Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by rupert_s
If you want to see a bright yellow, select an outbound flight first..
It IS my outbound flight.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by elonepb
The dull yellow availability on "return route"
Old Aug 21, 2010, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Pass
Originally Posted by rupert_s
If you read the FAQ, the "dull yellow" apparently is dull for some kind of "return route" reasoning. All I'm saying is that my outbound is dull.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold
ANA starnet tool no longer available if you have no ANA balance

it must have been good while it lasted. you can no longer just create an ANA ID and log in, now you need to have ANA mileage balance. from their web site:
* The Partner Flight Award search function is not available for passengers who do not have any mileage balance. -
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by mjgtraveler
it must have been good while it lasted. you can no longer just create an ANA ID and log in, now you need to have ANA mileage balance. from their web site:
* The Partner Flight Award search function is not available for passengers who do not have any mileage balance. -

big thread here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bmi-d...er-search.html
Old Sep 23, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: CO, US
Small glitch in following RAPC's instructions

I managed to join ANA Mileage Club, and I can log-in. But on the page with the "three main options" it is impossible to select "Use Star Alliance Member Airlines" because the link/button is grayed out. How to proceed?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 4:34 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
There has been a recent change.

Do a search for an ANA flight first - say ICN-NRT. On the resulting page, you'll be able to click the Star Alliance search button - just retype the codes you want to use, replacing ICN and NRT.

And welcome to FT, bv94602. ^
Old Sep 23, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: F
Nobody has mentioned it yet so perhaps you don't know about it: check out Award Nexus. See the thread here, give it a try, then redefine "masterclass".
Old Dec 4, 2010, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
There has been a recent change.

Do a search for an ANA flight first - say ICN-NRT. On the resulting page, you'll be able to click the Star Alliance search button - just retype the codes you want to use, replacing ICN and NRT.

And welcome to FT, bv94602. ^
Unless I am doing something wrong, I believe that they have closed this loophole.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cure
Unless I am doing something wrong, I believe that they have closed this loophole.
It worked for me recently, eventually, but I suppose like most things it's difficult and confusing to start with. I think I did a search for a Tokyo to Singapore flight on ANA and when the results appeared, I did a search from IAH to LHR. Alas I was outside the 330 day cut off, but that's another story!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by cure
still working for me this morning
Old Dec 5, 2010, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by caz312
still working for me this morning
It has always worked.

The new one is that ANA no longer lets you check seats within 7 days of departure.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:40 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Raffles
The new one is that ANA no longer lets you check seats within 7 days of departure.
And as always, we have a simple workaround.

If you try a date within 7 days, you now get

The itinerary you entered is not valid. The booking period for the Star Alliance Award Ticket is between 330 days to 7 days prior to the date of departure.

and all the Outbound flights display " - "

However, it still shows availability for the return, even if it is within 7 days.

So, just reverse your route, set the outbound to today or tomorrow, and you can the see availability for the next 7 days.

Example, I'm looking for LHR-LAX on Tuesday (it's Sunday now, if you're not reading this today). Ask for LAX-LHR, outbound tomorrow, return Tuesday, and availability is displayed (F and C and Y on UA935, nowt on NZ, as it happens). You can then forward through all the days of next week too.

Old Dec 22, 2010, 2:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Star Gold, KLM Gold
Loophole worked for me, now booked on an AC flight to YYZ next year.

Thanks for the guide.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 4:38 pm

Absolutely NO words to explain how helpful is this forum and specifically this thread to FF with no experience in serious FFP activity.

I just heard about ANA right here, just used it successfully [thanks to the step by step guide provided]

I will be using it almost daily, since I have a lot of flights to do soon.

But one doubt arises regarding miles needed to certain award tickets:

In my FFP [Spanair] only 30.000 miles are needed to get a First Class ticket from Europe to North America, and getting that amount of miles is more or less easy spending just around 25.000 US$ in AMEX SpanairPlus Card. AFAIK, a London to LAX ticket, First Class, is around 5.000 US$

Sounds too good to be true!

Any opinions? Thankx to all!

Last edited by SPGM; Dec 27, 2010 at 4:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.