Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2007, 10:23 am

Location: somewhere Cl. III / III+, with green waves and friendly holes
Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
used A074800

No id requested, no problems, saved about 50$ on 2day at YYZ...

Thanks ALL!
Old Jul 17, 2007, 3:49 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Good day, all:

Please stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks. Posts deleted that strayed

Thanks!

cblaisd
Senior Moderator
Old Jul 27, 2007, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
OGG (Maui) rental this fall, 5+ days (weekly rate), base rates:

disc code compact intermed.
Orbitz $182+ $193+
A074800 (citi) $165+ $170+
B292100 (dcbar) $177+ $188+
C031529 $177+ $188+
B999900 $177+ $188+
K019300 $187+ $198+

The last one is a United "promo" that purportedly saves up to 25%. That's almost a fraudulent advert, as it is higher than the orbitz rate!

Avis.com is showing a nice $30 off one-week promo (valid 8/20-12/15/07) but it is limited to continental US - use code MUWA086

Thanks again to whoever first posted the citi rate.

And feel free to use the DC Bar rate, nobody has ever asked for my membership card.

Addendum: After all this work I find out I have to book my car througha special rez # and Avis will not let me use any discount codes with my Hawaii voucher. Aargh!

Last edited by Boraxo; Aug 4, 2007 at 9:48 am
Old Jul 27, 2007, 2:33 pm

Programs: *wood Platinum, HH Gold, OneWorld Emerald, QF GOLD, AP Premium, Mabuhay Elite, bunch o others...
what/who is A153700?

Originally Posted by Touche
Hi everyone, I am new here. Enjoyed reading some of the many posts around.

I must say, be careful about which codes you use. Do not use A153700. You won't get it. Don't use any Ernst & Young codes either. They will check. B999900 is always good, it's for anyone. Any questions,feel free to ask...
This gives me BY FAR the best rate, yet you advise don't use... any more details you can share?
thanks!
Old Jul 27, 2007, 2:42 pm

codes that work for Specialty Cars?

I really want to try the Spyder..
Anybody know of a code that works well for Specialty?
J868801 gave me a great rate on 'convertible' but no discount on 'specialty'...

Thanks!!
Old Jul 27, 2007, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by Christian
This gives me BY FAR the best rate, yet you advise don't use... any more details you can share?
thanks!
Code A153700 is listed on the first page of this thread, as well as many posts warning against using it throughout these thread pages. It's the Avis Employee Discount Rate, so unless you are really an Avis Employee, don't use it, as you'll get nailed for it at pick-up.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 6:15 pm

Earn up to 1000 Bonus Skymiles with Avis

Received this Delta Skymiles promo from AMEX today. When I priced a 4-day rate, it was SKYhigh, but maybe someone else will find it to be a good promotion....

"Rent for 3 days and receive 250 bonus SkyMiles. Use coupon number MUAA078.

Rent for 4 days or more and receive 1000 bonus SkyMiles. Use coupon number MUAA082.

Also remember to use your Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number K817600 to receive up to 25% off your next rental."

Here's the link for all the details: Earn up to 1000 Bonus Skymiles With Avis
Old Jul 27, 2007, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
An old favorite still gives good rates domestically

D005297 gives me a $175 intermediate rate at DTW, $25 less than the Citi rate (A074800) and quite a lot less than some of the others (for example, D005927, which has been very good for me in Europe, comes up with $348!).

For those who are interested, I've used 5927 - the Bankruptcy Trustee rate - twice in the past year in Italy and Austria with no issue and very good pricing. There's no verification/ID required for general corporate rates. As always, YMMV - so I make "backup" reservations at another agency - but I've never been challenged, and I've used FT-posted codes 4 or 5 times without issue.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 10:07 pm
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by Christian
I really want to try the Spyder..
Anybody know of a code that works well for Specialty?
J868801 gave me a great rate on 'convertible' but no discount on 'specialty'...

Thanks!!
A few weeks ago at DCA when the weather was spectacular, they didn't have any problems giving me the Spyder upon request, when I booked full size (also while using the $30 off a 3 day rental coupon). I'm a First member, but don't know how much impact that had. If you're looking for a convertible that's overall pleasant, you're much better off with the Mustang. If you're looking to turn heads of everyone around, then the Spyder is the one for you... just depends on your desires.
Old Jul 28, 2007, 1:15 pm

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
I love this thread. D005927 always gives me crazy prices in Spain and Portugal. ^

Apparently it belongs to some Colombian company because they asked me how the weather was in Cartagena
Old Jul 28, 2007, 7:22 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Smile

Originally Posted by SportsTech
D005297 gives me a $175 intermediate rate at DTW, $25 less than the Citi rate (A074800) and quite a lot less than some of the others (for example, D005927, which has been very good for me in Europe, comes up with $348!).

For those who are interested, I've used 5927 - the Bankruptcy Trustee rate - twice in the past year in Italy and Austria with no issue and very good pricing. There's no verification/ID required for general corporate rates. As always, YMMV - so I make "backup" reservations at another agency - but I've never been challenged, and I've used FT-posted codes 4 or 5 times without issue.
I'm so glad I checked this post. I'm using DTW and I got the $175.00 for one week plus a free upgrade because I'm a preferred member. Thanks for the post.
Old Jul 31, 2007, 7:59 am

Smile new to 'an old standby'

We will be doing a Mount Rushmore to Yellowstone trip in mid August. I was quoted a great discount using D005297 on the Avis site. When I show up to get our vehicle, am I to anticipate any problems? questions? I would like to be prepared. Thank you all. This forum has been very valuable!
Old Jul 31, 2007, 12:00 pm

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
Cool

Originally Posted by zakanddaizy
We will be doing a Mount Rushmore to Yellowstone trip in mid August. I was quoted a great discount using D005297 on the Avis site. When I show up to get our vehicle, am I to anticipate any problems? questions? I would like to be prepared. Thank you all. This forum has been very valuable!
I know there's a lot of pages, but do a search for D005297 (look on the upper right hand side of the page), and you'll find every post related to that code. If you have time, read the entire thread, or at least go back a few pages and read. I joined this thread late, and read it from the beginning to get an idea of what to expect.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

B790073 (Entertainment Book) Has been working the best for me on Intermediate/Compacts recently, by about $5-10.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta Sky Miles, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Smile

Originally Posted by zakanddaizy
I just used D005297 at DTW & it worked just fine. I reserved last week when I saw the post for it at $175.00. The shuttle bus takes you to Avis. The courtesy driver on the bus has a database and he pulls up your name & reservation if you're a preferred customer and once you get to the lot your name is on the board with space # and you just go and get in your car. All you need is your drivers license on the way out. I would suggest everyone sign up for the preferred service because it's free. No waiting in lines and if you already have a credit card on file you don't have to go in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.