Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:02 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I have just edited the first post because ANA now displays SWISS, Air China and Shanghai Airlines.

All the symbols have been done away with, so poor old RAPC will have to do a bit of a re-write, I'm afraid!
I just renewed my expertflyer subscription for another year 2 days ago.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 3:24 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
EF is till a much easier tool to use than ANA. Still money well spent, I'd say.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
Can anyone helps with the following:
Looking to book (with US air miles) a RT LAX (or any US cities)-FRA on LH or LAX (or any other US cities) -ZRH Swiss in F for my wife and I, can do any Friday to sunday (10days) and can do anytime of the year.
Using ANA I Cannot get anywhere.
If this is too preceise and do not work,
Put it this way I just want to try LH and SWISS F with my wife and willing to go anywhere anytime just needs to leave from USA (preferably close to LA).

Is this even possible?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
After 3 hour of playing around I found some but it takes a lot of time and requires looking in less popular US cities...
Old Apr 6, 2010, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Aprils fooL!

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I have just edited the first post because ANA now displays SWISS, Air China and Shanghai Airlines.

All the symbols have been done away with, so poor old RAPC will have to do a bit of a re-write, I'm afraid!
I was pretty sure this was a aprils fool

But was very happy when it turned out to be true^
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: F
LX availability showing on ANA is probably a bad thing - I suspect LX award seats will become harder to find as they become, er, easier to find.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by redshift27
LX availability showing on ANA is probably a bad thing - I suspect LX award seats will become harder to find as they become, er, easier to find.
I have been searching for seats in LX J or F for next Feb/Mar to various destinations in the Far East/ SE Asia with my eventual destination being DPS. Even though I search by single trip I haven't found one flight anywhere on LX that has 2 seats in anything other that Y. I can get LH J (and F although I wouldn't use all those miles for that) and TG F but absolutely nothing on LX. I don't think it can be the fact that they are being snapped up as I have gone all the way to the latest date bookable (8th Mar today) Do you think LX have actually released any J of F seats on these routes?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:50 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
I have been searching for seats in LX J or F for next Feb/Mar to various destinations in the Far East/ SE Asia with my eventual destination being DPS. Even though I search by single trip I haven't found one flight anywhere on LX that has 2 seats in anything other that Y. I can get LH J (and F although I wouldn't use all those miles for that) and TG F but absolutely nothing on LX. I don't think it can be the fact that they are being snapped up as I have gone all the way to the latest date bookable (8th Mar today) Do you think LX have actually released any J of F seats on these routes?
IME LX release premium seats some weeks/months later than some other *A carriers. Just keep looking or set up alerts on EF.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by NoY
IME LX release premium seats some weeks/months later than some other *A carriers. Just keep looking or set up alerts on EF.
Thanks - last year on 27/04 I booked LX F to HKG for 12/02 this year so I'll keep checking over the next couple of weeks.
Old May 18, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus, *A
This is a helpful post to newbie (for ANA tool and *A) like me. Thanks! ^

Further questions:
Does the redemption points showed by ANA tool reflect the actual points needed by each of the airlines?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 18, 2010, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by wahs
This is a helpful post to newbie (for ANA tool and *A) like me. Thanks! ^

Further questions:
Does the redemption points showed by ANA tool reflect the actual points needed by each of the airlines?

Thanks in advance.

the points required will vary depending on what FF scheme you are redeeming through so you need to check with them
Old May 20, 2010, 1:09 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I am seeing zero availability on ANA for next week and early June LHR-ZRH-LHR for redemptions on LX. I have never failed to get the precise flights I need on LX intra-Euro - what's going on??? I see Expertflyer shows loads of eco buckets closed out - what gives
Old May 20, 2010, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Barbados

I am wondering if you experts can give me some advice, as I have a few days to get away in mid June and a few miles to spare, so thinking about cash & miles in J, possibly from London to Barbados, but possibly to an Eastern destination.

My wife and I would like some warm sun on our backs and some blue sea to look at.

If we were to fly to Barbados, what airlines could we choose from?
Old May 20, 2010, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by botham

If we were to fly to Barbados, what airlines could we choose from?
The Star Alliance website is a good place to start as you can search the timetables on there to find some of the more direct routings.

Realistically, it is a case of heading to North America and changing to one of US Airways (from Charlotte) or Air Canada from Toronto.

Air Canada would be the better option as you could get busbiness class from YYZ-BGI. If you went on US Aiways, you'd only be able to fly in economy from CLT-BGI unless you wanted to pay the premium for First Class.

How you get to YYZ or CLT is your call, but the most direct options are US and Air Canada. Air Canada in particular is not too generous in their award availability, so you might have to be flexible on dates to get to Barbados.
Old May 20, 2010, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RAPC
The Star Alliance website is a good place to start as you can search the timetables on there to find some of the more direct routings.

Realistically, it is a case of heading to North America and changing to one of US Airways (from Charlotte) or Air Canada from Toronto.

Air Canada would be the better option as you could get busbiness class from YYZ-BGI. If you went on US Aiways, you'd only be able to fly in economy from CLT-BGI unless you wanted to pay the premium for First Class.

How you get to YYZ or CLT is your call, but the most direct options are US and Air Canada. Air Canada in particular is not too generous in their award availability, so you might have to be flexible on dates to get to Barbados.
Thank you, no direct flights then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.