Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed: end of euro elite thresholds

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Slightly OT but.......

I was an Eurocheat and built up a number of Avios on my AmEx BA card.

Now that I have returned to the ways of righteousness, has anyone got any idea how I can persuade AmEx to release the miles back to my BA account?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Tafflyer
No, that is incorrect and has been covered in other threads.

If the OP year-end is January, his next two membership years would be January 2013 to January 2014 and January 2014 to January 2015.

So, with over 800TP annually the OP will be Gold until January 2016 with the last Euro-Gold requalification in January 2015.
Ummm... that's what I said - or at least what I meant. Clearly some are reading it differently. I was talking about the dates that the targets are set. So in Jan 2014 he gets set the target to requalify one least time at 800 points (by Jan 2015) leading to gold membership at that level until Jan 2016.

Oh, I'll get me coat! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old Jan 11, 2014, 11:30 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by NickB
It seems that what they meant was two renewals beyond the renewal for the year that has already started in March 2012. So, for you, the 2 iteration counter only started to tick when your new year started in Jan 13. So, Jan 14 was your first tick and Jan 15 will be your next and final tick.

I agree that this is not how I had read it either and was expecting the transition period to be a year shorter but the behaviour you have noticed in your account seems to me mirrored in everybody else's experience.
Thank you for a good explanation. Well, then I will carry on and focus on TP this year
Old Jan 11, 2014, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
No, that is incorrect and has been covered in other threads.

If the OP year-end is January, his next two membership years would be January 2013 to January 2014 and January 2014 to January 2015.

So, with over 800TP annually the OP will be Gold until January 2016 with the last Euro-Gold requalification in January 2015.
I think this is likely incorrect and it will be the year earlier scenario. BA has always associated your qualifying with your year end, not when during your qualifying year you crossed the threshold. So Jan 13 and Jan 14.

I have a Feb year end so the most at stake in this .

We will see in March.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
My year end is November, still showing 800 required.

Not sure why I've not "moved back" yet since I will go well over 3000 TP this year with my planned travel...
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:31 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by csdavidson
My year end is November, still showing 800 required.

Not sure why I've not "moved back" yet since I will go well over 3000 TP this year with my planned travel...
My year end is November too and it's already showing Gold status retained. (Until December 2015). I have the 800 TP but not yet 1500.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
I think this is likely incorrect and it will be the year earlier scenario. BA has always associated your qualifying with your year end, not when during your qualifying year you crossed the threshold. So Jan 13 and Jan 14.

I have a Feb year end so the most at stake in this .

We will see in March.
The language used was next two membership years. If you were part way through a membership year in March 2012, I understand the language to mean the next two full membership years and don't find it at all vague. But as you say, we'll see in March for sure.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:53 pm

The language used was next two membership years. If you were part way through a membership year in March 2012, I understand the language to mean the next two full membership years and don't find it at all vague. But as you say, we'll see in March for sure.
Yes but even so. My membership year begins early January. So in March 2012 I was in the "middle" of a current year. January 2013 I renewed at old level. January 2014 I renewed at old level. That is two years.

Now I can renew January 2015 at old level, surely that must be a third year?

Not that I complain, I'm just a bit confused as I wasn't prepared to hunt TP this year.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by Lobengula
Yes but even so. My membership year begins early January. So in March 2012 I was in the "middle" of a current year. January 2013 I renewed at old level. January 2014 I renewed at old level. That is two years.

Now I can renew January 2015 at old level, surely that must be a third year?

Not that I complain, I'm just a bit confused as I wasn't prepared to hunt TP this year.
Errrrm, no, I understand it differently. Your next two membership years, where you could requalify at the old levels were January 2013-2014 and January 2014-2015. Or, if you prefer it stated differently, you renew at the old levels for the current and next two year-ends, making three in total.

I wonder if a sharp fall in connecting passengers from Europe would make them reconsider the change.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:27 pm

I wonder if a sharp fall in connecting passengers from Europe would make them reconsider the change.
I don't think so, BA have probably done calculations. Personally, I will change to Emirates ARN-DXB-JNB when I'm no longer gold for my Africa travel.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 2:09 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
I am pondering the same thing... membership year ends on 08 Feb. 800 TP:s was required for Gold renewal on 08 Feb 2012, 2013, and 2014. Called the EC service centre to ask about Gold qualification limit on 09 Feb 2015 and they told it would be 1500.

Recently BAEC dropped the earnings from most economy AY ticket classes (apart from YBH) to 25% Avios and 50% on TP:s. Resulting only 60 TP for my monthly KUO-HEL-LHR-HEL-KUO trips, which used to be 120 TP:s earlier in booking class T. I calculated in the future 600 points for Silver would be possible but not 1500, and definitely not worthwhile Avioswise. I could also use BA for the HEL-LHR hops but then would have to book two itineraries with all the possible complications of tight overlays. Anyway I should have the BA Gold till 03/2015, Silver till 03/2016 (unless they require 4 true BA flights in addition to grant the soft landing), and lowly Bronze till 03/2017.

I will start collecting good old AY Plus points hereafter and get AY Gold card (eqv to BA silver, plus 4 EU biz upgrades) by next Xmas. Zero TP:s and Avios to my BAEC account from now on. The future holiday travel instead of BA 1st/Club will be in LH 1st/Biz resulting in senhood by next Oct. More pleasant ground experiences do not hurt either, there are no cigar rooms in the BA 1st lounges or CCRs and no limo transfers . LH EU Biz fares are very competitive ex Finland compared to even AY Y fares. One problem facing: how to use some half million Avios rationally, having seen the poor availability of Club/First redemptions. But no hard feelings after all - good so long it lasted.

Last edited by TTL; Jan 12, 2014 at 5:06 am
Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by TTL
I am pondering the same thing... membership year ends on 08 Feb. 800 TP:s was required for Gold renewal on 09 Feb 2012, 2013, and 2014. Called the EC service centre to ask about Cold qualification limit on 09 Feb 2015 and they told it would be 1500.
Actually, I don't think this is correct. I know there are varying interpretations here but to me it seems clear that you will only need 800TP in Feb 2015 but that will be the last time. You were Gold in March 2012 and so can retain at the lower levels for your next two membership years. In your case these are Feb 2013 to Feb 2014 then Feb 2014 to Feb 2015.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 3:20 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Actually, I don't think this is correct. I know there are varying interpretations here but to me it seems clear that you will only need 800TP in Feb 2015 but that will be the last time. You were Gold in March 2012 and so can retain at the lower levels for your next two membership years. In your case these are Feb 2013 to Feb 2014 then Feb 2014 to Feb 2015.
That would be a pleasant surprise. I will report back after 09. Feb. Consider postponing my AY switch one year later in that case (and go changing the FF number to all my reservations if needed). LH switch will remain, however.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by OPebble
I was an Eurocheat and built up a number of Avios on my AmEx BA card.

Now that I have returned to the ways of righteousness, has anyone got any idea how I can persuade AmEx to release the miles back to my BA account?
Give Amex a call and tell them that your BA miles don't seem to be transferring across - that's what I did and got sorted (twice...)
Old Jan 12, 2014, 4:52 am

Programs: Meh
My year end is May - so this means for May 2014-2015 my gold threshold is 1500?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.