Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by terminalfive
LAX % aren't looking too good - I'm crossing my fingers...
Obviously you can only guess, however what would you say the likelyhood(in %) of getting NF on this Route in August is?

It is our First F, and the NF looks well suited to my tastes
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:41 pm

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Obviously you can only guess, however what would you say the likelyhood(in %) of getting NF on this Route in August is?

It is our First F, and the NF looks well suited to my tastes
At the moment you've got around a 10/20% chance

By August my guess is that you will be closer to 50%
Old Dec 13, 2010, 3:50 pm

At the moment you've got around a 10/20% chance

By August my guess is that you will be closer to 50%
Thanks, i was hoping it would be greater than that. I would have assumed LAX would have been a priority route for this product, although of course i am sure they have their reasoning. Do you know if there is much of a difference in terms of likelyhood with the SFO route?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by pazza2000
Thanks, i was hoping it would be greater than that. I would have assumed LAX would have been a priority route for this product, although of course i am sure they have their reasoning. Do you know if there is much of a difference in terms of likelyhood with the SFO route?
I have no idea how they decide the rotations but the prime "NF" routes aren't the 744 routes anyway as you have a better chance on the 4 class 777 routes ex LHR (eg ORD..)

Between LAX and SFO based on history so far its a coin toss

The only route that appears to me to have a greater % of NF on their 744 services is JFK..

In the end though all of this is a guess -> no way of being sure unless you book a route with a "guarenteed" 773 service
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Silver - QF Lifetime Silver
www.thebasource.com reporting G-BNLT back from CWL with NF.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
I have no idea how they decide the rotations but the prime "NF" routes aren't the 744 routes anyway as you have a better chance on the 4 class 777 routes ex LHR (eg ORD..)

Between LAX and SFO based on history so far its a coin toss

The only route that appears to me to have a greater % of NF on their 744 services is JFK..

In the end though all of this is a guess -> no way of being sure unless you book a route with a "guarenteed" 773 service
As it currently stands the focus appears to have been on fitting Hi-J configured aircraft. As I've said previously that is likely to be deliberate; those aircraft are used primarily on 747 routes that have a higher proportion of premium (i.e. first/business) traffic and where, consequently, the competition for that premium traffic is likely to be greater.

Unfortunately the LAX routes tend to use Mid-J aircraft so the chances as they currently stand are lower. I can guess that route attracts a higher proportion of leisure/economy traffic than routes such as New York or Singapore where Hi-Js are predominantly used.

So far there only one or two Mid-Js that have been upgraded (depending on what you believe), the rest are all Hi-Js.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:44 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
SFO or ORD

Can anyone report on SFO or ORD to LHR, and also possibly LHR to BOM or DEL to LHR?

I'm trying to book some tickets, would prefer NF.

Compared to OLD first, is the NEW CLUB better?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 2:47 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Can anyone report on SFO or ORD to LHR, and also possibly LHR to BOM or DEL to LHR?

I'm trying to book some tickets, would prefer NF.

Compared to OLD first, is the NEW CLUB better?
no.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by andset1191
no.
I'd add "way" - no way
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:30 pm

so

So, better to just book F regardless of new vs. old, over the new club. I mean, the new club seats, entertainmen, etc look pretty nice. We are talking about the same level, just ONE below F, right?

I guess, scanning some of the stats work that someone did, looks like ORD to LHR is about 80% new F on some flights, and 65% on others - and that was up till July, so a January-February next year might be even higher chances.

Looks like SFO to LHR isn't as lucky.

But there is LOTS of availability at the moment, wonder why
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
F is F and NF is just a little nicer than regular F.

CW is ok too, but no F. There is no old or new CW (technically there is some on 767s, but those are very rare). 777 routes have a higher chance on NF.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by henkybaby
777 routes have a higher chance on NF.
Not necessarily. It depends on the configuration of the aircraft predominantly used on the routes you are looking at.

E.g. for the longer 777 sectors with First, only one out of nine aircraft used on those routes have been upgraded, whereas a much higher proportion of Hi-J 747s have been upgraded.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 4:46 pm

So, better to just book F regardless of new vs. old, over the new club. I mean, the new club seats, entertainmen, etc look pretty nice. We are talking about the same level, just ONE below F, right?

I guess, scanning some of the stats work that someone did, looks like ORD to LHR is about 80% new F on some flights, and 65% on others - and that was up till July, so a January-February next year might be even higher chances.
Yes, Club is one below First.

Any flights operated by one of BA's three new 777-300s will have New First. At present one of the rotations to ORD (BA294/295) is often operated with one of those aircraft, but even that is not guaranteed. The fact that there are only 3 aircraft means equipment changes are inevitable any time any one of them is undergoing maintenance as was the case recently.

Your % figures above are somewhat overstated - in July only a handful of aircraft had been upgraded and the first 773 didn't come into service until the end of August. But you're right to say that the chances are increasing, at least for the 747s at the moment.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 5:47 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT

Looks like SFO to LHR isn't as lucky.

But there is LOTS of availability at the moment, wonder why
I think the best way to approach this is to expect the "old" F and be pleasantly surprise by new F. I would also add that for BA F main issues are more with the food than the seat IMO.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 6:00 pm

plan

Originally Posted by david-alexis
I think the best way to approach this is to expect the "old" F and be pleasantly surprise by new F. I would also add that for BA F main issues are more with the food than the seat IMO.
yeah, that sounds like a plan, and the SERVICE hopefully, and the lounges in LHR, we'll be there nearly 10 hours.

My PIL are taking us to India, and I'm providing the flights. So, this latest plan coming together to book AWARDS on BA has made it a LOT cheaper for me compared to bout 20K on UA/LH etc. I haven't flown BA in about 10 years literally (used to do europe or london to new york a COUPLE TIMES A WEEK) so I don't really know their product anymore either in the air or on the ground.

I'll have to brush up on the TTD in london when flying F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.