Wiki Posts
Search

Champagne Smuggling in JFK Flounge?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:05 pm

Programs: MUCCI -- What else matters?
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Perrier Jouet isn't very nice.

I bought six bottles of the stuff over four years ago and still have one bottle left.
Hehehe, so you've been slowly forcing yourself to drink something that you don't particularly like? Awesome :-)
Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Habemuspapam
I was raised not to be a tattle-tale, (with exceptions, naturally,) but it's not my place to be more than a bemused witness in this instance.
So if you saw the same lady take someone's purse would you just sit there as a 'bemused witness'?

I know it's not the same level of magnitude, but the principle is the same. I guess I have a bit of an issue with totally selfish people like the person you describe. If no-one says anything then they will just continue to get away with it and think that it is perfectly acceptable, which it isn't.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:55 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

I was so desperate for printing and breakfast to appear...
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:14 am

Programs: Cunard WorldClub-Gold,Silverseas Venetian society,Alitalia Mille miglia,SPG,Fairmont,IHG.
When I worked for BA in lost and found,it never ceased to amaze me the stuff people would steal...not only blankets,pillows and cutlery, but we found a piece of hand luggage in F on the LOS, stuffed with the little film cartridges from the old cassette based IFE system! As far as I know the only place you could use them was onboard,so why steal them away??
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Bloody disgrace if you ask me, some people !!!!
I agree, disgraceful behaviour. It is theft, pure and simple.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:39 am
Suspended

Well listen to all you holier-than-thou sanctimonious people.

I TRIED to guest 2 friends in with me but the stupid person at the front wouldn't let me do that. I told her I fly with British Air at least twice a year and I was a very important customer but she wouldn't budge.

Given I took out the Chase card to get these miles with British Air so I could fly and then had to pay ridiculous surcharges which is just crazy I think I am allowed to steal a bottle of champagne and 2 glasses for my 2 friends in economy.

So there.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 3:53 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by StolenChampers
Well listen to all you holier-than-thou sanctimonious people.

I TRIED to guest 2 friends in with me but the stupid person at the front wouldn't let me do that. I told her I fly with British Air at least twice a year and I was a very important customer but she wouldn't budge.

Given I took out the Chase card to get these miles with British Air so I could fly and then had to pay ridiculous surcharges which is just crazy I think I am allowed to steal a bottle of champagne and 2 glasses for my 2 friends in economy.

So there.
And that made it all better, did it?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:02 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Club and Skywards
Originally Posted by roberino
And that made it all better, did it?
StolenChampers is just some sad person who has the time to set-up a fake user name. I very much doubt it is actually the person who took it.

Some people need to get a life
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Some people need to spot a neon-lit joke that's written in 40ft-high letters and placed on a fairly high building
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:12 am

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by GHJ74
StolenChampers is just some sad person who has the time to set-up a fake user name. I very much doubt it is actually the person who took it.

Indeed --- or, if they are unable to "get" one, they could simply steal one the next time they are visiting one of the lovely Galleries facilities scattered liberally around the globe
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:55 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Originally Posted by GHJ74

Haha. I got THAT, thanks! I was just making the point that stealing a bit of champagne still doesn't take away the feelings of rejection. They were probably sat on some synthetic four-seater in the lounge trying to sip champers without anyone in a uniform noticing. Sad really.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
I can't decide whether StolenChampers was suspended for creating a false FT ID, or for stealing the champagne.

At least I'll know never to pretend to be StolenKettleChips.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
I have to admit the odd packet of Kettle Chips has sometimes fallen into my Rimowa Not the enitre rack of them mind, just the odd packet, possible two. Still as a F passenger you have to have an option for when your first choice of meal isn't available. Mixed Fleet it seems don't know how to prioritise meals for Golds.

Still I was sat on the terrace of the CCR and noticed that little glass fire escape door to the right open, and through it comes a passenger. Now when on Galleries First terrace, I often wondered whether if I opened the glass fire escape door about one metre in height, could you walk along that narrow ledge and connect to the CCR?

Now that would be even more objectionable to me than pinching some fizz.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
I have to admit the odd packet of Kettle Chips has sometimes fallen into my Rimowa
I have to confess.....a slab of Walkers fruit cake accidentally fell into the Primark shopping bag I was carrying while I was in the F lounge.My hands were full at the time so I couldn't retrieve it. By the time I got back to the table I had forgotten all about it.
To my delight I came across it months later.....all squashed flat but it was still moist and tasted wonderful. ^
Old Dec 5, 2011, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I have to confess.....a slab of Walkers fruit cake accidentally fell into the Primark shopping bag I was carrying while I was in the F lounge.My hands were full at the time so I couldn't retrieve it. By the time I got back to the table I had forgotten all about it.
To my delight I came across it months later.....all squashed flat but it was still moist and tasted wonderful. ^
I would LOVE to walk into the F lounge looking like a tramp. It would p*** all over the TIWIET and DYKWIA and would make for fantastic entertainment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.