Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
Are you saying points are not credited for Shell purchases for anything up to six months? How does that incentivise someone's behavior?
This does not seem to be a problem with Tesco promotions that work in broadly the same way.

Life insurance, anyone?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Code:
07/09/2012	SHELL DRIVERS CLUB POINTS JUN 2012 0015xxxxxxxx    80
Shell points finally posted to Avios.com - hurrah!

Now, where's that 2000 Avios "new ways" bonus ...?

I was about to post this, takes forever to post and catch up as per others on this thread but at least iv got my 700 avios now, generally on my avios.com account it takes about a month for the multi collect bonus points to post

cs
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
I seem to have been given a £40 off car hire voucher on my avios.com account courtesy of Shell??? Anyone know what that's about?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
It looks like a near repeat of the one reported in this post (and elsewhere, IIRC): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/18096086-post2.html
Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:54 am

Code:
07/09/2012	SHELL DRIVERS CLUB POINTS JUN 2012 0015xxxxxxxx    80
Shell points finally posted to Avios.com - hurrah!

Now, where's that 2000 Avios "new ways" bonus ...?
Somewhat bizarrely, I still haven't received the Shell "new ways" a.k.a. multi collect 2000 Avios bonus, although today I have just received the bonus from BA...

Code:
11/09/2012 	Multi collect bonus with BA 	2,000
Time to chase them ... again
Old Sep 11, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Somewhat bizarrely, I still haven't received the Shell "new ways" a.k.a. multi collect 2000 Avios bonus, although today I have just received the bonus from BA...

Code:
11/09/2012 	Multi collect bonus with BA 	2,000
Time to chase them ... again
Be patient. They don't always post things at the same time and always take longer than BA. I've had my Lloyds and Tesco bonuses arrive today and expect the Shell one to follow in the next week or two.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Be patient. They don't always post things at the same time and always take longer than BA. I've had my Lloyds and Tesco bonuses arrive today and expect the Shell one to follow in the next week or two.
I am so not patient with Avios.com!

One quick webchat later and my account now has the 2000 Avios in it.

"Divide by zero error at line 2" or something. It's fixed now.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by pauldb
I seem to have been given a £40 off car hire voucher on my avios.com account courtesy of Shell??? Anyone know what that's about?
Don't know about that one from Shell, but I've already had 2 x £40 vouchers this year on avios.com for Avis car hire. I used them by booking a car for 1 day in London for about £39 - so was effectively free. At the check in desk I asked Avis to enter my BA number on the booking. I ended up getting both the Avios points (based on spend amount), and BA points for the same booking. Result.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:29 pm

Just had an e-mail from Shell:

"Dear Mr. XXX,

We hope you're remembering to use your Shell Drivers' Club card every time you visit Shell. To boost your points balance further, here's another 250 Bonus Points when you fill up in the next 2 weeks.

Swipe your Shell Drivers' Club card every time you visit and you'll be on the road to rewards in no time.

250 Bonus Points
Fill up 1 times or more with any Shell fuel.
20 litres per fill required
Offer valid from 04.10.2012 to 17.10.2012"

Obviously on the face of it, this is only worth 125 Avios. However, if you don't often fill up with Shell and are struggling to hit the minimum 70 Avios to trigger the 2,000 'earning in a new way' bonus then this should do the trick.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 3:44 pm

I think these offers are targetted. In any case, the Shell 4th quarter has already finished (30 September) so you are SOL re the 2,000 Avios bonus!
Old Oct 4, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I put £23 in this morning and had the Shell "250 points" email later that day.

To be honest, the Shell station near me is just on the way out of town but is a mile tops from the town centre Tesco (no petrol station) and Asda / Sainsbury (with petrol stations) so handy if I'm going shopping or I'm driving out of town.
The Tesco with a petrol station is 3-4 miles away from my house in the complete opposite direction and there's only Tesco there so another 3-4 mile drive to another supermarket.
Both around 137.9 for a litre of unleaded (Asda 135.9 at present)
Old Oct 5, 2012, 1:22 am

Programs: BD, AA, BA, CO Marriott Plat>gold, Hyatt Diamond>Plat,Hilton Gold SPG Gold PC Plat
Originally Posted by louie-m
I think these offers are targetted. In any case, the Shell 4th quarter has already finished (30 September) so you are SOL re the 2,000 Avios bonus!

According to the info on page 1 of this thread BAEC Q4 has just started

Shell awarding is as follows:
Fill up in January / February / March Avios Awarded in June
Fill up in April / May / June Avios Awarded in September
Fill up in July / August / September Avios Awarded in December
Fill up in October / November / December Avios awarded in March
Avios must be in your account by the end of each quarter to qualify for the bonus Avios for that quarter.

Whereas the Avios timeframe is Quarter 4 1 September 2012- 30 November 2012

Last edited by xcalx; Oct 5, 2012 at 1:51 am Reason: added avios info
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by xcalx
Shell awarding is as follows:
Fill up in January / February / March Avios Awarded in June
Fill up in April / May / June Avios Awarded in September
Fill up in July / August / September Avios Awarded in December
Fill up in October / November / December Avios awarded in March
Avios must be in your account by the end of each quarter to qualify for the bonus Avios for that quarter.

Whereas the Avios timeframe is Quarter 4 1 September 2012- 30 November 2012
In a webchat with Avios.com I asked them about the Shell points > Avios quarters and bonuses and they confirmed that the final Shell quarter for the "collect in new ways" bonus was:

* collect Shell points from July - September 2012
* Shell points collected in that quarter reach Avios.com in December 2012
* therefore arriving at Avios.com in the final Avios.com quarter of the "collect in new ways" promotion

Shell points collected from 1 October 2012 onwards would fall in the Shell Oct/Nov/Dec quarter and if converted would arrive at Avios.com in March 2013 but we have no idea what promotion(s) Avios.com will run in 2013, do we. ...or do we?

Of course, there is a non-zero probability that the guys and gals at Avios.com have no idea what they're doing.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 2:25 am

The dates you quote are telling you that the Shell quarters are different from the quarters used by the other partners in calculating the bonuses, not that the bonus period first started in January, though it could have been worded so much better.

The following have posted to my BAEC account:

01-Mar-12 10-Mar-12 Miscellaneous - Shell Multicollect Bonus 0 2,000
01-Jun-12 14-Jun-12 Miscellaneous - Shell Multicollect Bonus 0 2,000
01-Sep-12 06-Sep-12 Miscellaneous - Shell Multicollect Bonus 0 2,000

The next and final one will be posted dated 1 December in respect of the quarter to 30 September.

Mind you, I will be making sure I collect enough in this quarter just in case they decide to make the offer 5 quarters long given that they will no doubt be receiving loads of complaints as most people seem to be of the same interpretation as you, xcalx.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 3:18 am

All seems a bit unclear to me - I may as well fill up with 20 litres anyway which will give me 250points/125 Avios, select redemption to Avios.com, and I might trigger something (or be eligible for a new promotion) early next year. Who knows!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.