Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Correct, the first one (G-RAES) is currently in Cardiff being fitted with the Thales system, NF, NW and NM plus larger TV screens in CW.
So one down, eight to go. Is there a website that shows when they are scheduled for the refit, also how long does it take to refit a plane ? Hopefully as BA is the official airline of the Olympics, they might try to get as many of the aircraft refitted before then.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I don't have the figures at hand but there are a lot more then 8 B777's to be fitted, from memory there is about 18.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC
Timeline of New F conversions at Cardiff

Here is a sneak preview of a new visualisation of when New F conversions (and other 777/747 maintenance) have taken place at Cardiff CWL:

ftdashboard.net/overview/cwltimeline.html

The graphics uses HTML5 canvas drawing and should therefore work with Firefox, Chrome and Safari. IE9 should be fine, too, while the interactivity with mouseovers may well be problematic for earlier IE versions.

This timeline page is not yet linked from the ftdashboard homepage nor navigation (but this will be done soon unless feedback suggests otherwise).
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
CIHY, have you any idea's on how long the 777 re-fit takes?
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
BA165

Any way I can find out whether BA165 LHR-TLV this morning (04/12) is operating with NF or not?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 6:33 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Excellent video presentation of the New First:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85KftuY8kxQ
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Excellent video presentation of the New First:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85KftuY8kxQ
They've missed out the Bus ride from A-10!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
They've missed out the Bus ride from A-10!
That part's filed under "Airside Tarmac Tours".

(I've just found out that the real one, sadly, no longer operates.)
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:37 am

Is there an official updated timetable when ALL planes will have NF?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 11:40 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Is there an official updated timetable when ALL planes will have NF?
No.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 2:08 pm

I'm planning to use a 2-4-1 voucher sometime next year May-Oct., I have a vague memory that May has been mentioned before?

Does anyone know which route the first 787s will be on?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
I'm planning to use a 2-4-1 voucher sometime next year May-Oct., I have a vague memory that May has been mentioned before?

Does anyone know which route the first 787s will be on?
In what context? There will still be planes in service with OF for some time to come. In particular for the older Mid J 747s it could be years.

Given that the initial 787 deliveries will be used to replace the LH 767s any route that currently uses them would be a reasonable bet but not until 2013 at the earliest. Note that these will not have First at all, though the possibility of 787-10s or maybe even 787-9s fitted with First later on hasn't been ruled out.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by marks7389
In what context? There will still be planes in service with OF for some time to come. In particular for the older Mid J 747s it could be years.

Given that the initial 787 deliveries will be used to replace the LH 767s any route that currently uses them would be a reasonable bet but not until 2013 at the earliest. Note that these will not have First at all, though the possibility of 787-10s or maybe even 787-9s fitted with First later on hasn't been ruled out.
Haven't really decided where, was thinking about CPT, JNB, HKG, HND/NRT, GIG or GRU failing that at least a destination from LHR so I we can use the Concorde room
Old Dec 9, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite, Avis President's Club
I sent a letter voicing my concern over lack of re-fits and potential non-refits a couple of weeks ago to BA - Got a very standard response that I then further challenged them about (as they didnt answer ONE of my queries!), this was the second response to my questioning whether ALL 747s would be re-fitted:

Dear Mr Wishbone,

Thank you for coming back to us about condition of our aircrafts and the planned upgrade to our fleet.
For our part in customer relations, I want to reassure you that we do carefully log every customer complaint and comment we receive. All of the information we get from you is valuable to us, as we meet with our Board every month to share our customers’ views with them. This means we can invest in and improve the areas that matter most to our customers.
In our first response we did advise of our planned upgrades and new aircrafts. I have again spoken with the Operations team who have advised that all aircrafts will be fitted with the new First cabin. We plan to have all of our new 747's in service by March 2012 and all 777's by March 2013. Once again, I would like to apologise for any discomfort on your recent flights.
We are genuinely grateful for the time you have taken to explain your concerns. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to respond. Your business as a Gold Executive Club member is invaluable to us and we do appreciate that you have a choice when you book your flights.
Best regards
Michael Tate
British Airways Customer Relations
Old Dec 9, 2011, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Haven't really decided where, was thinking about CPT, JNB, HKG, HND/NRT, GIG or GRU failing that at least a destination from LHR so I we can use the Concorde room
Make sure it's not BKK, SIN, SYD or any codeshare flight operated by QF to HKG or MEL, which all depart from T3 (and hence no Concorde Room).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.