Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: end of euro elite thresholds

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:46 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I re qualified for 2012 with the 800 tps for gold. I'm still debating if I will do 1 more year under the grandfather or just let it soft land to silver.
There are absolutely no benefits I see keeping gold over silver living in Europe (Poland)
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:56 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 5:09 am
Old Feb 19, 2012, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by angatol
Golds have access to redemptions that silvers don't have access to, which is definitely useful for shorthaul European trips.
Too bad EXP couldn't be like that.....
But at least we don't pay YQ on awards unless we're flying BA.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, BA Amex PP, SPG Gold
Question prior to 1st March

I apologise if this has already been covered here.

I've recently renewed as a UK domiciled Gold (membership year runs until March 2013) and I'm sitting at balance of 80 TPs. Looking at my travel plans for 2012, it is unlikely I will reach 1,500 TPs to renew UK Gold this year (after over 2,500 TPs last year!).

If I move to my EU address prior to 1st March 2012, will I lock in at the EU thresholds for 2 years or am I excluded as I was not an EU member when the changes were announced?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 27, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Apologies if this is covered somewhere on the previous 38 pages. I have just requalified for Euro Silver and, as expected, I have a 400 TP threshold to hit Silver next year.

However, my account is also showing the 800 TP threshold for earning Gold so it looks like the 2 year allowance would cover changing Tier level too. I'm sure earlier in the thread it was suggested that it was only a renewal at the same level that would benefit from the lower Tier thresholds.

Not that I'm ever going to make Gold!
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PaulN
Apologies if this is covered somewhere on the previous 38 pages. I have just requalified for Euro Silver and, as expected, I have a 400 TP threshold to hit Silver next year.

However, my account is also showing the 800 TP threshold for earning Gold so it looks like the 2 year allowance would cover changing Tier level too. I'm sure earlier in the thread it was suggested that it was only a renewal at the same level that would benefit from the lower Tier thresholds.

I would expect that to change after 1st March. Mine still shows as needing 55 TP's needed to make gold at 800. I have a 90TP flight tomorrow, which lands on the 29th, so hoping it all updates ok overnight going into the 1st
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by PaulN

As I called the Exec Hotline they told me, that I would still only need 800TP after the 1st March, but your membership year won't be 1year and you're not allowed to renew for 800TP.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
I would expect that to change after 1st March. Mine still shows as needing 55 TP's needed to make gold at 800. I have a 90TP flight tomorrow, which lands on the 29th, so hoping it all updates ok overnight going into the 1st
Otherwise just call the hotline. They'll make you gold, because your flight was before the 1st March. Not your fault, that their system is a bit slow.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:18 am

deleted- said elsewhere don't want to double post sorry

Last edited by joejet; Mar 1, 2012 at 11:29 am
Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:19 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Issues?

Hi,

I qualified/maintained my Silver status before March and before my membership end date. Today I noticed in my account instead of the 400 TP to maintain, I see I need 600 TP. {For Gold, seems like I need to new threshold}

Is this normal or just a bug?

Cheers!
Old Mar 1, 2012, 11:52 am

Think it's a bug. This morning I was told my 835 points qualified me for Gold (the points to push me into this posted today, from a flight I took in the 28th), but now it tells me I need 665 to reach Gold

Rang them up and they said they would sort it for me
Old Mar 2, 2012, 1:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I will start with an apology if this has been covered elsewhere!

I am based between DE and UK and am a self confessed Euro 'cheat'.

My membership year runs to July 8 this year and I hit Gold (800TPs) in December.

I am sat on 1420 TPs and have plenty of flights planned.
I was hopeful to get to 2000 TPs to get my GUFT before the end of my membership year.
On Weds my BAEC online account showed that I needed 580 TPs to get my GUFT and now ir shows 1080, is this correct?

I thought I retained the Euro Levels for 2 years?
Old Mar 2, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Thompst
I will start with an apology if this has been covered elsewhere!

I am based between DE and UK and am a self confessed Euro 'cheat'.

My membership year runs to July 8 this year and I hit Gold (800TPs) in December.

I am sat on 1420 TPs and have plenty of flights planned.
I was hopeful to get to 2000 TPs to get my GUFT before the end of my membership year.
On Weds my BAEC online account showed that I needed 580 TPs to get my GUFT and now ir shows 1080, is this correct?

I thought I retained the Euro Levels for 2 years?
You retain the Euro levels that you have already hit - not the ones your were striving for.

So you will be able to retain Gold at 800 TPs for next 2 years as you were already over that quota. However, as you never managed GUF2, you'll now need 2500 TPs to hit that level. (It's a bit like a person who was on Silver now seeing Gold is 1500 TPs - they never got it previously so now need the UK levels)

Hope that helps.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 3:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
The equal-and-opposite action to Eurocheating

A quick sanity check, if you please:

• I'm currently a (Euro-cheat) Silver. My BAEC year ends in the autumn.
  • I expect to reach 400 TPs in the summer, a month before my AMEX year-end date.
  • I was considering returning to the UK at this point so as to spend the few pounds required to trigger the 2-4-1 on my otherwise 'sleeping' credit card.

However, if I 'go back' to the UK after 400TPs, but before 600TPs, I won't be regarded as having achieved Silver already, will I? The goal will therefore extend, in much the same way as it immediately used to retract when moving to the Continent (which would only be fair).

It shouldn't be a problem as I expect to reach 600 TPs anyway and actually earn my status later in the year; however it's a bit tight and a couple of cancellations might mess things up, so I was hoping to build in a comfort zone.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by dark_horse
A quick sanity check, if you please:

However, if I 'go back' to the UK after 400TPs, but before 600TPs, I won't be regarded as having achieved Silver already, will I? The goal will therefore extend, in much the same way as it immediately used to retract when moving to the Continent (which would only be fair).
You will keep your silver until your membership year is up. If you don't reach 600 TPs by the membership year end, then you lose the silver card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.