Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by SPGM

In my FFP [Spanair] only 30.000 miles are needed to get a First Class ticket from Europe to North America, and getting that amount of miles is more or less easy spending just around 25.000 US$ in AMEX SpanairPlus Card. AFAIK, a London to LAX ticket, First Class, is around 5.000 US$

Sounds too good to be true!

Any opinions? Thankx to all!
It's too good to be true, sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news.

Spanair Plus isn't based on miles, it's based on arbitrary points that are both very difficult to earn and almost worthless when it comes to redemptions. The sad truth is that JK+ is quite possibly the worst FFP on the planet, at least among airlines affiliated with an alliance. Redemptions in premium classes are on average three times more expensive than most other FFPs and in some cases six times more expensive than Diamond Club's C&M combined with a bit of creative thinking.

That said I recently posted a thread about how JK are reinventing their FFP and soliciting ideas from customers via the web. Unfortunately it seems the only customers to have embraced it are the ones who don't actually fly and are submitting ridiculous ideas. So I hold out little hope that "Spanair Star" will be anything better than JK+.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Plat, BA Gold, SPG Plat, HHo Gold
Hello Fellow FT'ers,

I have been trying to use this cherished ANA tool. Having singed up I'm getting to the avail check screen. However, Star Alliance is greyed out. It says, you have to have a certain number of miles before using it ...

ggrrrr.

Any other tool showing *A award availability, particularly I and O -- neither expertflyer (besides LX) nor KVS do the trick.

Thanks

Jan
Old Dec 31, 2010, 9:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by Jan@BRU
Hello Fellow FT'ers,

I have been trying to use this cherished ANA tool. Having singed up I'm getting to the avail check screen. However, Star Alliance is greyed out. It says, you have to have a certain number of miles before using it ...

ggrrrr.

Any other tool showing *A award availability, particularly I and O -- neither expertflyer (besides LX) nor KVS do the trick.

Thanks

Jan
Search for an ANA operated route first, like NRT-FRA, then afterwards the StarAlliance is not greyed out and will work^
Old Dec 31, 2010, 9:38 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Using the KVS Tool you can check award availability on all *A member carriers (AC/UA/CO/US/LH/LX/OS/SK/TP/LO/JK/BD/TK/SN/A3/SQ/NZ/NH/OZ/TG/CA/FM/SA/MS/JP/OU/KF):

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes
Old Dec 31, 2010, 4:03 pm

Hello Fellow FT'ers,

ggrrrr.

Thanks

Jan
The best and free way to do the *A award search is to use AwardNexus.com. It uses the same data as the ANA tool and uniquely allows for multi-day multi-city searches.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 6:21 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Thanks RACP for the guide to the ANA tool. I'm specifically searching for TG availability and I have come across the term: "RQ: Submit seat request to other airline". What does this mean practically - Is there award availability or not? or does it mean the ANA tool can't tell? Can anyone kindly enlighten me? thanks
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:47 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
RQ means 'request', so basically ANA cannot tell as the link is down. Refresh the screen and you may have better luck second time round.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
RQ means 'request', so basically ANA cannot tell as the link is down. Refresh the screen and you may have better luck second time round.
ANA has been buggy for the past couple of days. Lots of RQ responses coming back on airlines where they wouldn't normally happen, so there are definitely some data issues within the ANA interface at the moment.

Hopefully it will get sorted at some point soon. ANA are usually quite swift at sorting these problems out.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lopinc1
The best and free way to do the *A award search is to use AwardNexus.com. It uses the same data as the ANA tool and uniquely allows for multi-day multi-city searches.
As of today Awardnexus is a paid for service with limited free availability. It is a good tool though, along with KVS, so people just need to work out whether free access via ANA will suffice or not.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 7:41 pm

I have not been able to check *A award flights to OSL and other locations in Norway using ANA or the available Awardnexus. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old Jan 16, 2011, 3:49 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by sushanna1
I have not been able to check *A award flights to OSL and other locations in Norway using ANA or the available Awardnexus. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I found and booked a one way KSU-OSL in 4 days (being BD gold) yesterday.
Old Jan 16, 2011, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sushanna1
Where is it that you are you having problems. Is it just for flights to Norway, or are the Norway flights the only ones you are searching for? If you can help guide us to where you are having problems specifically, we may be able to help. Alternatively, what flights and dates are you looking at?

I've just searched and am finding flights to and from OSL with no problems. I've tried LHR-OSL-LHR, MAN-OSL-MAN and OSL-BKK-OSL to name a few routes and had no issues.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 7:38 am

Programs: 1K, Platinum Marriott, Platinum SPG, Platinum Priority, Chairmans Avis
Thanks for this!
Old Jan 30, 2011, 5:01 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Trying to book:
FLL-ORD CO Business
ORD-MUC LH Business
MUC-MAN LH Business

ANA shows business available on all flights, but ICC says FLL-ORD is only available in Economy. Same story for an other CO flight I find.

Any ideas?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by RAPC
MOD EDIT: Do you think you can no longer access the ANA Tool?
They have blocked the Star Alliance search button on the first page only. The workaround: do a search for an ANA operated international service, e.g.ICN-NRT. When you get the results, you'll notice the *A button below now magically works. Click it and the over-type the pre-populated fields with the routing you want - and off you go...^
I’m in! Now what?
You will be presented by three main options:

1) ANA International Flight Awards
2) Star Alliance Partner Awards
3) Single Airline Partner Awards
I just joined the ANA Mileage Club in order to access the Star Alliance award flight availability tool. I have followed the instructions above - and have checked the website (ANA's North America/USA site) carefully but have been unable to find the "ANA tool". The closest I can find is a page saying "Partner Flight Awards" (not: "Star Alliance Partner Awards") - but that simply brings me to lots of information (terms mainly) but not to the search-for-available-flights function I seek.

Can anyone advise me on this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.