Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
But will it still credit the 5k miles? It works in Dublin too, but for a saving of €7, I'm not sure I'd risk it.
it saves me another $3 per night, but don't want to risk it
Old Feb 4, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
I stayed in a Ramada recently: it wasn't very nice, they lost my reservation then charged me for a no-show on the "lost" reservation, and now I've discovered that the Wyndham Rewards (nee TripRewards) account that I thought I was crediting it to has been closed (presumably due to inactivity, because all their hotels are in the "only when no other option" category...).

But 5k miles, now that's more tempting...
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:18 pm
Community Director Emerita

Does anyone know which of these brands tend to be the cheaper ones?

Baymont Inn & Suites®
Days Inn®
Hawthorn Suites® by Wyndham,
Howard Johnson®
Knights Inn®
Microtel Inn & Suites®
Ramada®,
Super 8®
Travelodge® (US hotels only)
Wingate® by Wyndham
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® branded hotels.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:22 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
All of them except Wyndham Hotels and possibly Ramada - but that depends on your country.

My first, and last but three, stay at Days Inn takes place tomorrow. Between 6pm and 6.10 pm.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
Others asked but no one answered.

Has anyone successfully registered? When some of us try to on the Wyndham Rewards site, the Register button gives us their custom 404 "We couldn't find what you were looking for" page.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Does anyone know which of these brands tend to be the cheaper ones?

Hotels participating in this promotion
are Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites® by Wyndham,
Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Microtel Inn & Suites® Ramada®,
Super 8®, Travelodge® (US hotels only), Wingate® by Wyndham and
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® branded hotels.
Days/Days Inn, Super 8, Travelodge, Microtel are the ones that I often find to be the cheaper of the group but they are all pretty cheap save Ramadas, Wyndhams and Howard Johnsons in some vicinities..

You can do a Wyndham brands wide search on the corporate home page:
http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com/
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by ArizonaGuy
Others asked but no one answered.

Has anyone successfully registered? When some of us try to on the Wyndham Rewards site, the Register button gives us their custom 404 "We couldn't find what you were looking for" page.
Nope - I'll be putting a call in to them tomorrow to see if they can register me over the phone.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by RAPC
Nope - I'll be putting a call in to them tomorrow to see if they can register me over the phone.
Did you try to use the "Join Now" button on this http://www.wyndhamrewards.com/uk/bmi/ to register? It seems like the requirement to be part of the promotion doesn't require registering for the promotion specifically. The equivalent of registering for this promotion involves having joined Wyndham's reward program and having selected BMI miles as the earning option. If you've done that, directly book your stays with Wyndham hotels and do your stays during the promotional period, then it seems like you should be good for the promotion for up to 4 stays without having to take any additional steps.

I used the above link to join up and selected a US mailing address -- that seemed to process fine.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Did you try to use the "Join Now" button on this http://www.wyndhamrewards.com/uk/bmi/ to register?
I think you're right. As part of the registration, it automatically chose bmi miles for me, and I had to give it my bmi membership number.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Good promo.

I'm finding $37'ish USD options locally. Time to load up. ^
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hyatt DIA, *W/IC Plat, HH Gold, A3 *G, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by yyliu88
it saves me another $3 per night, but don't want to risk it
Why would adding a corporate code not work?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by SASfan
Why would adding a corporate code not work?
Ts and Cs say:

Rates offered by most online travel agencies and certain other rates such as wholesale, group, packaged and employee rates do not qualify for this promotion.

Are AAA rates considered group rates, or are they allowable?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 6:48 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
VERY CONFUSED

The conditions say its valid at "Hotels participating in this promotion are Baymont Inn & Suites®, Days Inn®, Hawthorn Suites® by Wyndham, Howard Johnson®, Knights Inn®, Microtel Inn & Suites® Ramada®, Super 8®, Travelodge® (US hotels only), Wingate® by Wyndham and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts® branded hotels."

Of which there is only 4 operated in Australia but there is numerous in Thailand and Indonesia also (ones which I might use). However, then when you click the link saying for a list of countries that participate go here:
http://www.wyndhamrewards.com/UK/earn/hotels/countries/

there is no mention of a lot of the countries in which they have hotels (including Australia)! So, will I earn at the for example, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham 13th Beach Ocean Grove, Victoria AU or not?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by abcx
Would have to be less than $35/night (the rate for 5k miles during the US Airways Track It Back promotion) for me to take advantage of this.

Decent if you can find a place for 10-15 GBP in the UK. No such luck in the Bay Area.
Travelodge San Francisco Airport North has rooms for $39.00 + tax, not terrible.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Ts and Cs say:

Rates offered by most online travel agencies and certain other rates such as wholesale, group, packaged and employee rates do not qualify for this promotion.

Are AAA rates considered group rates, or are they allowable?
AAA is eligible rate for sure, I used AAA rate for stay 3 get 10K promotion last year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.