Airport transportation to Rio de Janeiro

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport transportation to Rio de Janeiro

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2016, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
I'll be in Cusco for several days before Brazil. I believe I'll shop the exchange rate on reais around town while I'm there. It's bound to be better than any airport.
If you have USD and EUR as your home currency, my advice is to always bring those with you to countries with weak currencies.
Another advice is not to expect close relationships between Brazil and its neighbours.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 7:01 am

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by Esmjb
Unsolicited advice but I recommend to NOT take the official taxis at the Cusco airport. Those will cost you 30-40 soles (or whatever you are able to negotiate really) while a regular taxi will cost you a third.
Where do I find the regular taxi?
Old Nov 4, 2016, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Ed Janowsky
Where do I find the regular taxi?
So it's a tiny airport and the parking lot has room for maybe 50 cars? As you walk out you get mobbed by the official taxi drivers and they have their cars parked real close. The regular taxis will be in the back of the parking lot waving at you.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: 747 Upper Deck QF J LAX-BNE; A380 SQ SuiteC+D SYD-SIN & SIN-HKG; 777 CX F HKG-JFK; Park Hyatt Sydney
Originally Posted by Esmjb
So it's a tiny airport and the parking lot has room for maybe 50 cars? As you walk out you get mobbed by the official taxi drivers and they have their cars parked real close. The regular taxis will be in the back of the parking lot waving at you.
Another excellent tip Esmjb! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.