Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: end of euro elite thresholds

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:24 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Great news about the extra TP's! ^^

I wonder what they are going to be increased to, given they already increased them during the 97% saga a couple of months ago.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by PanGalactic

I wonder what they are going to be increased to, given they already increased them during the 97% saga a couple of months ago.
I assume that reference is just a rehashing of the increase that came in on 16 November.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by PanGalactic

As stifle has pointed out, the "extra TPs" are the very ones that came into force back in November.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by irishguy28
As stifle has pointed out, the "extra TPs" are the very ones that came into force back in November.
Indeed. If they gave any more away you'd get Silver with 2 domestic flights.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 4:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Indeed. If they gave any more away you'd get Silver with 2 domestic flights.
Hmm, that's got me thinking. Could one purchase an entire row of seats and claim the Avios and TPs for each of them? In which case, maybe onecould earn Silver with 2 domestics. If the seats were for someone else then obviously not, but if I stretched out across really far...

(Or quite seriously - and at the risk of re-starting a lively topic and shooting wildly off-topic - what if I had a 'large waistline' and bought two seats in ET for comfort?)
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I have a colleague who is a UK bronze with 340 TPs. He is mobile, living part of the time in continental Europe and could genuinely become a Euro member. He is aware of the former Euro TP levels and didn't bother to change. Something to do with credit cards and supermarkets ...

I have told him that he couldn't become a Euro member and still qualify for the reduced levels coming into force. Is this correct? I would be delighted to bring him some good news if he could still become silver this month by changing address and earning 60 TPs.

Grateful for advice!
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
I have a question which I hope doesn't make me sound too greedy.

My membership year finished 8th November.

Assuming I hit Euro Gold before 01/03/12, is 09/11/12 - 08/11/13 counted as part of this year's qualification or is it the first of the 2 years? i.e. Do I get to renew for 800TP 2013-2014 and 2014-2015 or just 2012-2013 and 2013-2014?
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:26 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by Roger
I have a colleague who is a UK bronze with 340 TPs. He is mobile, living part of the time in continental Europe and could genuinely become a Euro member. He is aware of the former Euro TP levels and didn't bother to change. Something to do with credit cards and supermarkets ...

I have told him that he couldn't become a Euro member and still qualify for the reduced levels coming into force. Is this correct? I would be delighted to bring him some good news if he could still become silver this month by changing address and earning 60 TPs.

Grateful for advice!
Hi Roger, as long as he changes his address before 01/03/2012 and has 400TP in his account, he will become Silver and will be entitled to renew for two years at the lower threshold.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by dark_horse
Hmm, that's got me thinking. Could one purchase an entire row of seats and claim the Avios and TPs for each of them? In which case, maybe onecould earn Silver with 2 domestics. If the seats were for someone else then obviously not, but if I stretched out across really far...

(Or quite seriously - and at the risk of re-starting a lively topic and shooting wildly off-topic - what if I had a 'large waistline' and bought two seats in ET for comfort?)
No you can't. One seat per butt
Old Feb 9, 2012, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Originally Posted by driveswith
Hi Roger, as long as he changes his address before 01/03/2012 and has 400TP in his account, he will become Silver and will be entitled to renew for two years at the lower threshold.
Wow, thank you, especially for the quick response.

I'll let him know.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 6:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by stifle
No you can't. One seat per butt
Let's compromise. One seat per butt-cheek.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:46 am

Programs: DL Silver, BA Gold
Two Years Gold, then Back to Silver

The decision will be easy for me. I need to go from Berlin to the States four times/year. I have an Asian or Australian trip every other year, and a Latin American trip every third or fourth year. I also go to London 2-3 times, and I have other travel--I am in Brussels 3-4 times, Warsaw at least twice, etc., where BA is not an option. Across the Atlantic I am usually World Traveller Plus, while economy intra-European and intra-US.

Last year, I was BA silver and Delta Gold. This year, I concentrated on BA and am now BA gold. I miss Lufthansa status although I usually lose several thousand each year and have to fly some on them anyway. With the jump from silver to gold so steep as of 2013, I will probably go back to BA silver plus work for status on one of the other two networks. While Lufthansa would be more obvious, it only takes one inter-continental on AF to Los Angeles in their "economy plus" plus a few domestic flights on Delta to go up each level in their system.

I should add my employer doesn't care whom I fly with; the only restriction is that the purchased ticket does not say "business" on it (although the upgrade is no problem). The question is, which European hub do I want to use for the US travel? For the first 600 Avios points, it will be BA.

I should probably do some research on other Flyertalk boards once the two-year exemption on the new points requirements is done on which other network I should add. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 4:46 am

Apologies if this has already been covered, I'm currently Silver and a 'Euro Cheat' with 280 Tier Points. I won't hit 400 before March 1st but will before my Membership Year expires in June. Does quote below imply that as I'm currently Silver I'll still keep 400 tier point target or as I won't have 400 points on 1st March my target will rise to 600?

[QUOTE=irishguy28;17974197]
To help you to adapt to this change we are giving all Silver and Gold Members a two year period of grace. Members who hold Silver or Gold status on the 1 March 2012 will be able to renew their membership, for two membership years, at the current lower thresholds. [/

Cheers

Mark
Old Feb 16, 2012, 4:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by markhaines
Does quote below imply that as I'm currently Silver I'll still keep 400 tier point target or as I won't have 400 points on 1st March my target will rise to 600?
I'm fairly certain that, as you're already Silver, you'll be able to re-qualify in June at the rate of 400 TPs.

Oh, and of course, welcome to FT!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:01 am

Great, thanks for the clarification. And thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.