FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Confirmed: end of euro elite thresholds (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1270352-confirmed-end-euro-elite-thresholds.html)

NickB Oct 18, 2011 7:37 am

Confirmed: end of euro elite thresholds

I just checked on the French version of ba.com and thresholds are now aligned across the world on UK thresholds.

redsox1918 Oct 18, 2011 8:03 am

Do you think those mid way thru a membership year will be expected to reach the tier level or will it kick in the following year when you enter a new membership year?

dobba Oct 18, 2011 8:06 am

Wot no more Euro cheating?

Good.

I hope BA have lots of staff lined up to process all of the address changes back to people's actual addresses in the UK.

irishguy28 Oct 18, 2011 8:07 am

Oh dear.

I was on the Dutch website earlier and nothing had changed.

but it's there now (in English)

HAM76 Oct 18, 2011 8:11 am

Same in Germany, only in English so far...

gordon0808 Oct 18, 2011 8:13 am

Why should any Euro based traveller choose BA now?
With the competition from the Gulf carriers and the increasing number of nonstop- intercontinental flights offered from reginal airports in Europe,I find this move very strange.

Hoch Oct 18, 2011 8:14 am

Not that I am a Euro cheat--shutter the thought--but given that a Euro has to travel to London
and then on to their final destination, this realignment looks harsh (and daft) to me.

H

Swanhunter Oct 18, 2011 8:15 am

Mixed emotions. Delighted to see the Euro-cheat loophole closed. Surprised that there is no differentiation in levels at all - I'd expected the gap to close to around 20%, and thus slightly sad for the Euro-reals that they are on the losing end.

mrmarf Oct 18, 2011 8:15 am

Great - just I was about to hit the magic 400 next Friday :rolleyes:

irishguy28 Oct 18, 2011 8:18 am

Originally Posted by mrmarf (Post 17293084)
Great - just I was about to hit the magic 400 next Friday :rolleyes:

Then congratulations, because you've made it.

You'll just have to work much harder next year, though!

Originally Posted by Executive Club website
As well as introducing our Bronze tier, and changes to how Tier Points are earned, in March 2012 we are aligning our tier thresholds around the world.

ColdWalker Oct 18, 2011 8:19 am

There is a little sweetener in there - "We will be increasing the number of Tier Points you can earn on longhaul flights, giving you the opportunity to earn more when you fly". As this change is happening in Nov and Euro land realligns in Nov, there seems to me to be a short window of additional opportunities!

HAM76 Oct 18, 2011 8:19 am

Originally Posted by gordon0808 (Post 17293072)

Can only talk about TATL routes, as that's what I fly mostly... CW is still one of the best (if not the best) hard product in J. London is en-route to the USA (as is AMS), but other hubs are North or South. The lounge offering is better than LHs and tickets are still cheaper.

Won't make gold again, but I don't see me switching to a different airline.

mrmarf Oct 18, 2011 8:19 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 17293100)
Then congratulations, because you've made it.

You'll just have to work much harder next year, though!

I have not got round to changing my address yet, so have missed out!

Globaliser Oct 18, 2011 8:19 am

Originally Posted by gordon0808 (Post 17293072)

You mean that all that was keeping such passengers with BA was a better label on the bottle of free champagne from which they were quaffing? And that makes all the difference between flying BA and not flying BA?

BA235 Oct 18, 2011 8:19 am

Hey-ho, it was good while it lasted.

BA intend to increase the number of tier points awarded on long haul flights so that may offset things to some degree. Let's wait and see.