Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum; Insomnia Cookies
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Ts and Cs say:

Rates offered by most online travel agencies and certain other rates such as wholesale, group, packaged and employee rates do not qualify for this promotion.

Are AAA rates considered group rates, or are they allowable?
I called the customer service line this afternoon, because I wondered about my University's rate.

According to the service rep, AAA rates always qualify for this promotion.

My University's rate (20% off, not 10%) is only sometimes miles earning. I'd have to call each time to check. This seems really strange, but I guess it's how group/packaged rates work.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I just want to welcome all the strangers to the bmi board (Americans, BA people, Senior Mods, rednecks etc.) that have been drawn in by this promotion. You might even be tempted to fly with bmi one day, perhaps?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
I just want to welcome all the strangers to the bmi board (Americans, BA people, Senior Mods, rednecks etc.) that have been drawn in by this promotion. You might even be tempted to fly with bmi one day, perhaps?
Well if they just started F flights, to burn their own DC points
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:52 pm
Community Director Emerita

Now, now. I'm happy to have my BMI gold card BMI flight free.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
I've flown BD!

Somehow, I managed to get upgraded to biz on LHR-EDI, back before I had any status whatsoever (2002 or so). I was the only one up front for that flight.

ETA - If they'd put the A330s back to the Caribbean, I'd be all over it. As it stands now, visiting a "Stan" is about the best I can hope for from BD.

Last edited by Anglo Large Clawed Otter; Feb 5, 2010 at 2:03 pm
Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: rapidly diminishing
Heh. Works beautifully for us, as Niagara Falls is a mere 40 mins down the road, mum is arriving tomorrow morning for a 3 week stay, and for about $50/night (including tax - I think the $42 rates that were mentioned earlier in the thread are ex-tax) it's a no-brainer. Similar rates across the border, which means we can make a planned shopping trip an overnighter (which is good for us Canadian residents..) - all-round WINs a-plenty ^

FWIW, Days Inn BUF also seems to be coming up with similarly low rates. Might be good for anyone planning a last-minute MR... *looks at UA travel credit burning a virtual hole in his pocket*

(Goldcircle - I can sleep easy, as we used to fly BD for LHR-MAN over Virgin trains when we lived in the UK, and Mrs Sofasurfer will be doing the same in just over a week's time. I'll be heading home on AC from T3, but she gets to flex her newly minted *S in a lounge in T1. Every little helps, as I think folk still say over there

(wish they'd bring back a north American service, though - hell, I'd have even gone via ORD from here to give PE a go from what I've heard about it..)
Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Anglo Large Clawed Otter
I was the only one up front for that flight.
Not an uncommon thing on bmi in recent years, alas!

Was Inn and out again in less than ten minutes this evening (Talbot St Days Inn, Dublin); I asked the chap on duty could I negotiate a better rate on the understanding that I don't go near the room, after a puzzled look followed by a quick explanation, he said he'd speak to the GM and let me know when I return on Sunday. ^

I love household acounts!

Last edited by GoldCircle; Feb 14, 2010 at 2:26 pm
Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: A festering pit; a pustule of a fistula set athwart the miasmic swamps of the armpit of the Gulf of Mexico - a Godforsaken wart upon a dark crevasse of the World. (IAH)
Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold
So I've heard. I doubt having a highly irregular (and subject to rapid, inscrutable change) business model has helped them in this regard. BD has certainly been schizophrenic in its approach to business the past several years.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:11 pm

Programs: BD-G(RIP); BA-bronze

Was Inn and out again in less than ten minutes thie evening; I asked the chap on duty could I negotiate a better rate on the understanding that I don't go near the room, after a puzzled look followed by a quick explanation, he said he'd speak to the GM and let me know when I return on Sunday. ^

I love household acounts!
What should I expect? Any decent toileteries or sachets of de-caff for awkward visitors to be had?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:12 pm

The toiletaries were sqeezy bottles attached the the wall; the only thing to take home, apart from 2 stick of coffee, 1 decaff and 2 teabags (powdered milk... bleugh!) was a pen and a small pad of paper by the phone.

And 5k miles, of course!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
No car makes a trip to the M25 services rather difficult.
Or to the most of the cheap Day Inns - they all seem to be on a side of a motorway

Other than Manchester City Centre Day Inn, anything else near a train station?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:13 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The toiletaries were sqeezy bottles attached the the wall; the only thing to take home, apart from 2 stick of coffee, 1 decaff and 2 teabags (powdered milk... bleugh!) was a pen and a small pad of paper by the phone.

And 5k miles, of course!
For those whose hotel toiletries collection is too large already, BMI has done us a favor.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GUWonder
For those whose hotel toiletries collection is too large already, BMI has done us a favor.
I was hoping for Molton Brown's finest at the Super 8 this weekend.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
Does anyone know which of these brands tend to be the cheaper ones?

Baymont Inn & Suites®
Days Inn®
Hawthorn Suites® by Wyndham,
Howard Johnson®
Knights Inn®
Microtel Inn & Suites®
Ramada®,
Super 8®
Travelodge® (US hotels only)
Wingate® by Wyndham
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® branded hotels.
Last summer I posted average daily rates for Wyndham Hotel brands in this Loyalty traveler post.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/loyalt...-hotel-brands/

Knights Inn by far the lowest rate.

Locally here in Monterey hotels are $40 to $50 most nights Sunday through Thursday from February 14 to end of month. We have lots of these properties to choose from and several located on the same street.

Bring your family and book everyone in the same hotel or different hotels and earn 20,000 miles x whatever number of family members you can get to tag along. A cheap business class international air ticket while vacationing in Monterey.

Then just slip out at night for the Hyatt Highlands Inn Carmel Highlands using your FFN.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Now, now. I'm happy to have my BMI gold card BMI flight free.
Hear, hear! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.