Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Chase Visa Signature Card (USA) and Travel Together questions [Master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
My Avios did not post this month. I emailed Chase and received the same (unhelpful) response.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:51 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by JAXBA
This.

The Avios will still collect, theoretically, but they won't post to BAEC from Chase, until you switch your address back to the US. But then your Amex Avios won't post until you switch back to the UK.

Neither account will close, but the Avios will only post from one or the other of them at a time, not both.
I had forgotten to switch my UK address to my US address, when moving back in November/December (when I applied for and got the Chase card). I've spent several thousands of dollars on the card since + the sign on bonus, but realized they hadn't posted to my BAEC account a few weeks back, when I changed my address in the BA system.

Since then, I've had a statement close on the Chase side, and yet nothing show on the BA side. How do I fix this? Chase said I should call BA, and BA says I should call Chase...
Old Jul 7, 2018, 3:44 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by CheVive
I had forgotten to switch my UK address to my US address, when moving back in November/December (when I applied for and got the Chase card). I've spent several thousands of dollars on the card since + the sign on bonus, but realized they hadn't posted to my BAEC account a few weeks back, when I changed my address in the BA system.

Since then, I've had a statement close on the Chase side, and yet nothing show on the BA side. How do I fix this? Chase said I should call BA, and BA says I should call Chase...
Are the Avios showing on your Chase statement? And are you sure that the BAEC number on your credit card matches your BAEC account? If both of those two are true then I think it's a BA problem. The good news is that the Avios are accumulating and you won't lose them.
Old Aug 14, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
I'm not very familiar with Chase cards (since I am always way over 5/24 I don't bother) but since the BA card isn't supposed to be subject to it, I might try for it again. My question: is the rule for getting a Chase card again subject to a 24 month rule? I think so, but can't find confirmation of it. If it is, is that since I last closed it? or opened it? Thanks.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by fredc84
I'm not very familiar with Chase cards (since I am always way over 5/24 I don't bother) but since the BA card isn't supposed to be subject to it, I might try for it again. My question: is the rule for getting a Chase card again subject to a 24 month rule? I think so, but can't find confirmation of it. If it is, is that since I last closed it? or opened it? Thanks.
Many bloggers report that the BA card is NOT subject to 5/24. However to get the bonus a second time your application date must be 24 months since you last received the bonus. In the past, this card frequently offered the bonus in three stages 50,000 for something like $3,000, another 25,000 miles at $10,000 and another 25,000 at $20,000. Your application date must be 24 months after you received the first bonus of 50,000 miles. I cannot confirm that the card is not subject to 5/24 because I have applied for the second time when under 5/24, but I can confirm that the second bonus will pay so long as your application date meets the above criteria.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: Navy A-4 Skyhawk, B727 FE/FO, S80 FO, B757/767 FO, B737 CA
Originally Posted by Furby
Many bloggers report that the BA card is NOT subject to 5/24. However to get the bonus a second time your application date must be 24 months since you last received the bonus. In the past, this card frequently offered the bonus in three stages 50,000 for something like $3,000, another 25,000 miles at $10,000 and another 25,000 at $20,000. Your application date must be 24 months after you received the first bonus of 50,000 miles. I cannot confirm that the card is not subject to 5/24 because I have applied for the second time when under 5/24, but I can confirm that the second bonus will pay so long as your application date meets the above criteria.
When I got it the first time it was not subject to 5/24 since I was way over that at the time...there are rumors on various blogs about that changing, we'll see.
To confirm, I have to wait 24 months from when actually got the first bonus...not just when I applied for the card? So, something like 26ish months from when I actually got approved for it?

Edit: Well, its a doesn't matter, BA actually lists when I got the last bonus, surprised it goes back over 2 years ago.

Last edited by fredc84; Aug 15, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Old Aug 15, 2018, 6:32 pm

Yes, 24 months after you received the bonus. Always a good idea to keep a note of when the bonus was paid on any Chase card. Let us know how your application goes. I would be interested to know first hand that you can successfully apply if over 5/24.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 7:45 am

Can someone confirm if I'm understanding this 24 month limit correctly? If I have the Chase BA card today, but received the mileage bonus more than 24 months ago, that I can cancel the card today and reapply tomorrow to get the bonus as soon as I hit the spending target?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by DanEv
Can someone confirm if I'm understanding this 24 month limit correctly? If I have the Chase BA card today, but received the mileage bonus more than 24 months ago, that I can cancel the card today and reapply tomorrow to get the bonus as soon as I hit the spending target?
If you think you will get automatically approved then I would close the card and wait a week or two (maybe until the end of the calendar month) before reapplying to give the system time to completely close things out. If you do not think you will get automatic approval (and so a human will be looking at your history) I would wait for a few months. I have closed the card and successfully reapplied several times, but always left 6 months between closing and reapplying. Automatic approval will depend upon how many inquiries you have had recently, and how much total credit Chase has already extended you on all other Chase cards in relation to your income. There is no exact formula, you have to go with your gut.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 7:02 am

Please help me understand a good reason(s) why it has taken over 5 months to resolve missing Avios posted to my BA account from the Chase card. I noticed the missing Avios (from BA spend - I wasn't credited with the amount I should have been) in March, and have been calling the Chase card to follow up when the promised resolution has not materialized.

I have been exceptionally patient (including an 80 minute call in June where a BA representative was conferenced in). Last call was August 17, and a supervisor said I should receive a call indicating full resolution less than the normal 5-7 day turnaround (they work weekends). As of today, I haven't received a call, and the missing Avios have not been posted to my account. I want to call Chase before my monthly posting date (in 2 weeks) to once again, nicely point out that I am still missing Avios.

Is this a normal wait time when Avios are missing? I can't figure out why this is taking so long. Any advice for what to say/suggest to Chase when I call? I indicated last month that I did not want to be calling again and expected this matter to be resolved.

Thank you!
Old Jul 29, 2020, 4:32 pm

Both of my Chase BA VISA cards are offering me 7X Avios during August and September for gas, restaurants, and grocery purchases (up to $1,500 per month).

Activation required. Targeted.

You can check your cards here: https://www.chase.com/mybonus
districtRich likes this.

Last edited by Steve in Olympia; Jul 29, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Old Jul 29, 2020, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Both of my Chase BA VISA cards are offering me 7X Avios during August and September for gas, restaurants, and grocery purchases (up to $1,500 total spend).

Activation required. Targeted.

You can check your cards here: https://www.chase.com/mybonus
Thanks for the tip. I tried my Chase BA card but was rejected. I tried my wife's Chase BA card and she received a completely different offer (see below):

Quite a different offer!!

I then tried both our Chase Sapphire Reserve cards and received this offer (Chase UR points):

Nothing on the Freedom or Ink Business.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 5:05 pm
ftl

Thanks! I got the 7X offer.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 5:07 pm

I wonder what algorithms they use to determine which cardholders receive which offer?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
I wonder what algorithms they use to determine which cardholders receive which offer?
I have it on very good authority that the algorithm is based on the IQ of the cardholder.
golfmad likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.