Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Silver
If you use this link:

https://aswbe-i.ana.co.jp/p_per/sky_...gin.do?LANG=en

to log in, does that get you what you are looking for?

PP
Old Mar 21, 2011, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Percy Pig
If you use this link:https://aswbe-i.ana.co.jp/p_per/sky_...gin.do?LANG=ento log in, does that get you what you are looking for?
Thanks for the link. Although I tried numerous times I could not get the "grayed out" buttons to become operable.
Originally Posted by redshift27
Nobody has mentioned it yet so perhaps you don't know about it: check out Award Nexus. See the thread here, give it a try…
After trying numerous times and numerous ways to get the ANA site to work for me (to research available Lufthansa flights) I tried Award Nexus – thanks to your post. I was able to get some information via that site; thank you.

Originally Posted by Jan@BRU
I have been trying to use this cherished ANA tool. Having singed up I'm getting to the avail check screen. However, Star Alliance is greyed out. It says, you have to have a certain number of miles before using it ...ggrrrr
I am in the same boat.

Originally Posted by botham
I have studied the 'Read this first' section and noted that in order to search for a S/A award flight, one must first input an international request. My problem is that whatever I search for, be it Japan to Paris, or London to Chicago, a yellow message appears and I seem to be able to go no further, so perhaps I'm doing something really stupid?
I've done the same - and got the same result. A few of the posts here mention that ANA has perhaps done something to make it harder for those who do not have ANA miles to use the ANA tool. I’m not sure what is going on, but I could not accomplish researching a reward (non-ANA) flight.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 1:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
Originally Posted by muji
I am in the same boat.
Do you earn points for that ?

Originally Posted by muji
A few of the posts here mention that ANA has perhaps done something to make it harder for those who do not have ANA miles to use the ANA tool. I’m not sure what is going on, but I could not accomplish researching a reward (non-ANA) flight.
Still working OK for me on the workaround. Here's a step by step to make sure we haven't confused you...
  1. Follow the link above.
  2. Enter user ID and PIN
  3. Click 'ANA International Flight Awards' button: the only blue one, the other two being grey and inactive
  4. Enter 'BKK' and 'NRT' as a route that ANA operate, click 'Search', and wait for the results
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the results page, and click 'Use Star Alliance Member Airlines'
  6. You now have 'full' ANA access to search for non-ANA routes, so try LHR-SFO
Old Mar 22, 2011, 2:43 pm

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
still working fine for me ^^^
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
Here's a step by step to make sure we haven't confused you...
  1. Follow the link above.
  2. Enter user ID and PIN
  3. Click 'ANA International Flight Awards' button: the only blue one, the other two being grey and inactive
  4. Enter 'BKK' and 'NRT' as a route that ANA operate, click 'Search', and wait for the results
  5. Scroll to the bottom of the results page, and click 'Use Star Alliance Member Airlines'
  6. You now have 'full' ANA access to search for non-ANA routes, so try LHR-SFO
It worked! Thank you, mate.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:19 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Can anyone please help me. Read the sticky and all the pages of this thread and eventually got to the star alliance search following muji's post above.

I am wanting flights from Aberdeen UK (ABZ) to Abu Dhabi (AUH) next Feb, departing 17th and returning 25th. The flights I am interested in are via Manchester.

When I did my search and eventually got ABZ and AUH in my search box it told me no route! So, I thought maybe you can only do say one leg at a time so I searched MAN - AUH. The options it has given me are non direct via Frankfurt (LH) and Istanbul (TK)

BMI do ABZ-MAN then code share with Etihad to AUH.

Am I missing something here? I really want to be able to use my miles towards these flights?

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:24 am

Location: Northern Ireland (in spirit), but much more likely GB or Europe.
Programs: EI Aer Club, IB Plus, BA EC, AAdvantage
Sorry C2lass, the Ethiad codeshare agreement is just that, a codeshare agreement. Etihad aren't a star alliance member nor a BD redemption partner, so you won't be able to use your miles on those MAN-AUH flights.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:29 am

BHDBOY

Thank you so much for answering that and solving my problem. Oh dear, I recently opened the BMI credit card with a view to being able to use the miles to fly to AUH next year. What a twit I am
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by c2lass
BHDBOY

Thank you so much for answering that and solving my problem. Oh dear, I recently opened the BMI credit card with a view to being able to use the miles to fly to AUH next year. What a twit I am
You still have some options, Lufthansa via Frankfurt or Turkish via Istanbul. Plus all the other options to DXB if you don't mind arriving 60ish miles away!
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:29 am

My start airport is Aberdeen so would not want to do more than one change. Totally forgot about Dubai as knew BMI do not fly there however I just realised Virgin are in Star Alliance so could look at that option and go via LHR. Like to go to the middle east in Feb. Also looked at Doha but crazee prices.

Thing is you cannot price Dubai on BMI website as not in the dropdown. In fact is it just me or is the BMI website pretty naff. It is the only flight website that does not give prices until you have selected one of the many options. Then you get the price, which more often than not is silly money so when you click to select a different flight you always get an error message and have to start your search all over again.

Now find it easier to use Skyscanner to get a rough idea of prices and times and then take it from there.

Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:38 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Hi c2lass, I'm a bit confused what you are looking to do as you mention the BMI website, but this is the ANA tool thread for award seats - Are you looking for award seats or paid bookings?

If paid bookings then BD's website is notoriously poor and you are frequently better booking via another website, such as expedia, to get better prices and working connections. If award seats you'd have to ring up BD to book, you can look for virgin award seats on their website for free if you become a member of their Frequent Flier program, BD's website will only show you award seats for their own flights, and a limited number at that.

PS: SAS also fly to Dubai so you could do Aberdeen-Copenhagen-Dubai btw and you can check their award availability on the ANA website but this is the only single connection purely in the star alliance.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:42 am

Sorry for the confusion and the digression re BMI website. Yes I was using the ANA tool thread but not having much luck finding anything from ABZ. so was looking at BMI website as well to look for other options.

Cannot fly direct to Frankfurt from Aberdeen (Scotland) so that would be a two change journey which I really do not want. With BMI only option is to go via MAN or LHR.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by c2lass
I just realised Virgin are in Star Alliance
Virgin are not in the Star Alliance - for the purposes of bmi redemptions, they are a "partner", with their own, separate, table of miles required for an award flight.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:30 am

As far as I'm aware, the only 1-stop Star Alliance routing from ABZ to the Gulf is ABZ-CPH-DXB with SK. The CPH DXB flight is winter only. Otherwise it's a two stop journey on *A.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 6:52 am

Thanks guys and gals for the replies and the corrections. Lesson learned - do homework before you take out the credit card

Oh well I am sure we can use up the miles for a trip to Europe sometime as certainly looks like Middle East will be out of the equation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.