Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Chases response to my secure message seemed to indicate that the problem was on the BA side of things. Basically it said that BA was aware of the problem and was working on a resolution.
Having had Avios posted with 24hrs and it is now day 10, I received this reply from Chase are an inquiry:
" Dear Mr. Skyline,

Thank you for contacting Chase regarding your British
Airways credit card account and your Avios.

We apologize for the delay upon receiving your Avios from
your May 2015 statement. We wanted to let you know that
British Airways is working on posting the Avios and they
should be reflected on your Executive Club account within
the next 30 days. We appreciate your patience in this
matter.

Thank you for being our customer. We appreciate your
business.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you
,"

30 days!
Old May 20, 2015, 5:24 am

Yeah I still haven't seen my missing Avios either.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: BA S, AA G(1MM), Hilton D
Originally Posted by Skyline
Having had Avios posted with 24hrs and it is now day 10, I received this reply from Chase are an inquiry:
" Dear Mr. Skyline,

matter.

business.

Secure Message Center.

Thank you
,"

30 days!
I am having same issues as others - no Avios posting from May statement. I wrote to Chase using their Secure Message Center, and got an identical reply to Skyline.

Will inform them that I am aware that this is affecting numbers of people, and see what their response is.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Avios
Angry Me too!

I wrote to BA about the missing miles and have yet to hear from them! Supposed to have a response within 48 hours...haven't yet and it's been more than 48! What's up with them???
Old May 21, 2015, 9:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by ddschur
I wrote to BA about the missing miles and have yet to hear from them! Supposed to have a response within 48 hours...haven't yet and it's been more than 48! What's up with them???
If you did what I think you did, which is fill out a form on ba.com, all that will happen with the first response is they will tell you they have passed it to the back office. Depending on the partner, it can take as much as 8 weeks if you go this route. Generally, I think it works better to chase claims with the partners themselves, except for the airlines. The email you have from Chase saying it will only take a month is a good example of that!
Old May 21, 2015, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by loosehead
I am having same issues as others - no Avios posting from May statement. I wrote to Chase using their Secure Message Center, and got an identical reply to Skyline.

Will inform them that I am aware that this is affecting numbers of people, and see what their response is.
Just phoned Chase and was told they transferred 9000+ phantom avios on May 1, but of course none have appeared in my account. I will be phoning BA tomorrow to give a piece of my mind.

I don't think this is a coincidence with all of the hacking issues, password resets and change in earning structure. More like incompetent IT and once again no communication of the problem to the customer or a timetable for resolution
Old May 22, 2015, 3:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Boraxo
Just phoned Chase and was told they transferred 9000+ phantom avios on May 1, but of course none have appeared in my account. I will be phoning BA tomorrow to give a piece of my mind.

I don't think this is a coincidence with all of the hacking issues, password resets and change in earning structure. More like incompetent IT and once again no communication of the problem to the customer or a timetable for resolution
Incompetent IT is probably the issue. I don't know about Chase, but with many of the other Non-flight partners, the Executive Club seems to have a lot of trouble processing their files correctly, and with some of them, this happens with annoying frequency and with unacceptable delays in resolution.
Old May 22, 2015, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA S, AA G(1MM), Hilton D
No surprise, but my second cycle of secure messages to/from Chase about missing Avios has not been very productive. Although they have now stopped pointing the finger at BA, and said that they themselves are working to resolve the issue. I mentioned to them that numbers of people were posting of frustrations on FT, and hope that someone in their team takes notice.

Sadly, I get the feeling that it'll take as long as they're prepared to allow it to take. No note of urgency, nor sense of genuine responsibility about either of the replies I've had from them so far.
Old May 22, 2015, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Received the same message from Chase as loosehead. Fortunately I don't have immediate need to use these miles so I see no need to knock myself out trying to expedite (as if that could be done anyway).

Will be happy once I have booked my final 241s and will finally be done with Chase and BA Avios. With all of the summer sales for TATL C the cashback cards are now a better option.
Old May 23, 2015, 9:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 36902BRF
Chases response to my secure message seemed to indicate that the problem was on the BA side of things. Basically it said that BA was aware of the problem and was working on a resolution.
Sounds about right. Even the tiniest change breaks BA's IT, so expect all kinds of random things to go wrong for a while yet
Old May 24, 2015, 2:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by OkayThen
Sounds about right. Even the tiniest change breaks BA's IT, so expect all kinds of random things to go wrong for a while yet
Or, forever!
Old May 25, 2015, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Just cancelled this card due to the downgrade in benefits (1:1 spend to BA miles). They cancelled immediately and didn't offer anything to stay.

Wouldn't have mattered at 1:1 I prefer the Starwood Amex or HSBC Premier World card which both allow me to transfer at 1:1 as well - but also offer other redemption options should those prove better at the time I choose to redeem. Would've been nice to keep the 10% BA discount - but can't justify a $95 annual fee for the off chance I fly BA.
Old May 27, 2015, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Just cancelled this card due to the downgrade in benefits (1:1 spend to BA miles). They cancelled immediately and didn't offer anything to stay.

Wouldn't have mattered at 1:1 I prefer the Starwood Amex or HSBC Premier World card which both allow me to transfer at 1:1 as well - but also offer other redemption options should those prove better at the time I choose to redeem. Would've been nice to keep the 10% BA discount - but can't justify a $95 annual fee for the off chance I fly BA.
I don't blame you though this card was mostly only good for the Travel Together Cert even at 1.25x, beyond that a number of cards were better at earning Avios, in particular a number of Amex MR cards which can be better than SPG. I have found some value in those certs though I admit I am in a minority. With the recent Avios devaluation I find even less value in them. At this point I am going to reassess when my and wife's AFs come up at the end of the year.
Old May 27, 2015, 9:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Icelandair, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz 5*
" Dear Mr. Skyline,

matter.

business.

Secure Message Center.

Thank you
,"

30 days!
Another week passes and still no Avios Anyone else had any luck on this particular billing cycle?
Old May 28, 2015, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: QR Silver, BA Silver, FB Gold
Another week passes and still no Avios Anyone else had any luck on this particular billing cycle?
Nope...... (billing cycle closed May 8).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.