Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 2:23 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
If you really want to link from the main ANA website, log in and then in the bottom left you'll see a dropdown list headed "Awards Redemption".

... but wait this is just the list header/default. From the list choose "Award Reservation" and hit Go.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 2:34 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Great! This actually belongs in the Star Alliance Forum or at the very least cross linked.

tis ashame FM and CA aren't in this system, i totally forgot about them when I was mapping out my trip to asia. Oh well I didnt want to fly them anyway.

flew Fm in april, reminded me of taking the train in india, just a big train with wings.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
I have been having real trouble finding the ANA tool on their new website layout, and pointers?
Type 'link to ana tool' in google - helpfully the first result gives you the address.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 4:59 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Are we sure it is possible to lookup Jet Airways flights on ANA ? I know it's listed in the 'Use the single airline' list, but when I try, it brings up the flights, but all have the - (this cabin is not offered on this flight) symbol, and the flights don't appear at all when you 'use Star Alliance member airlines'.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Are we sure it is possible to lookup Jet Airways flights on ANA ? I know it's listed in the 'Use the single airline' list, but when I try, it brings up the flights, but all have the - (this cabin is not offered on this flight) symbol, and the flights don't appear at all when you 'use Star Alliance member airlines'.
It has worked previously. Looks like a similar bug as the OZ one a few months ago. It will no doubt be resolved in time.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 5:49 am

Programs: AA, BA, UAL, NZ, QF, LH, SPG, IHG, HH, Marriott etc etc
Unhappy Can't get availability on Thai Airways vs ANA tool

eg Nov 20 2009, LHR-BKK...any idea why they dont show the flights yet?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carpmawj
eg Nov 20 2009, LHR-BKK...any idea why they dont show the flights yet?
TG haven't loaded their winter timetable for 2009 yet.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 7:08 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
They actually show these?? Wow! Gotta try this...

Well, obviously 9w is not a *A airline, but they are affliated with UA now (at very high redemption rates) as well as AA (better rates) for awards.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:51 am

Programs: AA, BA, UAL, NZ, QF, LH, SPG, IHG, HH, Marriott etc etc
Question TG winter timetable

Originally Posted by RAPC
TG haven't loaded their winter timetable for 2009 yet.
Any idea when they will load?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carpmawj
Any idea when they will load?
Not so far. I'd keep an eye on the TG forum as they were discussing this there. After TG's recent changes galore at short notice to their current winter timetable, I suspect they will let the dust settle a little before publishing winter 09.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 3:57 am

Programs: BD Silver; BA Blue
ANA tool help: VS availability

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere - I have searched but couldn't find it...

Every time I've used the ANA tool to check VS flights it comes up with the triangle for "may be available". Is this bad luck or does the tool not link online to VS award flight availability?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
I'm guessing it's because Virgin is not part of Star Alliance.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 4:12 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), UA Silver (*A Silver), VS
I don't think it can see VS availability as they are not *A. Just sign up for a VS Flying Club account and you can search on their site.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ed Artrocker
I don't think it can see VS availability as they are not *A. Just sign up for a VS Flying Club account and you can search on their site.
The VS availability hasn't been showing properly for a while. The first post has been updated accordingly.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:23 am

Programs: AY plat, EB gold, LH Sen
Originally Posted by RAPC
The VS availability hasn't been showing properly for a while. The first post has been updated accordingly.

Ok, I tried it out too,. Shows me seta for the route legs, I elect, all hunky dory but then it comes up with a msg in the end saying SQ redemptions can not be done online, pls call!

Is that of any consequence or is it only for ANA members?

BTW, great work RAPC ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.