Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 10:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
Now, a thought:
I did the math on booking via the bmi portal vs booking through Wyndham directly, and the added €10 for 500 miles put the cost up from 0.65 €cpm to 0.75 €cpm. Both of these are fantastic cpm rates, but for what I'm seeing, it's just not that worth it. But in case anyone else finds a great rate and can book it via the bmi portal, do you think the promo would work? Or do we have to book through the wyndham site directly?
Anyone knows if nights booked through flybmi.com will be eligible?
Old Feb 6, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
My guess is NO, because it is really an Expedia portal.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 1:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
My guess is NO, because it is really an Expedia portal.
I certainly wouldn't risk it either.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by abcx
notquiteaff: if you find out how liberal they are about letting you check in with another person's name, please do report back.
I spent the afternoon there yesterday (well, 10 mins of it). At check-in they asked for credit card and ID. I didn't ask if I could check in if the registration was in another name. The more I think about it, the hassle might just not be worth the 5k miles for $42 + gas + time. Maybe I was spoiled by the US TIB deal.

Then again, it would be fairly easy to try: just make two reservations in two names, and try to check in for both. If they deny the second one, cancel that one. Just make sure you're there before the cancellation deadline (6pm).
Old Feb 6, 2010, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I spent the afternoon there yesterday (well, 10 mins of it). At check-in they asked for credit card and ID. I didn't ask if I could check in if the registration was in another name. The more I think about it, the hassle might just not be worth the 5k miles for $42 + gas + time. Maybe I was spoiled by the US TIB deal.

Then again, it would be fairly easy to try: just make two reservations in two names, and try to check in for both. If they deny the second one, cancel that one. Just make sure you're there before the cancellation deadline (6pm).
Thanks. Yeah, I went big on the TIB deal. I think this would be a lot more valuable if BMI did not charge YQ on awards.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 7:38 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
I'm sure bmi thanks you all too - Wyndham has to pay for all these miles, so it will be a cash positive experience for the airline.

Of course, all the "I've never flown with bmi" people will have failed to have noticed the new programme rule stating that you cannot make a redemption until you have flown and credited a bmi metal segment in your current DC membership year.

Just kidding - no such rule!!! :-)

That is just plain EVIL. Nice Job.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 7:51 pm

Programs: LH SEN, US Div.; BMI DC; PC Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Gold;Club Carlson
I'm sure bmi thanks you all too - Wyndham has to pay for all these miles, so it will be a cash positive experience for the airline.

Of course, all the "I've never flown with bmi" people will have failed to have noticed the new programme rule stating that you cannot make a redemption until you have flown and credited a bmi metal segment in your current DC membership year.

Just kidding - no such rule!!! :-)

tried to find that new rule in the T&C, but was not succesfull; is a flight with BMI Baby also fullfilling this requirement ?
Old Feb 6, 2010, 8:41 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by rotwein
tried to find that new rule in the T&C, but was not succesfull; is a flight with BMI Baby also fullfilling this requirement ?
use your mouse and highlight the entire quote
Old Feb 6, 2010, 9:02 pm

Your dry humor just freaked me out!
Old Feb 7, 2010, 4:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by RAPC
I certainly wouldn't risk it either.
You are probably correct, but its at least a bit strange, that BMI promotes this, and you dont earn the miles when booking through them

How about dayroom rates?
Old Feb 7, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Originally Posted by travelkid
You are probably correct, but its at least a bit strange, that BMI promotes this, and you dont earn the miles when booking through them
NOW you're starting to understand BMI!
Old Feb 7, 2010, 9:09 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by travelkid
You don't book hotels through bmi though, it is merely another partner via their site.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 9:20 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Of course this promo gas to come out right when the olympics have jacked all the rates up in my area....
Old Feb 7, 2010, 1:08 pm

Ramada in Edinburgh is £55. Just up the road from where I usually stay. Might give the payandnotstay a go; but then again I might even stay here the four times and then the company pays. I wonder how acceptable the hotel actually is.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 1:37 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
The toiletaries were sqeezy bottles attached the the wall; the only thing to take home, apart from 2 stick of coffee, 1 decaff and 2 teabags (powdered milk... bleugh!) was a pen and a small pad of paper by the phone.

And 5k miles, of course!
My £25 Days Inn came with 4 bags of the finest Twinings English, and 4 sashays of Kenco.

And 6, count them, six, little pots of UHT milk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.