Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase 10% in 2014?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
BA Chase 10% in 2014?

any speculation or news about whether the 10% chase discount will be extended for 2014?

Does anyone remember when the announcement for 2013 was made?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by amargrossa
any speculation or news about whether the 10% chase discount will be extended for 2014?

Does anyone remember when the announcement for 2013 was made?
See these threads (found by searching for "chase discount"):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-ba-visa.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...gh-2013-a.html
Old Sep 28, 2013, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Thanks - but those threads (one of which I've contributed to) deal with separate subjects

I'm writing specifically about the discount being extended into 2014 (currently outbound travel must occur on or before Dec 31, 2013)
Old Sep 28, 2013, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by amargrossa
Thanks - but those threads (one of which I've contributed to) deal with separate subjects

I'm writing specifically about the discount being extended into 2014 (currently outbound travel must occur on or before Dec 31, 2013)
Uh no, you asked if anyone remembers when the announcement of the discount for 2013 was made? The second thread lists the email that came out on December 11, 2012 extending the bonus for 2013. From the first post in that thread (from December of 2012):
Just got the good news from BA & Chase Visa :

Dear Mr tooblue,

As a loyal British Airways Visa Signature cardholder, we want to reward you by extending our popular 10% discount through 2013. When you book on any British Airways flight in any cabin using your card, you can continue to save 10% off the entire purchase price, including taxes, fees and carrier charges.*
I received the same email and have a copy of it in my BA folder.

And from the other thread:
Chase/BA have made this offer since I've had the card in 2011. Each year, BA indicates the offer will continue through the last day of the current year but then extends the offer into the following year.
I would assume we will hear from Chase in December if they are extending it. Or are you talking about some other 10% Chase discount?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Uh no, you asked if anyone remembers when the announcement of the discount for 2013 was made? The second thread lists the email that came out on December 11, 2012 extending the bonus for 2013. From the first post in that thread (from December of 2012):

I received the same email and have a copy of it in my BA folder.

And from the other thread:

I would assume we will hear from Chase in December if they are extending it. Or are you talking about some other 10% Chase discount?
Thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2013, 8:27 am

I spoke to both Chase Signature services and the British Airways Gold desk regarding this promo in 2014. Chase had no information, but British Airways informed me that it will not be extended to 2014, and will expire as scheduled on Dec 31, 2013.

Quite a bummer for me personally, as I buy 10+ BA tickets every year for myself and/or my family using this discount.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:49 am

Chase Visa offer extended to 2014

I just checked the Ba.com/chase10 webpage and it now shows that the discount is available through December 31, 2014.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:51 am

Thanks. Although it looks like the update hasn't gone through yet, as when I try to book (for March 2014), I get an error that offer not valid for specified date. Have you tried to making a booking ?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:54 am

I tried to make a booking for January 2014 but received an error. Just called BA to let them know it's not working. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:03 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meli/HH/Bonvoy Gold
EDITED: The offer page was updated a few days ago and I was too stupid to read post 7 above which already told everyone that. Sorry.

Last edited by IMH; Nov 22, 2013 at 3:42 pm Reason: to apologise
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:23 pm

IMH, The offer page has been updated for a few days now and shows Dec 31, 2014. But have you been able to make a booking with the offer ? I tried again today and still get an error that the outbound date (march 2014) is not valid for the chase discount.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 3:43 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by megamiles2
IMH, The offer page has been updated for a few days now and shows Dec 31, 2014. But have you been able to make a booking with the offer ?
You're right and no, it still doesn't work. Sorry. I was so chuffed to have spotted the apparent extension that I failed to do due diligence before posting.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: US Air Platinum, BA, SPG Gold, ICH Platinum
Originally Posted by megamiles2
Thanks. Although it looks like the update hasn't gone through yet, as when I try to book (for March 2014), I get an error that offer not valid for specified date. Have you tried to making a booking ?
Same here, Mega. I posted the same question back in September for an upcoming trip in March 2014 on BA Signature Card thread. Although still been unable to book at least holding out hope now that it does appear they will extend.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: US Air Platinum, BA, SPG Gold, ICH Platinum
Called Executive Club

I called the Executive Club Info number on the back of my card today. (1-800-452-1201) Explained that I had been unable to receive the discount when booking a flight using their webpage link and the promo code CARDOFFERU. The rep said they could book for me and said I would get the 10% off. She also assured me there would not be an additional charge for a phone booking since the problem is with their website.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:34 pm
IMH

Originally Posted by newburyuk
I called the Executive Club [...] The rep said they could book for me and said I would get the 10% off.
Thanks for the update. Just to be sure I understand: did the telephone agent successfully apply the 10% code to a booking for you, or just say that she could/would? TIA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.