Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 3:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by andset1191
747 seatmap discrepancy.

on my outbound LHR - YYZ, there are galleys shown at the rear of the cabin.
on my return YYZ - LHR, there are NO galleys shown at the rear of the cabin.

Therefore,
Since my outbound is a 52J config, could the galleys actually means 52J.
Since my return is a 70J config, could the lack of galleys mean 70J.

Or does this have other significance?
On my BA 287 the seat map changed 2 times. Initial it had wardrobe and galleys/WC. Then around 4 days before the flight the galleys/WC disapppeared. And at T-72 the wardrobe disappeared too. Only 5K is open and does not show a cot. The SFO flights have been mostly mid-J recently.
Old May 14, 2011, 3:38 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Apologies if this has been reported before but this thread now has over 1000 posts.

I noticed on EF on the seat maps page, not the flight listings page, that some BA flights post with aircraft designators of 77N and 47A instead of us the usual 777 and 747 designators. I have also seen a 74C & 77F (which has only 3A showing in that row) as well so not sure on that one. Could some of these be new F indicator?
Old May 14, 2011, 6:59 am

Found this

I spotted that a couple of days ago

found the following info out, a bit out of date in terms of config - but help identify NF 777

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/3597741/
Old May 14, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by Moomba
Apologies if this has been reported before but this thread now has over 1000 posts.

I noticed on EF on the seat maps page, not the flight listings page, that some BA flights post with aircraft designators of 77N and 47A instead of us the usual 777 and 747 designators. I have also seen a 74C & 77F (which has only 3A showing in that row) as well so not sure on that one. Could some of these be new F indicator?
I have a feeling that is for crew purposes to identify the cabin layout/class structure in advance. May be wrong but I am sure I saw something recently to that effect.
Old May 14, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, FB Petroleum Club, HH Gold, A-Club Platinum
Originally Posted by linenbasket
MMB on ba.com
Was no cot showing on seat map at all until t-80, then it appeared by row 5, and the wardrobe which had previously been between 1a/k vanished

EDIT:

Just spoke to You First, and they told me its not the new cabin on my flight... although mmb seatmap still shows the cot by row 5, and Expertflyer is showing my flights config as 14F/70J/30W/177Y hi-J config (which as per earlier in this thread, all 8/8 of that config have been converted to NF)

Maybe You First are fed up with people asking so just give a random answer now...
Was a NF or OF?
Old May 15, 2011, 3:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The official, unofficial PRIME update, 05 May 2011

The latest on the PRIME update as passed along to me today by the ever helpful CIHY...

Boeing 747-436 (24)
G-BNLE, G-BNLK, G-BNLN, G-BNLO, G-BNLP, G-BNLT, G-BNLV, G-BYGA, G-BYGB, G-BYGC, G-BYGE, G-BYGF, G-BYGG, G-CIVD, G-CIVE, G-CIVF, G-CIVG, G-CIVH, G-CIVI, G-CIVK, G-CIVM, G-CIVN, G-CIVO, G-CIVT

Boeing 777-236 (5)
G-VIIU, G-VIIV, G-VIIW, G-VIIX, G-VIIY

Boeing 777-236ER (7)
G-YMMG, G-YMMH, G-YMMJ, G-YMMK, G-YMML, G-YMMN, G-YMMP

Boeing 777-336ER (3)
G-STBA, G-STBB, G-STBC
Old May 15, 2011, 4:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Gshumway
On my BA 287 the seat map changed 2 times. Initial it had wardrobe and galleys/WC. Then around 4 days before the flight the galleys/WC disapppeared. And at T-72 the wardrobe disappeared too. Only 5K is open and does not show a cot. The SFO flights have been mostly mid-J recently.
And today at check-in the COT showed up at the only open seat .. 5K.
Old May 15, 2011, 5:08 am

NF or OF for LAS????

What does everyone think? or will it just be pot luck depending on the day?? I guess, seeing as its a 52 J service, its less likely to regularly have NF.
Old May 15, 2011, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Flying LGW-BGI in July, any chance of new first, or are the 777s at Gatwick being done last as with new Club World, cheers for any info.
Old May 15, 2011, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Platinum Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by philm11
Flying LGW-BGI in July, any chance of new first, or are the 777s at Gatwick being done last as with new Club World, cheers for any info.
Doesn't look like any of the 777's at LGW have NF.
You can check which aircraft have been operating this route here http://www.thebasource.com/routetracker.html
and then cross check the configuration here http://www.thebasource.com/boeing777-200.html
Old May 15, 2011, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
The latest on the PRIME update as passed along to me today by the ever helpful CIHY...

Boeing 747-436 (24)
G-BNLE, G-BNLK, G-BNLN, G-BNLO, G-BNLP, G-BNLT, G-BNLV, G-BYGA, G-BYGB, G-BYGC, G-BYGE, G-BYGF, G-BYGG, G-CIVD, G-CIVE, G-CIVF, G-CIVG, G-CIVH, G-CIVI, G-CIVK, G-CIVM, G-CIVN, G-CIVO, G-CIVT
How does that fit in with the first post? I find some on this list, that are not on the list in the first post (presumably newly converted), however, there are also some in the first post that are not on this list?
Old May 15, 2011, 1:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by MarioRossi
How does that fit in with the first post? I find some on this list, that are not on the list in the first post (presumably newly converted), however, there are also some in the first post that are not on this list?
I note the first post of this thread was last updated on 10 April; the list I posted this morning is BA's official list of aircraft that have received the PRIME cabin upgrade and are back in service as of 05 May.
Old May 15, 2011, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Just a bit of optimism for you....

After being assured yesterday by YouFirst that our DFW-LHR flight tonight would, regrettably, be old first....our beautiful 744 aircraft just pulled up to the gate with every third window in front blocked out.

Yeah!!!
Old May 16, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by andset1191
747 seatmap discrepancy.

on my outbound LHR - YYZ, there are galleys shown at the rear of the cabin.
on my return YYZ - LHR, there are NO galleys shown at the rear of the cabin.

Therefore,
Since my outbound is a 52J config, could the galleys actually means 52J.
Since my return is a 70J config, could the lack of galleys mean 70J.

Or does this have other significance?
I just logged into MMB which now shows my upcoming LHR-YYZ-LHR as a 777 !?!, but the timetable tool on BA.com still shows a 747 (which is what I expected).

I'm guessing its the BA.com gremlins at work......
Old May 16, 2011, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
NF on BA165 LHR-TLV yesterday morning.

Lovely quiet cabin! (lovely for me, not for BA of course...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.