Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bmi FAQ No.4: Redemptions - Finding Award seats : the ANA online tool masterclass

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:30 am

Programs: QF, VA, VN, BA, SQ, KC - all reds and blues.
Glad you have found out how to use the tool Mahajanvikas - you will find it makes redemptions so much easier.

The messages are of no consequence. You cannot book using the ANA website, but you can take careful note of the gold circles (availability) and armed with that information, you can point the call centre people in the right direction to the flights you want. The best tip is to use the flight search where you can look for multiple legs.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: AY plat, EB gold, LH Sen
Is the ANA toll down?

It shows REQUEST (black triangle) on all flights on all dates I tried.
Even on 77W and A380!

Different routes, different dates tried but same result.
It was working fine about an hour ago!
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:16 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahajanvikas
Is the ANA toll down?

It shows REQUEST (black triangle) on all flights on all dates I tried.
Even on 77W and A380!

Different routes, different dates tried but same result.
It was working fine about an hour ago!
It is the same issue as previously discussed at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...ist-award.html
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
It is the same issue as previously discussed at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...ist-award.html
No - the system is/was down and everything shows/showed as gold triangles. Hopefully it is/soon will be up and running again.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 1:21 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mr H
No - the system is/was down and everything shows/showed as gold triangles. Hopefully it is/soon will be up and running again.
And that's exactly what that thread was about -- gold triangles indicate waitlisting or system unavailability.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
And that's exactly what that thread was about -- gold triangles indicate waitlisting or system unavailability.

Well, it really was about "@" rather than gold triangles.

Anyway, still no joy, the systems are down as of now.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
Sorry - I didn't spot the hyperlink. I thought you just meant that the symbol indicated being on a waitlist.

Mahajanvikas - please - you would make your life so much easier and cause less friction if you dealt with your problem on one single thread rather than duplicating. You have seen that people are trying to help you so you don't need to post all over the place. It just pisses people off.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by Mr H
Sorry - I didn't spot the hyperlink. I thought you just meant that the symbol indicated being on a waitlist.

Mahajanvikas - please - you would make your life so much easier and cause less friction if you dealt with your problem on one single thread rather than duplicating. You have seen that people are trying to help you so you don't need to post all over the place. It just pisses people off.
With all respect, I do not see this as duplicating at all.
The thread KVS mentioned clearly indicates my question regarding the KVS software which I subscribed to and was not working. KVS, very kindly explained the reasons for that on that thread.

Now when I was directed towards the use of the ANA tool, I did that and came up with a problem on ANA tool and asked if it was me or the whole system was down as it was showing "Request/Waitlisting" on all sorts of flights.
How on earth am I, or for that matter any newbie suppossed to know that the "@" in KVS and the "black triangles" in ANA are suppossed to mean the same problem?
Old Mar 13, 2009, 5:34 pm

Programs: FB, BA, AC, MM,
Triangle = On Request - What does this mean?

hi guys

i was checking out the ana site tonight for a particular flight that has been sold out for weeks and it is all triangles now. this is the symbol used to indicate 'on request available'. i thought it too good to be true and checked out a random route on random dates and found everything was triangles.

ok, i'll assume this is an error or otherwise, everything is actually on request available throughout the world, according to ana.

1) is this likely an error?

2) what is 'on request' practically speaking and how likely and when would it be confirmed?

3) how does the ICC handle this?

4) anybody have any examples of how/if this works?

Thanks! A
Old Mar 13, 2009, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Gimme, Gimme, Gimme

1) is this likely an error?

2) what is 'on request' practically speaking and how likely and when would it be confirmed?

3) how does the ICC handle this?

4) anybody have any examples of how/if this works?

ANA isn't working properly at the moment. The on request functions and features only apply to ANA, so are irrelevant for Diamond Club. You can't put in a request for a redemption as it has to be available to be redeemed.

Hope that helps - basically wait for ANA to work properly again and take it from there.
Old Mar 14, 2009, 3:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Gimme, Gimme, Gimme
hi guys
Hi G G G and welcome to Flyertalk and the bmi board ^.

I've added your question to the "ANA master thread", where there's some more info on its quirks.

O F
bmi mod team
Old Mar 14, 2009, 7:01 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
ANA is still not working properly since earlier this morning. First showing me triangles (or actually @ via KVStool), and now some message about currently experiencing system maintenances.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 9:51 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
and still not working today
Old Mar 15, 2009, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by gallagher
and still not working today
It is working in very short bursts. Basically there seems to be a random 5 minute window every hour when it spurts into life. Managed to pull off some availablilities earlier before it went down again.
Old Mar 15, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by RAPC
It is working in very short bursts.
It feels like they are having an IT maintenance weekend over at ANA. Just tried again and it works at this very moment. Still no availability for what I'm looking for though...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.