Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Strike ballot called: here we go [General discussion of BA industrial relations]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strike ballot called: here we go [General discussion of BA industrial relations]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:10 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by stut
Wow. Blatant lies, frankly. Nasty ones at that. What a depressing post.
For the record I am not lying but basing my post on many other former royal mail staff or contract worker's experiences I have heard or read. The fact that Stut constantly posts with a hard left-wing bias, on any issue under the sun, means I'm not going to bother asking him how he knows I'm wrong & a liar, which evidently isn't a 'nasty' or depressing thing to say in this forum about other members, in the world of Stut.

Originally Posted by BAHumbug
I quite agree. The lady who delivers my post is lovely.

BAH
I never mentioned anything about the posties themselves.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by tristan727
I'm not sure exactly why it would be clever to allow parts to remain subsidised without fixing the problem.
In your context of the Royal Mail, it has a universal service agreement ie it has to deliver a postcard to the Shetlands for the same price as one to London.
It will always need subsidising . Selling off the profitable parts of the Post Office means that the subsidy will have to come from within that core business or from the State.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Tilly123
I know several people who work for BA, all rarely actually seem to work . 2 have other jobs as they get so much time off, one gets over £100k from BA before all the allowances the other works 5 or 6 days every 2 months and gets paid a ridiculous amount for dishing out '' chicken or beef ''
What an absolute load of rubbish...

There is NO member of cabin crew who gets a basic salary of £100k. That is total and utter rubbish. And working 5 or 6 days every 2 months, again, total rubbish. You really need to stop posting totally over exaggerated utter non sense...
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:15 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
For the record I am not lying but basing my post on many other former royal mail staff or contract worker's experiences I have heard or read. The fact that Stut constantly posts with a hard left-wing bias, on any issue under the sun, means I'm not going to bother asking him how he knows I'm wrong & a liar, which evidently isn't a 'nasty' or depressing thing to say in this forum about other members, in the world of Stut.
That's fine. Then I assume I don't have to remind you to attack the argument and not the poster to keep within TOS.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
What an absolute load of rubbish...

There is NO member of cabin crew who gets a basic salary of £100k. That is total and utter rubbish. And working 5 or 6 days every 2 months, again, total rubbish. You really need to stop posting totally over exaggerated utter non sense...
I did not say cabin crew on £100k, and part time crew can have 1 month working one month off, thank you!
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:16 am

They should be left to go bankrupt, but it would be the tax payer again coming to the rescue for another bunch of fat cats and their gold plated final salary pensions.

I know several people who work for BA, all rarely actually seem to work . 2 have other jobs as they get so much time off, one gets over £100k from BA before all the allowances the other works 5 or 6 days every 2 months and gets paid a ridiculous amount for dishing out '' chicken or beef ''

They need to have a complete pay and allowance overhaul from top to bottom and get in touch with the real world.
I'm puzzled why such highly paid people need additional jobs.
Have you offered your information to the Daily Mail ?
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:17 am

One of the biggest problems with BA is their attitude towards pax who don't fit the profile of the 'old boys club'.

I have seen it time and time again and it looks really shoddy and classist (spelling) for those who are not part of the club as it is painfully obvious.

Maybe the UK doesn't have bankruptcy protection, Chapter 11, like the US. But as somebody pointed out it does have final liquidation and the rise of Ryanair.

Let's see how some of the members on here who continually call O'Leary O'Liar enjoy his fine service when BA fails to exist.

The man has managed to kick the crap out of many airlines, created markets where they simply didn't exist before and let's be 100% honest here. BA is heading more towards theRyanair model more than Ryanair is towards BA.

Fewer crew, fewer meals if at all any meals, it is only a matter of time until BA are simply a fancier version flying from Heathrow as opposed to Stanstead.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
I have some sympathy for tristan727's post although a bit OTT

Originally Posted by BAHumbug
Some parts of any business cannot generate revenue. It's just not possible.

Accounts departments, Human Resources, IT/Telecomms to name but three are all areas of any business which are a net cost. Nor can they generate income - it is not their raison d'être. So let's get rid of them - as per your suggestion. Oh, wait...

Is that clear enough ?

BAH
Not a particularly good example as some of these departmants are there for legal reasons, some are there as their cost is cheaper than the alternative.

The Post office has been raped and pillaged in the same way as the buses were 15-odd years ago. Any private firm will cherry pick the profitable parts of the business. Other postal firms are interested in the high value corporate and metropolitan post. They are not interested in delivering letters to Joe in the back of beyond for 32p. Likewise private bus companies are loving the fact that they can operate the high value routes in the cities but are not interested in delivering Mavis to her home in the country. If we as a nation wants to preserve these services then they need subsidy. It all depends on the sort of society we want to live in.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did not say cabin crew on £100k, and part time crew can have 1 month working one month off, thank you!
Ok... so is the issue here we are discussing CABIN CREW or some other working group? Or have I lost the total ilk of this thread? The only people who get paid that amount of money plus allowances are pilots.

And if they were indeed working one month on and one month off, it would be one month of no work, then one month of full time, equating to a 50% contract... get your facts rite.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 747-444
One of the biggest problems with BA is their attitude towards pax who don't fit the profile of the 'old boys club'.
Can you expand on this one please? I am confused as to this statement.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:24 am

Programs: PC Amb., BA Blue
Originally Posted by stut
That's fine. Then I assume I don't have to remind you to attack the argument and not the poster to keep within TOS.
I havent, must admit, read the TOS - does it allow calling people liar's when they don't like their argument? It really does, in my mind, convince me of the argument that this place is way too cliquey - when regular posters such as yourself can make such hypocritical posts with such confidence.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Ok... so is the issue here we are discussing CABIN CREW or some other working group? Or have I lost the total ilk of this thread? The only people who get paid that amount of money plus allowances are pilots.

And if they were indeed working one month on and one month off, it would be one month of no work, then one month of full time, equating to a 50% contract... get your facts rite.
Actually, they refer to it as 33% and no they don't work as you are telling me they do! maybe your facts are not right and please don't be so nasty.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:29 am
Moderator: UK and Ireland & Europe

Programs: SK*G, Lots of Blue Elsewhere
does it allow calling people liar's [sic] when they don't like their argument?
I think you're failing to see the difference between dismissing a statement as a lie, and calling somebody a liar.

I could indeed have expanded on my personal experience that led me to such a conclusion - it would have made a better argument - but you've made it clear that that is no interest to you (and is certainly off topic).
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Unhappy Calm down everyone

I have been posting regularly for the last 2 years and lurking for many more and whilst I appreciate this is a very emotive subject, this thread is the nastiest I've come across.

Why can't everyone put across their point of view without personal attacks and nastiness?

I thought FT was about helping each other and gaining additional knowledge.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 7:32 am

, most of the sorting staff are allowed to do little work & watch tv half of the time,

and hire their own family members rather than through genuine recruitment, etc. etc.

You only have to pop down to claim a missed delivery to see the quality of the staff, and lack of mgmt. direction for your own eyes

and many have absolutely no sense of work clothing & washing/hygiene etiquette.
You wonder why someone questions you and derides you ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.