Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by dustenm
Ok, so then that is not an option to do. I am trying to figure out how to also get the points for my girlfriend who lives overseas. I wondering If I make 2 reservations one under my name and one under hers but use my credit card for both if the hotel will allow me to checkin for her since its my card and I am paying? I could just say she is coming later and I want to checkin and pay for the room for her right?
1) Make the reservation under her name, with her BMI/Wyndham#.
2) Call the hotel and say that you'll be checking in first, her later
3) Check in
4) Pay the bill
5) Wait for BMI miles to post
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:28 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by SASfan
Correct.

Here are the T&Cs from the Wyndham site:
Which, if you actually read them carefully (or look at a post at the start of this thread), you will realise is the source of the confusion people are asking about, not the answer.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by David-A
Which, if you actually read them carefully (or look at a post at the start of this thread), you will realise is the source of the confusion people are asking about, not the answer.
Ok, then please tell me - what is difficult to understand about this:

(ii) book a reservation for and complete a stay at a hotel participating in the Wyndham Rewards programme at a qualifying rate between 3 February 2010 and 28 February 2010 (the “Promotion Period”) and (iii) complete their stay by 28 March 2010. Members who check-out after 28 March 2010 will not receive any bonus miles.

To me this is perfectly clear:

1) Make your stay in Feb '10
2) Check out NLT 28 Mar 10

That is why I copy/pasted the T&Cs.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:50 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Ok, then please tell me - what is difficult to understand about this:

(ii) book a reservation for and complete a stay at a hotel participating in the Wyndham Rewards programme at a qualifying rate between 3 February 2010 and 28 February 2010
I think that'll do it.

And, please, let's keep the tone anywhere between cilvil and frivolous.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I think that'll do it.
Thanks for the support, GoldCircle. ^
Old Feb 9, 2010, 11:56 am

Anyone know if you would be able to claim for the same night in two seperate hotels? I can get 3 nights easily, but as there isn't a hotel close by for a reasonable price I'm stuggling to get the last night to claim max points. However the town I am booking three nights in has a second Wyndham hotel and the price there has dropped, so thinking of booking that one for one of the three nights as well.

Edit: Have just booked 3 nights, will think about the 4th. 3nights for under 100euros so happy with that After booking did anyone else get the pop up offering you 1000 Wyndham points if you sign up to their 'get fun' promotional club. Apparently it was $1 for 30 days and then $15.99 each month after that!!!

Last edited by mel.b; Feb 9, 2010 at 12:19 pm
Old Feb 9, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
on the WW site, a KI near me is selling rooms for $34/night - expedia has the same ones for $24. I guess the XP rate won't get me the miles, right?
Old Feb 9, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
on the WW site, a KI near me is selling rooms for $34/night - expedia has the same ones for $24. I guess the XP rate won't get me the miles, right?
No, but can't you BRG claim via Wyndham instead so that they match it and take an additional 10% off?
Old Feb 9, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by RAPC
No, but can't you BRG claim via Wyndham instead so that they match it and take an additional 10% off?
oh yeah - completely forgot about that. Thank you!
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Oh-so-thank-U, Yyliu88! Too bad I'll be on vacation on Caribbean islands Feb. 13--March 2 where there are no Wyndham hotels !
Oh well, I can stay at a HoJo in my hometown tonight for $34++, which is halfway between home & my favorite karaoke bar. Save $5 on taxi fare coming home tonight & the bus ride to fetch my car tomorrow is easier & more direct from there than from home!
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Thanks for the support, GoldCircle. ^
Actually I think GoldCircle was possibly agreeing it was unclear...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/13324828-post2.html

Sorry if I was blunt. The second post in the thread highlighted it (i.e. it's not burried deep in page 107 of the IHG thread etc) so I thought it was sufficently easy to see why people were saying there was some dificulty confusion in them, even if it is possible to miss it on the first read.

---

Anyway:

(ii) book a reservation for and complete a stay at a hotel participating in the Wyndham Rewards programme at a qualifying rate between 3 February 2010 and 28 February 2010 (the “Promotion Period”) and (iii) complete their stay by 28 March 2010. Members who check-out after 28 March 2010 will not receive any bonus miles.
So, the question is, is it March or February?
Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by David-A

So, the question is, is it March or February?
When I called to check that Ramada Encore was included (it is) the agent ran through the promo and was clear that it was until the end of Feb, with up to a maximum stay of a month if checking in at the end of the Feb period.

If you want further clarification, then call the customer service number to double check.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 3:45 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
I do agree they have worded it poorly by using the complete their stay twice, with two different dates.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:46 pm

1) Make the reservation under her name, with her BMI/Wyndham#.
2) Call the hotel and say that you'll be checking in first, her later
3) Check in
4) Pay the bill
5) Wait for BMI miles to post

Ok, this is what I will do. Thanks for the info.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:41 pm

Well, on further thought, I've decided that this is not good value after all. Here's why:

Zone 3 to Zone 1 rt in C is: 37500 + 210GBP = 37.5k + $330 + YQ of at least $250.
Cost = $300 (@$40/night * 7.5 nights) + $330 + $250 = $880.

The same could have been had for $700 on US during the TIB promotion. So, good for a C class ticket if you didn't splurge on TIB, but not that great otherwise. Anyone care to dispute my analysis?

Last edited by abcx; Feb 9, 2010 at 8:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.