FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Champagne Smuggling in JFK Flounge? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1287603-champagne-smuggling-jfk-flounge.html)

Habemuspapam Dec 4, 2011 6:06 pm

Champagne Smuggling in JFK Flounge?

I just witnessed the most singularly bizarre thing I have ever seen in a lounge.

A woman carrying a large red purse just brazenly placed said purse on a table near the bar area, and deposited into it not only a bottle of Perrier Jouet, but also two champagne glasses, and then promptly departed the lounge.

And....as I type this....she has just now re-entered the lounge, with a clearly lighter purse.

Methinks there are some friends in the J lounge sipping on nicer champers at the moment. :D

5mSvGlow Dec 4, 2011 6:10 pm

Must be a massive purse!

Habemuspapam Dec 4, 2011 6:15 pm

The size of a large shopping bag.

cornishsimon Dec 4, 2011 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by Habemuspapam (Post 17566662)
I just witnessed the most singularly bizarre thing I have ever seen in a lounge.

A woman carrying a large red purse just brazenly placed said purse on a table near the bar area, and deposited into it not only a bottle of Perrier Jouet, but also two champagne glasses, and then promptly departed the lounge.

And....as I type this....she has just now re-entered the lounge, with a clearly lighter purse.

Methinks there are some friends in the J lounge sipping on nicer champers at the moment. :D

Bloody disgrace if you ask me, some people !!!! :mad:

cs

HIDDY Dec 4, 2011 6:26 pm

Perrier Jouet isn't very nice.

I bought six bottles of the stuff over four years ago and still have one bottle left.

Habemuspapam Dec 4, 2011 6:33 pm

Point conceded, HIDDY, but I presume it is better than what they have in the J lounge. Of course, for all I know it went into a friend's carry-on!

HIDDY Dec 4, 2011 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by Habemuspapam (Post 17566783)
Point conceded, HIDDY, but I presume it is better than what they have in the J lounge. Of course, for all I know it went into a friend's carry-on!

Indeed......It's just not cricket no matter what it is.

Keep an eye on her and if she starts stealing the potato croquets inform the lounge staff.

matthandy Dec 4, 2011 6:50 pm

Err, that's theft.

I'd report it to the lounge staff.

Habemuspapam Dec 4, 2011 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by matthandy (Post 17566860)
Err, that's theft.

I'd report it to the lounge staff.

I was raised not to be a tattle-tale, (with exceptions, naturally,) but it's not my place to be more than a bemused witness in this instance. Let's hope the offending party reads FT.....shame enough, I dare say! :D

Yahillwe Dec 4, 2011 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by Habemuspapam (Post 17566889)
I was raised not to be a tattle-tale, (with exceptions, naturally,) but it's not my place to be more than a bemused witness in this instance. Let's hope the offending party reads FT.....shame enough, I dare say! :D

If you are at JFK at the moment, come to the CCR. And I will guest you.

HIDDY Dec 4, 2011 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by Habemuspapam (Post 17566889)
Let's hope the offending party reads FT.....shame enough, I dare say! :D

That would be a laugh. :D

Mind you, if you do that sort of thing I guess you wouldn't be all that bothered seeing it posted on here.

KenJohn Dec 4, 2011 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Yahillwe (Post 17566915)
If you are at JFK at the moment, come to the CCR. And I will guest you.

I'm in the JFK Flounge waiting for the delayed 114

Yahillwe Dec 4, 2011 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by KenJohn (Post 17567048)
I'm in the JFK Flounge waiting for the delayed 114

It is only delayed for 15 minutes. If you'd like come here...

KenJohn Dec 4, 2011 7:32 pm

I am content with the PJ in the Flounge

Yahillwe Dec 4, 2011 7:41 pm

So you should introduce yourself to the OP.