Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
BA57 to JNB saturday ; old F I am told;
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:16 am

Programs: BA Gold card member
Question

My wife and I are travelling to LA on the 1st February and was wondering if NF is likely to be on the flight. Logic tells me its a premium route with the movie industry - but then BA isn't always logical. Fortunately I got the tickest at a reasonable price - not the £10K return it is today on a fully flexible ticket. If I paid the full price and got old "F" - I'd be as gloomy as could be. Any ideas from anyone??
Come to think of it - I'll still be gloomy with Old "F".
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by simonsmith
BA57 to JNB saturday ; old F I am told;
I don't think they'd know yet / be certain

three days away and rotations could easily change
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by clivedrake
My wife and I are travelling to LA on the 1st February and was wondering if NF is likely to be on the flight. Logic tells me its a premium route with the movie industry - but then BA isn't always logical. Fortunately I got the tickest at a reasonable price - not the £10K return it is today on a fully flexible ticket. If I paid the full price and got old "F" - I'd be as gloomy as could be. Any ideas from anyone??
Recently got back from LA and it was old F - but you've gor around a 30% chance I reckon but you should look at the database

BTW - welcome to FT clivedrake!!!!^
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Gold card member
OK.. thanks for that. I am encouraged. new boy here - how do i chck the data base.
By the way - is there any explanation from anyone - why BA dont buy the new 747-800 series, its 20% more fuel efficient than the 400. They seem to be holding out for the 787 - it will be a decade until they see that one - and it has a lower seating capacity. The "8" is available NOW !
Old Jan 6, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: BAEC
how do i chck the data base.
I guess terminalfive means ftdashboard.net/overview/baflights.htm or ftdashboard.net/fleet/b744.htm or ftdashboard.net/dest/lax.htm

Not a hugely positive outlook for NF and LAX...
Old Jan 6, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
My question is - when NF comes to the Z* aircraft, will it mean increasing the number of WTP seats on these aircraft and ripping out all the J seats to shuffle them up further towards door 2?
Highly unlikely if it means moving toilets and galleys. Even if it's possible the cost would be prohibitive given the age of the aircraft.

More likely:

*They retain 17 seats in NF;
*The forward cabin is partitioned with fewer F seats and an extra row of J seats behind (possibly moved from further back to allow extra W seats);
*The aircraft are reconfigured as 3 class (no F).

In all likelihood we won't know until the first one comes back, but my money would be on the first one as the simplest solution. There may be some benefit in having the flexibility to accomodate more F passengers by switching these aircraft onto suitable routes as required.

Last edited by marks7389; Jan 6, 2011 at 11:16 am
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Originally Posted by terminalfive
I don't think they'd know yet / be certain

three days away and rotations could easily change
They seemed very sure and also said the 55 was NF
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
By the way - is there any explanation from anyone - why BA dont buy the new 747-800 series, its 20% more fuel efficient than the 400. They seem to be holding out for the 787 - it will be a decade until they see that one - and it has a lower seating capacity. The "8" is available NOW !
I thought the 747-8 was not yet available, and in fact there were some delays announced for the 747-8F (freighter), and worse yet, not enough orders for the passenger version to know if it would be produced.

Perhaps you've heard more recent news, clivedrake? And, welcome to FT!

Last edited by anabolism; Jan 6, 2011 at 12:08 pm
Old Jan 6, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by ftdashboard
I guess terminalfive means ftdashboard.net/overview/baflights.htm or ftdashboard.net/fleet/b744.htm or ftdashboard.net/dest/lax.htm

I'll be in F on BA 269 LHR-LAX at the start of March. ftdashboard.net/overview/baflights.htm gives this a 7% chance of NF, but says it's based on data from September. Has anything changed much since then to alter the odds?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC
Have you considered they might not want planes with such a large seating capacity aswel
Old Jan 6, 2011, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by ftdashboard

Thats exactly what I meant
Thanks ftdashboard ^
Old Jan 6, 2011, 1:32 pm

If one plane goes tech. or if there are a couple of delays schedules change -> but sure for now looks like no luck
Old Jan 6, 2011, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Who is 'they'? YouFirst tells me that they only know the specific aircraft between 24 and 48hrs in advance. My flight to JNB was not know until T-24 on the dot. Neither flight (55/57) operated by a NF aircraft by the way. The 57 is a low J so chances are very slim.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby
Who is 'they'? YouFirst tells me that they only know the specific aircraft between 24 and 48hrs in advance. My flight to JNB was not know until T-24 on the dot. Neither flight (55/57) operated by a NF aircraft by the way. The 57 is a low J so chances are very slim.
Ditto
I was told 24 hours

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.