Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo: Earn 5000 BMI miles per stay with Wyndham Hotel Group : Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 11:00 pm

Attractive promo, but sadly I cannot partake.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:03 am

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by yyliu88
I just found this offer on BMI website, from Feb 3rd-Feb 28th, earn 5000 miles per stay and limit 4 times at any Wyndham®, Ramada®, Days Inn®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Baymont Inn and Suites®, Microtel Inns & Suites®, Hawthorn Suites®, Howard Johnson®, Travelodge® (U.S. hotels only) and Knights Inn® hotels.

change your rewards profile partner to BMI, then I guess miles will be posted automatically

It 's time to find some cheap Days Inn!!!

that's in addition to 500/1000 base miles
Does anyone know for sure that the additional 500/1000 base miles are earned for this promotion? It looks like that we get the 4000 miles instead of the base when I read the T & C
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by whakojacko
Travelodge San Francisco Airport North has rooms for $39.00 + tax, not terrible.
$35 with AAA discount. With tax $42.

Wonder how strict they are about the person on the reservation actually being there at check-in time, i.e., can I book one room in my name and one in my wife's and just check in for both of them.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:41 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Signed up with no problems.

Tried accessing one of their hotels' website and of course the website is not properly configured. Perfect match for bmi.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Perfect match for bmi.
Haha. Been a while since BMI launched one of these schemes.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
my local Days is offering weekend rooms at £25.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 1:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by GUWonder
It seems like the requirement to be part of the promotion doesn't require registering for the promotion specifically. The equivalent of registering for this promotion involves having joined Wyndham's reward program and having selected BMI miles as the earning option.
That all makes sense thinking about it - thanks for the clarification.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 2:27 am

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
$41 all-in for pre-paid rate at Knights Inn outside Cleveland
Old Feb 5, 2010, 5:09 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
As an Irish member, I am astounded to see that WR has a meaningful contribution for Irish members - including Irish buy and spend partners. Pleasantly surprised. ^
You're telling me! I've got a bead on a €39 room in Waterford for a nice break next weekend which should tick a lot of boxes. And for once, bmicarrental is cheaper than Hertz! Not the best cpm ever, but it's a good weekend away.

Originally Posted by rankourabu
CAD$40 (GBP23) for a night in Niagara Falls and 5000 points ... hmmm tempting
Unless you're staying at the Knights Inn. Honestly, there are only two things that look good about that place: the free parking across the street and 10 minute walk to town (where we kept parking to avoid the extortionate Niagara Falls parking charges) and the time-warp factor that makes it look like the 1950s. I'd almost stay there if it could really make me feel like I was in a B-52s video.

Now, a thought:
I did the math on booking via the bmi portal vs booking through Wyndham directly, and the added €10 for 500 miles put the cost up from 0.65 €cpm to 0.75 €cpm. Both of these are fantastic cpm rates, but for what I'm seeing, it's just not that worth it. But in case anyone else finds a great rate and can book it via the bmi portal, do you think the promo would work? Or do we have to book through the wyndham site directly?

Last edited by DJ Bitterbarn; Feb 5, 2010 at 5:22 am Reason: Did the math again...
Old Feb 5, 2010, 5:09 am

Programs: AC SE, BA silver
Sorry for the OT, but can someone remind me how to convert an old blue plus (rip) number to a new DC number? Drop the initial 3 and add 4 zeros in front?

I want to sign up for Wyndham with the new number, but only have the card with the old number... and as we all know logging in to check the number has not been possible for several days

Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 5:14 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Originally Posted by iwillflytheworld
Sorry for the OT, but can someone remind me how to convert an old blue plus (rip) number to a new DC number? Drop the initial 3 and add 4 zeros in front?
Correct. Drop the status number (the 3 in your case) and add 4 zeros like you say.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 5:35 am

Programs: BD-G(RIP); BA-bronze
3 nights at the Days Inn Scratchwood services and Valentines night at the Wyndham, Chelsea Harbour all booked!

Worth noting that consecutive nights in the same hotel count as one stay.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 6:27 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Originally Posted by RAPC
Correct. Drop the status number (the 3 in your case) and add 4 zeros like you say.
my dad's new 11 digit number has a 1 in front!?!
Old Feb 5, 2010, 6:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by rareair
3 nights at the Days Inn Scratchwood
It seems like all the UK's motorway service area Days Inns will be heaving with Flyertalkers in February.....
Old Feb 5, 2010, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
After all these years, I'd never have thought I'd be back looking at Days Inn again.

Even the regular bmi miles earnings are useful (I imagine the bonus offer replaces these pro tem):
Earn 1000 Destinations Miles per night, with a maximum of 5000 miles per stay regardless of the length of that eligible stay, when staying in a participating Wyndham Hotels and Resorts hotel.

Earn 1000 Destinations Miles per stay, regardless of the length of that eligible stay, when staying in a participating Ramada, Wingate by Wyndham hotel or Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham hotel.

Earn 500 Destinations Miles per stay, regardless of the length of that eligible stay, when staying in a participating Days Inn, Baymont Inn & Suites, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge (US only), Microtel Inns and Suites or Knights Inn hotel.
As always, I'm suspicious of that word 'participating'. How are we supposed to know which hotels are participating?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.