Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by ianwall
25% off at Heathrow Express:
https://www.heathrowexpress.com/visacityoffers

This started on 1st July and only valid on journeys on or before 31st August, so only a few days left. Still, 25% is a descent saving.
Given that kids are free now as well, HEx is looking a lot better value for families these days.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 2:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Heathrow Express have finally installed a National Rail ticket collection point at Heathrow T5 and T2/T3. It's on the platform level, so not (yet?) at the upstairs sales areas. The chief implication of this is that it makes it a lot easier to buy Heathrow tickets with railcard discounts via online sales channels. Paddington is already well served with these collection points.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Gold, Alitalia STE+
Appreciate this is a little rogue but I have an advance purchase Heathrow Express ticket for the 1st January that I can no longer use.

Does anybody want it?

I know it technically breaches the conditions of carriage but as it's non refundable I'm happy to give it away.

Has to be used on a service departing London Paddington on the 1st January.

Message me if you're interested!
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Even if your ticket was booked for one direction you can actually use them either way on the HEX as noted in the HEX website. So your ticket could be useful for anyone travelling in either direction that day.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:22 am

Deleted (replied to a year old post).
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:19 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Physci
Reminder that the MasterCard 12% discount runs until Jan 2016

https://www.priceless.com/en-gb/lond...-UK/offer.html
This offer is now valid until December 2016.

But of course if you can book 90, 30 or 14 days in advance you can get bigger discounts.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by dddc

But of course if you can book 90, 30 or 14 days in advance you can get bigger discounts.
For those tempted by the GBP 5.50 discounted tickets for Saturdays, remember that HEX runs a half-hourly service most Saturdays until the end of May (which, unless you time it properly, may mean that Piccadily line will be much faster).
Old Feb 28, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Are there any discount codes around (don't have a MasterCard)? Going to London next weekend and discovered there are engineering works on the Piccadilly line 😢

Last edited by MsCapricorn; Feb 28, 2016 at 12:00 pm
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
Are there any discount codes around (don't have a MasterCard)? Going to London weekend and discovered there are engineering works on the Piccadilly line 😢
I believe HEX now have some special weekend fares. They don't require a code and appear in the normal search for Saturday and Sunday journeys but must be purchased in advance
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by Gomac
I believe HEX now have some special weekend fares. They don't require a code and appear in the normal search for Saturday and Sunday journeys but must be purchased in advance
They have to be booked a minimum of 14 days in advance
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: BA silver,
Originally Posted by MsCapricorn
Are there any discount codes around (don't have a MasterCard)? Going to London weekend and discovered there are engineering works on the Piccadilly line 😢
Not sure which weekend you are travelling but this weekend's work on the Piccadilly line do not affect the Heathrow branch and as has been pointed elsewhere Hex is only every 30 mins on Saturdays until May I think because of Crossrail work .
Old Feb 28, 2016, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by rjhcambs
Not sure which weekend you are travelling but this weekend's work on the Piccadilly line do not affect the Heathrow branch and as has been pointed elsewhere Hex is only every 30 mins on Saturdays until May I think because of Crossrail work .
Next weekend there's no service between Northfields and Hammersmith. As a result HEX will operate every 15 mins
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Note that the Mastercard 12% discount is currently 'layering' with the reduced prices for the shift to the Connect rolling stock.

So if you look at buying a ticket for travel in - say - May, you can get a return for £24, single for £14. ^
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:37 am

MsCapricorn. There is always the option of bus to Feltham and normal train to Waterloo. Remember you need oyster or contactless bank card for the bus - no cash tickets. It feels like a faff but overall journey time isn't too bad if your destination is central.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 2:14 am

I booked a £17 ticket, unfortunately don't have a MasterCard.

I'm staying at the Mecure Paddington (Accor Happy Monday) so HEX is easiest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.