Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Globaliser
The latest version (2010) of the First cabin (termed "Prime" internally by British Airways, or "New First") is available on all 4-class 777s and all 747s.

An newer evolution (2013) of the First seat (Prime+) is found on all A380s, and a newer version still (2015) is available on all 787-9s.

The older version of the First cabin (termed "Classic" internally by British Airways, or "Old First") has now been withdrawn.

747 information updated to 31 March 2016. Last change: withdrawal of G-BNLF, the last OF aircraft
Print Wikipost

Tracking NF [New First]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 4:14 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite, Avis President's Club
Just to let you all know that I wrtoe to BA again after the last reply to put a small wager on thier claim! I offered to buy everyone in the department a beer if they completed by March 2012 (averaging 1.4 refits a week!), they would have to give me a free First Class return.

I did get a reply and unfortunately they wont take me up on my offer... which says a lot!
Old Dec 14, 2011, 5:11 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
Originally Posted by manymanymiles
LAX -> LHR return last week, finally both legs NF. Nice

This is the first time for me, different config to my previous flights with CW and not WT+ in B zone.
That's the crux: WT+ in 'B zone' = 'mid J' or '52J'. These are the older aircraft that BA is dragging its feet over. Of the 744s converted, there is a large proportion of High J (70J) configs, therefore better chance of getting NF on a route served by high J.
Old Dec 14, 2011, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I agree that I don't see how BA can possibly come close to the promised schedule. Nevertheless, at the risk of seeming naive (or the reality of being naive), isn't this letter very good news? I haven't read through this entire thread, but this seems to be a clear statement from a BA rep that in fact the full conversion is taking place, contrary to what many of us here have assumed.
I guess I take the cynical view that if the information is obviously not credible in terms of the completion schedule you have to question whether the promise of fitting out all 747s is likewise false.

The assumption to the contrary is based on some hard facts:

*To date none of the older Mid-Js (up to and including G-CIVC, with the exception of those that have returned from storage in California) have been refreshed, despite several trips to CWL in the past 18 months and some extended stays;
*During that time most of the newer Mid-Js (except G-CIVL and G-CIVU) have been refreshed;
*During that time all of the older Hi-Js have also been refreshed.

Aside from the possibility of some massive coincidence this is a pretty good indicator that BA have deliberately held back on the older Mid-Js.

Of course it is possible that they have now decided to roll out NF on all of these aircraft. It will be interesting to see whether G-CIVC was refreshed on it's recent trip to CWL - anyone know?
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Unfortunately, marks, what you say makes perfect sense. (Sigh.)
Old Dec 15, 2011, 9:22 am

I am flying BA227 to ATL on the 29th? 14F 777 operating the route, I am guessing there is no way find out which particular a/c will be assigned to operate the flight, would rather not be stuck on and Old F 777! Dying to try NF out!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by planemad
I am flying BA227 to ATL on the 29th? 14F 777 operating the route, I am guessing there is no way find out which particular a/c will be assigned to operate the flight, would rather not be stuck on and Old F 777! Dying to try NF out!
You can contact You First 24-48 hours before your flight, when the aircraft assignment is known.

You can also ask in the lounge to check the seat map.

Or why not just wait until you get to the gate and see if the aircraft has window blanks or not?!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
British Airways 15 in first to Sydney

Hi, I will be traveling in First on the 14th of February from London to Sydney.
Is there anyone who can tell me if this will be the New First or the Old First.

Many thanks
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Unlikely to absolutely not I think - refer to the tracking new first thread and ftdashboard for details on how to check. Enjoy the trip anyway
Old Dec 15, 2011, 3:35 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

What does MMB show?

If it's 12 seats it will be NF. A quick check of expedia (not always 100% accurate) shows it as 12 seats in the F cabin.

Last edited by PETER01; Dec 15, 2011 at 3:38 pm Reason: amended comment
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:11 pm

Seat map on Expert Flyer showing as 12F seats- definitely New First on that flight. Have a good trip!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by mikey2124:17634769
Seat map on Expert Flyer showing as 12F seats- definitely New First on that flight. Have a good trip!
Definitely New First currently scheduled for that flight. A lot can happen between now and February.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by NeverFirst
Definitely New First currently scheduled for that flight. A lot can happen between now and February.
True but the only 777 that can operate that flight is one of the 4-class YMM* aircraft and if it were to be changed to a 747 it would probably have been done by now, although things can change!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
100% NF.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:01 am

BA are now listing HKG as one of the Routes with NF. This seems very misleading as GVIV-X, Y and Z have all been used in the last 4 days for the BA26 - so Old First 3 out of the last 4 days - I'm on this route on a week or so - all still very frustrating the painfully slow roll out and to cap it all they now mislead you with their 'available on these routes' they should add an 'if your lucky' to the end...
Old Dec 16, 2011, 9:04 am

G-VIIU-->G-VIIY all have New First fitted

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.