Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avis Fleet List (US & Canada Cars by Class)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2024, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Giblets
Off to MIA in October, I've put down for a minivan (Chrysler Pacifica), what would be considered an upgrade on that?
Maybe an SUV of some sort? Most upgrade codes or benefits do not extend beyond midsize SUVs, so there would be no upgrade from a minivan in a case like that.

-J.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 8:14 am

Programs: AA : GOLD
I just wanted to add a data point. I rented a Premium SUV around New Years out of PHL and I received an Infiniti QX80. I expected to get a Suburban or Yukon XL, but I didn't really care what I got as long as it had 8 seats. This model of the QX80 did have 8 seats, so it was good enough for me. I will say that the trunk is pretty small if you are using all rows, but we managed.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 11:05 am

Anyone rented a Jeep Wrangler at OGG lately? Which trim did you get? We'd like to use the audio tour apps so we hope it comes with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto or at least Bluetooth. The Jeep Wrangler on Avis' website doesn't have the Bluetooth logo so I'm a little concerned.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by pcgeek
Anyone rented a Jeep Wrangler at OGG lately? Which trim did you get? We'd like to use the audio tour apps so we hope it comes with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto or at least Bluetooth. The Jeep Wrangler on Avis' website doesn't have the Bluetooth logo so I'm a little concerned.
Bluetooth is standard on Wranglers across the trimlines. AppleCarplay/Android auto depends
IAHtraveler and pcgeek like this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:32 pm

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
Does anyone know what I'm likely to get for a Z group booking at JFK with Budget?
Old Mar 15, 2024, 6:31 pm

Did something happen to the wikipost? I can read all of the other ones across FT but just not this one.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 5:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by rdcezar
Did something happen to the wikipost? I can read all of the other ones across FT but just not this one.
same over here
Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:51 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rdcezar
Originally Posted by Soeftel
same over here
When I look at the thread on my mobile (Chrome via Android), the wiki isn't showing. But on Chrome/Windows on my laptop, the wiki is showing. I did paste everything from the wiki in post #2 so we do have a backup if someone disrupts the wiki.
Soeftel likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 5:34 am

Hi all! I'm looking for a muscle car in IAD and Avis has Standard Sport (Class XS) which is Challenger or similar. Does anyone know if it's an R/T or V6?
If it's a V6 then it's noth worth it for the prise and I better go for a large SUV or Luxury Sedan from Hertz which is almost twice cheaper with the option of picking up something nice on the parking lot.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by NickName
Hi all! I'm looking for a muscle car in IAD and Avis has Standard Sport (Class XS) which is Challenger or similar. Does anyone know if it's an R/T or V6?
If it's a V6 then it's noth worth it for the prise and I better go for a large SUV or Luxury Sedan from Hertz which is almost twice cheaper with the option of picking up something nice on the parking lot.
I rented a Challenger GT (V6) on Saturday. It had plenty of power and I accidentally did a few burnouts, but it's no Hemi. The only R/Ts I saw on the lot in MCI were Durangos.

-J.
NickName likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I rented a Challenger GT (V6) on Saturday. It had plenty of power and I accidentally did a few burnouts, but it's no Hemi. The only R/Ts I saw on the lot in MCI were Durangos.

-J.
Thank you! Do you remember what class did you book? Was it Standard Sport XS?
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by NickName
Thank you! Do you remember what class did you book? Was it Standard Sport XS?
I booked Intermediate. This was a complimentary upgrade as a PC.

The receipt says it was a "Cool Cars" group.

-J.
NickName likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:04 pm

I’ve checked few large airports and I didn’t see “American Muscle” category available in any of those, only Standard Sport. So apparently guaranteed V8 are only left in Hertz under V4, U4, U2 and U3 classes and in Enterprise Exotics.
IAHtraveler likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:25 pm

I believe "American Muscle" class (PSAR?) has to be reserved via Enterprise Exotics. Each Exotics location can set their own parameters, but they're usually also limited miles.

Unfortunately, guaranteed V8s are going "extinct". Those cars themselves are fading away--only Mustang V8s are made anymore--and they might be more prone to costs like tire replacement, abuse damage, use in actual crimes/theft (Hertz had a huge problem with these issues).
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:07 pm

Programs: Avios
Is there anything above Group L with Avis? Got Presidents club and looking to book through BA holidays, top offering is class L (suburban or similar), but figure if i've got guaranteed upgrade I could just go with Group Z(tahoe or similar) and request the larger option, unless I could get something like an Escalade over a Suburban/yukon xl?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.