Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Old Feb 6, 10, 10:38 am
  #106  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Posts: 3,360
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn View Post
Now, a thought:
I did the math on booking via the bmi portal vs booking through Wyndham directly, and the added 10 for 500 miles put the cost up from 0.65 cpm to 0.75 cpm. Both of these are fantastic cpm rates, but for what I'm seeing, it's just not that worth it. But in case anyone else finds a great rate and can book it via the bmi portal, do you think the promo would work? Or do we have to book through the wyndham site directly?
Anyone knows if nights booked through flybmi.com will be eligible?
travelkid is offline  
Old Feb 6, 10, 1:25 pm
  #107  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: DUB - Ireland
Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Posts: 8,526
My guess is NO, because it is really an Expedia portal.
GoldCircle is offline  
Old Feb 6, 10, 1:28 pm
  #108  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manchester, England
Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Posts: 7,348
Originally Posted by GoldCircle View Post
My guess is NO, because it is really an Expedia portal.
I certainly wouldn't risk it either.
RAPC is offline  
Old Feb 6, 10, 3:59 pm
  #109  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pacific Northwest
Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVP, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, IHG Plat, ...
Posts: 9,406
Originally Posted by abcx View Post
notquiteaff: if you find out how liberal they are about letting you check in with another person's name, please do report back.
I spent the afternoon there yesterday (well, 10 mins of it). At check-in they asked for credit card and ID. I didn't ask if I could check in if the registration was in another name. The more I think about it, the hassle might just not be worth the 5k miles for $42 + gas + time. Maybe I was spoiled by the US TIB deal.

Then again, it would be fairly easy to try: just make two reservations in two names, and try to check in for both. If they deny the second one, cancel that one. Just make sure you're there before the cancellation deadline (6pm).
notquiteaff is offline  
Old Feb 6, 10, 4:04 pm
  #110  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SFO/EWR/DEL
Programs: UA 1K, MR Gold, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,521
Originally Posted by notquiteaff View Post
I spent the afternoon there yesterday (well, 10 mins of it). At check-in they asked for credit card and ID. I didn't ask if I could check in if the registration was in another name. The more I think about it, the hassle might just not be worth the 5k miles for $42 + gas + time. Maybe I was spoiled by the US TIB deal.

Then again, it would be fairly easy to try: just make two reservations in two names, and try to check in for both. If they deny the second one, cancel that one. Just make sure you're there before the cancellation deadline (6pm).
Thanks. Yeah, I went big on the TIB deal. I think this would be a lot more valuable if BMI did not charge YQ on awards.
abcx is offline  
Old Feb 6, 10, 7:38 pm
  #111  
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Cleveland
Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Posts: 5,054
Originally Posted by GoldCircle View Post
I'm sure bmi thanks you all too - Wyndham has to pay for all these miles, so it will be a cash positive experience for the airline.

Of course, all the "I've never flown with bmi" people will have failed to have noticed the new programme rule stating that you cannot make a redemption until you have flown and credited a bmi metal segment in your current DC membership year.

Just kidding - no such rule!!! :-)




That is just plain EVIL. Nice Job.
beaubo is offline  
Old Feb 6, 10, 7:51 pm
  #112  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VIE, Buchs
Programs: LH SEN, US Div.; BMI DC; PC Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Gold;Club Carlson
Posts: 85
Originally Posted by GoldCircle View Post
I'm sure bmi thanks you all too - Wyndham has to pay for all these miles, so it will be a cash positive experience for the airline.

Of course, all the "I've never flown with bmi" people will have failed to have noticed the new programme rule stating that you cannot make a redemption until you have flown and credited a bmi metal segment in your current DC membership year.

Just kidding - no such rule!!! :-)

tried to find that new rule in the T&C, but was not succesfull; is a flight with BMI Baby also fullfilling this requirement ?
rotwein is offline  
Old Feb 6, 10, 8:41 pm
  #113  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Melbourne/Bangkok
Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Posts: 2,245
Originally Posted by rotwein View Post
tried to find that new rule in the T&C, but was not succesfull; is a flight with BMI Baby also fullfilling this requirement ?
use your mouse and highlight the entire quote
Aussie_flyer is offline  
Old Feb 6, 10, 9:02 pm
  #114  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 7,028
Your dry humor just freaked me out!
rrgg is offline  
Old Feb 7, 10, 4:26 am
  #115  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Posts: 3,360
Originally Posted by RAPC View Post
I certainly wouldn't risk it either.
You are probably correct, but its at least a bit strange, that BMI promotes this, and you dont earn the miles when booking through them

How about dayroom rates?
travelkid is offline  
Old Feb 7, 10, 9:03 am
  #116  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: MSP
Programs: DL PlatMM, BA Silver, AlaskaAir Gold, HHonors DIA, Accor Silver, Marriott Silver, IHG Plat, TK/UA/AA
Posts: 3,941
Originally Posted by travelkid View Post
You are probably correct, but its at least a bit strange, that BMI promotes this, and you dont earn the miles when booking through them
NOW you're starting to understand BMI!
kyushuman is offline  
Old Feb 7, 10, 9:09 am
  #117  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manchester, England
Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Posts: 7,348
Originally Posted by travelkid View Post
You are probably correct, but its at least a bit strange, that BMI promotes this, and you dont earn the miles when booking through them
You don't book hotels through bmi though, it is merely another partner via their site.
RAPC is offline  
Old Feb 7, 10, 9:20 am
  #118  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Posts: 600
Of course this promo gas to come out right when the olympics have jacked all the rates up in my area....
erasmus99 is offline  
Old Feb 7, 10, 1:08 pm
  #119  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London
Posts: 2,303
Ramada in Edinburgh is 55. Just up the road from where I usually stay. Might give the payandnotstay a go; but then again I might even stay here the four times and then the company pays. I wonder how acceptable the hotel actually is.
kryten22uk is offline  
Old Feb 7, 10, 1:37 pm
  #120  
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Englandshire
Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Posts: 12,339
Originally Posted by GoldCircle View Post
The toiletaries were sqeezy bottles attached the the wall; the only thing to take home, apart from 2 stick of coffee, 1 decaff and 2 teabags (powdered milk... bleugh!) was a pen and a small pad of paper by the phone.

And 5k miles, of course!
My 25 Days Inn came with 4 bags of the finest Twinings English, and 4 sashays of Kenco.

And 6, count them, six, little pots of UHT milk.
Oxon Flyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: