Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current Heathrow Express Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I'll stick to the Gold card, or in practice, the Piccadilly line. If they sold Railcard discounts on e-tickets that might just be enough to convince me to go HEX more.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by stifle
I'll stick to the Gold card, or in practice, the Piccadilly line. If they sold Railcard discounts on e-tickets that might just be enough to convince me to go HEX more.
You can book the Railcard discount on FGW's website and it's good for T+4 days for first use. So pickup in London on way out then have the return in hand for when you come back. That's what I do. Works alright. Still not as easy as full eticket though obviously.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 2:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
So, I am asking this on behalf of a friend. HEX tickets can be used in either direction regardless of which one was booked, and also can be used for 3 months after issue I believe. If my friend bought a one way ticket online and the guard looked at it, but did not scan it, would my friend be right in thinking that the ticket is still good for another HEX journey until it is scanned?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Well, it would be accepted, but it would also be defrauding the rail company.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
Well, it would be accepted, but it would also be defrauding the rail company.
Thanks, I got the second bit already.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA
So, I am asking this on behalf of a friend. HEX tickets can be used in either direction regardless of which one was booked, and also can be used for 3 months after issue I believe. If my friend bought a one way ticket online and the guard looked at it, but did not scan it, would my friend be right in thinking that the ticket is still good for another HEX journey until it is scanned?
I think one way tickets only have 3 days validity?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Ah, do they? I thought they were longer than that. I check the HEX website.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by KARFA
Ah, do they? I thought they were longer than that. I check the HEX website.
From my email confirmation (much obliged for highlighting the offer15 code, just used it)

VALIDITY FURTHER INFORMATION
Tickets are transferable and are valid in either direction of travel.

Single - One journey, valid for 3 months from travel date.
Return - Outbound journey valid for 3 months from travel date.
Return journey anytime within 1 month of outbound journey.
Carnet - 12 single journeys, valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Permanent lower APEX tickets coming..

One-way fares are being reduced by £6, or more than 25%, for those passengers who book online one week ahead. The return fare on the same terms is being cut by £5.
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articl...ts-prices.html
Old Oct 16, 2014, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Single tickets from HEX ticket offices are valid for 3 days. Longer validity applies to online tickets.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm travelling Gatwick - Victoria then Paddington - Heathrow this coming Saturday / Sunday - currently looking for any Heathrow / Gatwick promo codes for single journeys if such a thing exists. Single journey not the cheapest option but it's just the way the flights worked out. Alternatively, any advice re more cost effective routing would be appreciated.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:05 am

This is awesome.. thanks..need to definitely book this next time I hit London, last trip took about 3 R/T on the HEX to go to meetings as it was easier to stay out at the airport.

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Permanent lower APEX tickets coming..

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articl...ts-prices.html
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by mike&co
I'm travelling Gatwick - Victoria then Paddington - Heathrow this coming Saturday / Sunday - currently looking for any Heathrow / Gatwick promo codes for single journeys if such a thing exists. Single journey not the cheapest option but it's just the way the flights worked out. Alternatively, any advice re more cost effective routing would be appreciated.
Would it not be cheaper, quicker, and more convenient to get one of the National Express coaches between the two, unless there is a reason you need to go in to central London of course?
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by mike&co
Depending on how much baggage* you have in tow, and how much time you have, I would look at Thameslink rail to London Bridge and then Jubilee Line to Green Park and finally Piccadilly Line to Heathrow.

*Spouses and children included.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by continentalclub
Depending on how much baggage* you have in tow, and how much time you have, I would look at Thameslink rail to London Bridge and then Jubilee Line to Green Park and finally Piccadilly Line to Heathrow.

*Spouses and children included.
I think the number of Thameslink trains stopping at London Bridge has been reduced since early January whilst the work is ongoing there, so I am not sure if that is a good option atm.

http://www.thameslinkrailway.com/you...ink-programme/

From 5 January 2015 there will be a reduced off-peak service between Brighton and London Bridge with only a VERY limited service between these stations in the peak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.