally Posted by gnarly
It is odd that an additional two months (April and May) have passed before they do the calculation, but never mind.

Check your accounts.....and then go back to buying Tesco fuel.

Any idea when the bonus (new partner) miles will post?
It always takes them a couple of months to do the transfer.

Only buy Tesco fuel once you have enough Shell points for this quarter.....
Old Jun 3, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: BA
No bonus shell points (ie 200 points for 2 X 15 litre fill ups)for me this quarter on any of the accounts.Anyone else receive any?

Last edited by the stig; Jun 5, 2012 at 11:58 pm
Old Jun 4, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
The T&Cs say that the Avios bonus will post 28 days after the main posting.

Rather annoyingly, Shell has credited all of my bonus driver clubs points collected in March and April to the Dec-Feb quarter. This means there's no way I can hit the required number of points in the remaining days of June. I shall switch to Tesco for petrol until 1 July...
Old Jun 20, 2012, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by the stig
No bonus shell points (ie 200 points for 2 X 15 litre fill ups)for me this quarter on any of the accounts.Anyone else receive any?
Shell bonus points arrived in the post today first coupon expires tomorrow
Old Jun 20, 2012, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by the stig
Shell bonus points arrived in the post today first coupon expires tomorrow
Points, in the post?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Points, in the post?
Yes snail mail one with 100 points when you fill up 3 times with 10 litres and one with 100 points when you fill up twice with 25 litres of fuel.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: not a lot
iphone app

For those who are not aware there is a 'Shell Motorist' iphone app.

If you register your shell card with the app you get bonus point offers pushed to you every week or so.

Typically they are fill up with at least 30 litres and get 50 bonus points. The last one was fill up twice with at least 15 litres and get 100 bonus points.

This works, and works very well. My bonus points post very quickly I find.

The handbook for my car says it should be run on 98 RON fuel where possible so I always put the v-power stuff in it. This qualifies for 2 points per litre.

So, in summary. If you install the app and take advantage of the offers you can get:

30 litres = 60 points for v-power or 30 points for normal
50 bonus points

so either 110 points or 80 points which = 55 or 40 avios per fill-up.

Chuck in the quarterly 2k bonus and it's possible to get quite a good exchange rate.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by LiviLion
For those who are not aware there is a 'Shell Motorist' iphone app.

If you register your shell card with the app you get bonus point offers pushed to you every week or so.

Typically they are fill up with at least 30 litres and get 50 bonus points. The last one was fill up twice with at least 15 litres and get 100 bonus points.

This works, and works very well. My bonus points post very quickly I find.

The handbook for my car says it should be run on 98 RON fuel where possible so I always put the v-power stuff in it. This qualifies for 2 points per litre.

So, in summary. If you install the app and take advantage of the offers you can get:

30 litres = 60 points for v-power or 30 points for normal
50 bonus points

so either 110 points or 80 points which = 55 or 40 avios per fill-up.

Chuck in the quarterly 2k bonus and it's possible to get quite a good exchange rate.

Very well said, i do exactly the same and do well out of it as a result of having Shell fuel cards on our vehicles @ work.

The apple Shell app works very well

cs
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:38 pm

Anyone maxing out their possible 2k bonus by having a shell card for BaEc and one for Haribos.com?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 1:07 am

So, last week I picked up a second Shell Drivers Club card to link with my Avios.com account... but although I selected 'Avios' as my reward type I don't see where to enter an Avios.com account number? Is there really no way to do this?

Originally Posted by Raffles
It is like Tesco, it looks for an account in your name and posts there, and possibly creates a new one if it can't find one
Q: If this is true .. does it match on name and/or address? ...or by email address?

Anyway, this week I've driven 700 miles, so I filled up twice with V-Power fuel for the double points to try and get some points quickly, and my Shell balance is now showing as 179 points. This should be enough to convert to Avios (when will this happen?) and is should also be to trigger the bonus 2000 Avios, correct?

27/06/2012 Shell V-Power/Super 35 71
26/06/2012 Shell V-Power 29 58
26/06/2012 Central points - 50

There might also be a 50 point bonus coming for opting in to Avios, I think; that first 50 points is presumably for signing up for the club online.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
... but although I selected 'Avios' as my reward type I don't see where to enter an Avios.com account number? Is there really no way to do this?
There really is no way to do this.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
There really is no way to do this.
So do I just cross my fingers and hope that Shell "find" my Avios.com account?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:35 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
This quarter are Shell points to BAEC the normal rate or the reduced rate that Avios are offering.

Regards
cal

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.