Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Two 747s landed in JHB this morning. One is NF and one is OF. Does anyone know which one will operate as BA54 this evening and which one will operate as BA56?
More likely to have been JNB than JHB.

BA55 was operated by G-CIVV (70J OF) (according to flight24.com), so this will probably operate BA56 tonight.

BA57 was operated by G-CIVI (70J NF) so this will probably operate BA54 tonight.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 7:16 am

Programs: VS Silver, BA Blue - finally; but hotels.com Gold :)
According to ftdashboard (my cursory review of the last couple of weeks), BA55 generally returns as BA56.
I'm sure various exceptions can occur on any given night, so its a case of being 90% sure.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 8:34 am

BA to Offer New First Class Cabin on All Flights from Australia

All British Airways aircraft flying from Australia are to feature the airlines new First Class cabin by March 2012.

The airline is now finalising installation of the new First Class cabins on its fleet of Boeing 747-400s, which will become BAs dedicated aircraft type in this market. The new cabin is already offered on the Boeing 777 fleet.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: BAEC
Speculation is still rife that around 25% of the 744 fleet will never get refitted with NF, so if a NF 744 that was dedicated to fly the kangaroo route went tech, some F passengers could be in for a nasty surprise.

From the sound of it it's pot luck with regards to the condition of the cabin if you have to slum it in OF. You could end up on one thats had a good fettle and looks gleeming or one that would give a run down sink estate a run for it's money.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 4:54 pm

777 14 F guaranteed old F?

It seems to me that all 772s with 12/13F are converted to new F, all 773s with 14 F are all NF and that all 772s with 14F are OF. Could anyone just clarify please whether this is in fact the case?

It seems as though the only thing that is not guaranteed is the IFE on the 14F 772s.

Thanks.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 4:56 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Deleted

Last edited by FlyerTalker6245; Oct 12, 2011 at 12:50 am Reason: wrong!
Old Oct 6, 2011, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by andset1191
When a 14F 777 is converted to NF, it drops to 13F seats (G-VIIU, G-VIIV, G-VIIW, G-VIIX, and G-VIIY).
The rest of the 777s with 14F seats are also those with the old AVOD, so will be last to be converted and will received new WT, WTP and F and THALES entertainment system.
Right I see....thanks for the info. So 14F = OF basically (unless its a 773)
Old Oct 6, 2011, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
G-VIIU has 14 F seats an is equipped with NF.

See my TR.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 12:27 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Wink

There are a number of 777-200s with new F and 14 seats, only the long range YMMx planes have been reduced to 12 seats, due to the crew rests

Look at FT Dashboard and the NF tracking thread on here for more details

If there are 17 F seats in the cabin, you are currently guranteed OF

Last edited by Cap'n Benj; Oct 7, 2011 at 1:16 am
Old Oct 7, 2011, 12:38 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
I thought I was doing ok when I saw 12F on my flight back from ORD, then 2 weeks after booking the seat map changed to 14F.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The chances of getting NF when there is a configuration of 14 are fairly low as there are only 5 of these aircraft fitted with NF.
It is not true that when fitted with NF that there are only 13 seats as they still have 14.
The aircraft that were previously fitted with 13 seats now have 12 seats and are guaranteed NF.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Two 747s landed in JHB this morning. One is NF and one is OF. Does anyone know which one will operate as BA54 this evening and which one will operate as BA56?
Originally Posted by Globaliser
BA55 was operated by G-CIVV (70J OF) (according to flight24.com), so this will probably operate BA56 tonight.

BA57 was operated by G-CIVI (70J NF) so this will probably operate BA54 tonight.
The usual pattern prevailed last night.

G-CIVV operated BA56, and G-CIVI operated BA54.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:43 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I seem to have developed an un-healthy obsession with checking FT Dashboard with my first BA F trip approaching in just over two weeks (BOS-LHR-AUH/DXB-LHR-ATL).

I figure every plane fitted with NF by then or any plane with OF not in service increases my chances of NF by some tiny amount, the latest news being the return to service of G-CIVR, which FT Dashboard shows as still OF, but that may be to a lack of confirmation it received NF. Its first flight was to JFK, which is one of the destinations that sees almost all NF, so is it confirmed yet what G-CIVR is fitted with since its return to service?
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:24 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Beckles
... return to service of G-CIVR, which FT Dashboard shows as still OF, but that may be to a lack of confirmation it received NF. Its first flight was to JFK, which is one of the destinations that sees almost all NF, so is it confirmed yet what G-CIVR is fitted with since its return to service?
True, FT Dashboard takes a careful approach and only shows NF when either BA Source or observations on this FT thread confirm the availability of NF.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 4:04 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Beckles
I seem to have developed an un-healthy obsession with checking FT Dashboard with my first BA F trip approaching in just over two weeks (BOS-LHR-AUH/DXB-LHR-ATL).

I figure every plane fitted with NF by then or any plane with OF not in service increases my chances of NF by some tiny amount, the latest news being the return to service of G-CIVR, which FT Dashboard shows as still OF, but that may be to a lack of confirmation it received NF. Its first flight was to JFK, which is one of the destinations that sees almost all NF, so is it confirmed yet what G-CIVR is fitted with since its return to service?
I'v just checked up on it and the information that I can see is quite sketchy and is different to other aircraft that have NF, but as far as I can see NF has been installed on IVR, but as I said it's displayed differently from what I have seen before, so not sure why this is.
If I see it around LHR next week I'll confirm.

HE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.