Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Brazil
Reload this Page >

GRU VIP Assist

GRU VIP Assist

Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, AMEX PLAT
GRU VIP Assist

Has anyone used VIP arrival/departure services in GRU? Is it worth it when traveling Business Class or are there fast-track arrival/departure lanes already?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AF Gold
There are no Fast-Track lanes in GRU, but as you travel in Business you get off the plane early. Then just go straight to immigration and you'll not be at the end of the queue. As long as not several flights arrive exactly at the same time due to delays, time at immigration don't take too long. And even if it takes a bit, take into account you would need otherwise to wait at baggage claim to pick up your luggage.
Personally I don't think VIP service is of that high value. I would expect that it's more about assisting you rather than accelerating a lot.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: Mileage Plus Platinum
I can't see any reason for it. Probably flown into GRU 40 times and only once had a line of more than 10 minutes, mostly less than 5. Foreigner line almost always shorter as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.