Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by mikey2124
henkybaby- I just had a look on Expert Flyer and it said that 1AK and 2AK are vacant and it is a Hi-J 744 so I would move to that if I was you. Hopefully you will get NF- what a way to start 2011!
YF is calling me this afternoon to tell me if it will be NF. If it is, I will change. The only thing I don't like is the 6AM arrival time of the 55.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 3:59 am

Programs: SK*G, FB Plat, BA-GGL
I have followed this thread a little bit, but it has grown to an extent where you can't read through again.

Flying First to SYD with BA009 and BA010. It's too early to tell if it is NF of course. But are the same seats recommended for single travel in NF?

I have reserved 2A, and hoping for 1A at T-24. Should I change if it turns out to be a NF flight?
Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fnate
I have reserved 2A, and hoping for 1A at T-24. Should I change if it turns out to be a NF flight?
Apart from the 'stick to 2A, it is the best seat in the house for F when traveling solo!' you should stick to your plan.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:17 am

Programs: SK*G, FB Plat, BA-GGL
Originally Posted by henkybaby
Apart from the 'stick to 2A, it is the best seat in the house for F when traveling solo!' you should stick to your plan.
Thanks henkybaby. Have a nice trip to JNB.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
HB, I hope you get the NF, first you can experience it first hand (yes, vs second hand ) but mainly you might be able to tell me why is that stupid light so far from the seat and NON movable. When one wants to read when the cabin is dark and doesn't want to disturb the rest, this light is far from the seat and useless.

Have a wonderful flight and time.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
YW. Bear in mind that my pics were old First but I believe the principle remains the same.
Yes, the same in NF. There was a couple on my flight in the first two middle seats making disgusting lovey dubby sounds most of the flight. All that cooing and nonsense.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 6:23 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
2A is fine if you are Left Handed..But 2K is better for Right Handed People, also you get a better view usually of Sydney Harbour on the Right Side. YMMV
Old Dec 30, 2010, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UncleDude
2A is fine if you are Left Handed..But 2K is better for Right Handed People
I have seen that mentioned before, solely based on sipping champagne, I believe. However I find that I prefer to have my 'skilled hand' on the isle side since this is where you reach for stuff and so on. Not sure how to explain it. I can drink with two hands you see.

Also, if you sleep on your side (like I do) you often have a preferred side. I always sleep on my left side, so I like to turn my face to the windows. 2A it is.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 6:33 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
I can drink with two hands you see.
Also known as alco-dexterity.

bjorns
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
YF is calling me this afternoon to tell me if it will be NF. If it is, I will change. The only thing I don't like is the 6AM arrival time of the 55.
That would be quite annoying- I can barely wake up when I cross the pond and land into LGW at 8AM, CW just makes it even more difficult! Are you going to JNB on business or for pleasure? An early arrival would mean a full day in the sun if it is the latter option!
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That would be quite annoying- I can barely wake up when I cross the pond and land into LGW at 8AM, CW just makes it even more difficult! Are you going to JNB on business or for pleasure? An early arrival would mean a full day in the sun if it is the latter option!
Holiday. We have rooms at the Airport IC and I am Plat Ambassador so I expect they will let us check in early. I will call to be sure. Rooms aplenty, so... Unfortunately the weather will be wet on the second.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 6:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Holiday. We have rooms at the Airport IC and I am Plat Ambassador so I expect they will let us check in early. I will call to be sure. Rooms aplenty, so... Unfortunately the weather will be wet on the second.
That should be fine! That's a shame, you never know, the weather may change! Just think of the rest of us freezing in the UK- not having a hot holiday until May! Did you get a call back from You First telling you if your jumbo has NF?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you get a call back from You First telling you if your jumbo has NF?
They still don't know... Anywhere between 24 and 48 hrs they know apparently. I do know that the 57 definitely does not have it. Hope I find out before the others in the cabin steal 1A/K.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by marks7389
suggests G-BYGB upgraded, not G-BNLS.
http://ftdashboard.net now up to date to 30 December, with G-BYGB (and G-BNLV) but not G-BNLS highlighted as NF.

As to henkybaby's travels, the thumbnail charts on ftdashboard.net/overview/baflights.htm illustrate how BA55, on average, has indeed become a safer NF bet than BA57.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately neither of the flights has NF tomorrow. Guess we will be roughing it in Old F.

Too bad since I brought all my nice camera stuff for the safari anyways...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.