Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
Hey all, quick question. Anyone know when BA is likely to expand the Chase 10% discount code BEYOND December 31, 2014? Right now, I cant book anything with it past January 1... it seems like the same code has been used for the past few years.

I'm trying to book a trip at the end of January, and 10% would be a nice savings.
I'd not noticed that you couldn't book past the end of the year. That's a bit of an outrage really given that one of the published benefits is the 10% discount. Pretty useless as we approach the end of the year. Sorry, can't answer your question though.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:31 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by imapilotaz
Anyone know when BA is likely to expand the Chase 10% discount code BEYOND December 31, 2014?
No, but previously we've had to wait until December, which is very annoying.

For history see the "BA Chase Visa 10% discount extended through 2013" and (more usefully) "BA Chase 10% in 2014?" threads.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 3:42 pm

Programs: US Air Platinum, BA, SPG Gold, ICH Platinum
Last year I didn't want to wait until the last minute so I booked BA through AARP and got $65.00 off each economy ticket. I grabbed it because there was also an airfare sale on that time. AARP promotion currently ends this month but hopefully should extend again by November. Otherwise you might have wait until early to mid December. Here's the link.
http://discounts.aarp.org/offer/inde...p=MBBB_MaiBB_3
Old Oct 13, 2014, 4:18 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by newburyuk
Last year I didn't want to wait until the last minute so I booked BA through AARP and got $65.00 off each economy ticket. [...]
Unfortunately that's also an offer that runs out each year -- with the next expiry date being 14 October 2014 (tomorrow!) and the last date for outbound travel being 31 March 2015.

AARP typically gets renewed earlier than Chase, FWIW. (Though I suspect both might be at risk following some heavy promotion by bloggers.)
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:40 am

How long for avios to post?

I received this card recently. We've been through 2 cycles and no avios have posted. I figure the bonus points wont post until the end of the 3rd cycle (even though I have met the minimum spend already) but shouldn't I see some points for the regular spend so far?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by fafa123
I received this card recently. We've been through 2 cycles and no avios have posted. I figure the bonus points wont post until the end of the 3rd cycle (even though I have met the minimum spend already) but shouldn't I see some points for the regular spend so far?
Are you sure the card is linked to your BAEC account? Is your BAEC number printed on the bottom of the card? I had a problem with this the first time it was issued to me. The points were being accrued but could not get posted to my account.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 7:50 am
IMH

Originally Posted by fafa123
I received this card recently. We've been through 2 cycles and no avios have posted.
Originally Posted by golfmad
Are you sure the card is linked to your BAEC account? Is your BAEC number printed on the bottom of the card?
Yes, that's the first thing to check. Also confirm that you can see (at least) two distinct entries for Avios on your Chase statements: "Avios earned for purchases this period" and "Total Avios transferred to Executive Club".
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: US Air Platinum, BA, SPG Gold, ICH Platinum
Recently had a "hand hits forehead" Homer Simpson "doh" moment. I've used both the AARP discount OR the Chase 10 in the past. It never dawned on me to combine the discounts until I read someone's comment about doing so. Reportedly you begin your purchase with the AARP portal which takes you to BA and pay with Chase. I haven't tried it but will attempt in December when hopefully the Chase 10 is extended into 2015 and I can book my March trip. I would love to give credit to where I read but honestly can't remember.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by newburyuk
Recently had a "hand hits forehead" Homer Simpson "doh" moment. I've used both the AARP discount OR the Chase 10 in the past. It never dawned on me to combine the discounts until I read someone's comment about doing so. Reportedly you begin your purchase with the AARP portal which takes you to BA and pay with Chase. I haven't tried it but will attempt in December when hopefully the Chase 10 is extended into 2015 and I can book my March trip. I would love to give credit to where I read but honestly can't remember.
It was tooblue. He put me onto it.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/20197539-post8.html
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Which Bonus Counts for Reapplication?

A little confusing here. Normally I look to the Wiki first, but there doesn't seem to be one.

I got my last BA card in 2012, with my first bonus in July. So it's more than two years, and according to the T/Cs on the Chase website, I'm good to reapply. Except that my offer was 50K miles after meeting minimum spend the first year, then 50K more after renewing the card. So I got a second 50K bonus in July 2013.

So am I past the two year since bonus posted date? Or do I have to wait two years past my renewal date to reapply?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:11 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by Brugge
I got my last BA card in 2012, with my first bonus in July [...] then [...] a second 50K bonus in July 2013.

So am I past the two year since bonus posted date? Or do I have to wait two years past my renewal date to reapply?
A family member has exactly the same history and we're assuming that July 2015 is the earliest she should consider applying for this card again. That may be over-cautious, but with many other cards to consider (including Chase cards) and no compelling bonus on offer for the BA card why rush?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
A family member has exactly the same history and we're assuming that July 2015 is the earliest she should consider applying for this card again. That may be over-cautious, but with many other cards to consider (including Chase cards) and no compelling bonus on offer for the BA card why rush?
Thanks. In answer to that, I don't have any new Chase cards to apply for, and most of my Chase ccs to reapply for are not yet at the 2 year point. I'm trying to work my thru reapplying for everything in the next year or so. Therefore wanting to get the BA knocked off as soon as possible. My only other Chase card, that I'm sure the timing is right is United. But only 30K?
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:26 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by Brugge
I don't have any new Chase cards to apply for, and most of my Chase ccs to reapply for are not yet at the 2 year point. [...] Therefore wanting to get the BA knocked off as soon as possible. My only other Chase card, that I'm sure the timing is right is United. But only 30K?
I certainly wouldn't go for UA at 30,000 either. Given the history I'm not very impressed by 50,000 for the BA card, but in your situation it may make sense. If you do decide to apply, please be kind enough to report back for the rest of us!
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by IMH
I certainly wouldn't go for UA at 30,000 either. Given the history I'm not very impressed by 50,000 for the BA card, but in your situation it may make sense. If you do decide to apply, please be kind enough to report back for the rest of us!
I wouldn't use BA miles for TATL. But last summer my wife had BA business included at the beginning of her AA Saver LHR to US award. Ironically, since I had to use an Anytime award, AA wouldn't let me do that. So I used 4500 BA miles to fly Prague to LHR with her in business.

The even better use we have booked, but not yet flown, is for this Feb. We have SQ Suites class from the West Coast to Singapore, then Cathay from HKG to NRT added to our AA FC award back from NRT to the US. So we booked Singapore business to BKK, and then a week later to HKG in Cathay Pacific Business class, both with BA miles, saving thousands of $. Since we both originally got 100K mile sign up bonuses, we still have a lot of BA miles left, but I wouldn't mind having 50K more.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
I didn't realize that there is no wiki for this card. I looked it up on the Chase website, and found this in the T/Cs:

"This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer."

Does anyone know of a app link that doesn't have this language? Otherwise it doesn't matter when we got our last bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.