Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak
Reload this Page >

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2013, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TravelinSperry
As of 2/12/14: We've had quite a few "Hey, come use this AWD. It's great" type of posts. When the AWD doesn't give a good discount, but is only posted to try to get renters to use the AWD of someone so the poster can earn free days from their Avis Corporate account. From here out, please put the company/trade group/etc that's associated with the AWD or we'll delete the post to keep it on-topic here.

Status Match &/or Complimentary Status
(only public matches posted where Avis or entity post public links - certain corporations also offer upgrades - they are not listed since they are not public)

Status Match
  • (Not applicable to residents in the US and Canada) link here
President's Club (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 100k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United Club Infinite, Presidential Plus Business/Consumer, & Business Card primary Cardmembers (link here)
  • United MileagePlus members with Premier Platinum or status or higher (link here)
  • Aeroplan 75K and Super Elite Members as well as the Primary Cardholder of an Aeroplan premium credit card (link here)
  • Hawaiian Air Pualani Platinum members (link here)
  • Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer Solitaire PPS Club and PPS Club members (link here)
  • American Express Platinum card holders (outside USA) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite or Black cardholders (Europe, Turkey, & CIS) link here
  • Bank of America® Premium Rewards® Elite Visa Infinite (benefits link here)
  • Lincoln Black Label members (link here)
  • Inspirato members (link here)
  • THIRDHOME members (link here)
  • SouthernSun Black Status Members (South Africa) (link here)
  • DNB Mastercard Upgrade cardholders (Norway) (link here)
  • XO Access Members (link here)
Preferred Plus (complimentary upgrade)
  • American Airlines 60k Loyalty Points level choice (link here)
  • United MileagePlus Premier Silver and Premier Gold members (link here)
  • Aeroplan 25K, 35K and 50K Members and primary cardholders of an Aeroplan core credit card (link here)
  • Etihad Guest Gold Members (residing in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey) link here
  • Mastercard World Elite card holders (US based) link here
  • Visa Infinite card holders (US & Canada based) (link here)
  • American Express Platinum Cardholders (US Based) link here
  • CLEAR Plus members (link here)
  • Founders Card Members (link provided after joining)
Print Wikipost

Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2007, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Try L093590

Originally Posted by jss5200
Does anyone have a coupon with a good rate for a one week rental of a full size car or an SUV to be picked up at the Philadelphia airport in mid June? The Avis websie is showing a cost of approximately $450 for a one week rate. I'm hoping to get a better price than this. A lower price would be better to me than bonus airline miles but I will take what I can get! Thanks in advance for any help.

Texas Traveler
I tried L093590 for 7 days in PHL starting 6/15.
Full size = $120
Premium = $140
SUV = $332

Good luck.
Old May 9, 2007, 11:14 am

Originally Posted by bob1008
I'm curious to get some input on opinions about rental insurance. For years I've used my favorite code #L093590 which has free LDW with a $3k cap, and also gives me a consistantly good rate without going crazy checking 10 different codes. But lately I've been buying the LDW from Avis from $10 - $15 per day.
I've had a couple co-workers involved in accidents lately with rental cars and I have re-thought the issue:
a) My absolute maximum liability with #L093590 is only $3K. But do I want to put in a claim with my auto insurer for $3K and risk a possible rate increase on
all 3 cars on my policy? Probably not. So I'd have to pay it out of pocket.
b) I consider the free credit card (Amex) insurance a waste as they will not act as a primary insurer if you have other coverage (auto policy).
c) I've found that the LDW insurance is very negotiable at almost all Avis counters. I'm sure it is a very high profit product and it seems the agents are empowered to discount the insurance greatly.
d) I've spoken to the claims dept. at Avis and was told that if you have an accident with their vehicle, and you have purchased LDW, it is pretty much a
"hands off, no questions asked" procedure, unless there was blatant negligence or issues (Drunk driving, etc) involved. Complete the 5 minute accident report and be on your way with a replacement vehicle.

So I'm thinking......I get a good discount with my code....is it worth it for an extra $40-$50 bucks per rental (average 3 - 4 days) to know that if I smash up an Avis car, I can just leave their wreck where it is, and go get another car at the closest airport? No hassle, no claims, no stress. I'm hearing more and more about rental car accidents for some reason and I'm thinking that it may be worth it. Even though for years I've been in the group that considered
LDW to be a total ripoff.

Opinions?
It's probably a matter of exposure. You rent a lot of vehicles, so there is quite a bit of exposure. On the other hand, over time the extra $40 or $50 adds up. So you could just pay the $3000 out of personal funds if it happens rather than making a claim on your own policy, reasoning that over the years you will have saved that amount by avoiding the $40 or $50 with each rental. Or, your own policy may be generous with rate increases, because the amount paid out is relatively small...$3000 vs. $150,000.
Old May 10, 2007, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
hawaii

Does anyone have a good discount for Hawaii, I’m looking for a car, just a car, but it comes to about 240$ a week for a compact.
I’ve tried a bunch of codes, but nothing really brings it down.

Thanks for the tip from experience
n
Old May 14, 2007, 5:24 am

The Starwood code (K860600) used to be a good one for HI, but I haven't used it in eons.
Old May 14, 2007, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spuck20
How about D005150? Anyone have experience with it? Ezmonee?

It appears to be some kind of generic discount for events that have a flight discount through American Airlines ranging from OB/Gyn conferences to weddings. Anyone think I'll have to tell them the specific event I'm in town for?

Whoa, this dropped my rate for an intermediate in PDX from $245 to $77 (seventy-seven!).

This doesn't look like an employee code....can anyone cite experience and/or success with this?
Old May 14, 2007, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dangit, I tried to reserve a car, but when I selected a car, it re-priced it and put up a screen with higher prices.

A GIS showed D005150 is the National Charter Schools Conference number (was in ABQ in April 07).
Old May 14, 2007, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by LessO2
Whoa, this dropped my rate for an intermediate in PDX from $245 to $77 (seventy-seven!).

This doesn't look like an employee code....can anyone cite experience and/or success with this?
It just took $100 off my rate at OAK...I will have a backup res elsewhere just in case, but it's worth trying out.
Old May 15, 2007, 3:53 pm

avis...

im 23, is there any codes that knock off the underage fee associated with rentals???? or what about a coupon code that allows unlimited miles???

im making a one way trip from CLE to LAX and the lowest ive found is 298.94 with awd C031529 but with no miles, and before the 25$ a day charge. can someone please help me out with an underage code or unlimited mileage coupon code. please.
Old May 23, 2007, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Acrossenger
Why use such risky code? This is indeed Florida Empolyee discount code. If you are unable to provide proof upon rental, you may end up paying full price. I have found AWD C031529 (some technology company) offers better discount without need of ID. Case in point:

FLL April 21-28
A113400 - $166 Full Size
C031529 - $150 Full Size

MCO April 21-28
A113400 - $209 Full Size
C031529 - $160 Full Size
C031529 no longer works
Old May 24, 2007, 6:08 am

C031529 no longer works
What do you mean? It works fine for me.
Old May 29, 2007, 9:17 am

I need a rental code

I'm going to Orlando, FL from Jun. 28 - Jul. 2nd Most discounts end at the end of June. Anyone have new codes that I can use??
Old May 30, 2007, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by maiasr
I'm going to Orlando, FL from Jun. 28 - Jul. 2nd Most discounts end at the end of June. Anyone have new codes that I can use??
We consistently use J868801. Anyone can use it. It came from the Florida Visitor's Bureau. Great rates!!!^
Old May 30, 2007, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by coastergirl
We consistently use J868801. Anyone can use it. It came from the Florida Visitor's Bureau. Great rates!!!^
Was just about to post my experience with J868801. Used it on a 3-day rental out in California. We ended up returning to an airport location (we picked up in the city and intended to return there) without any additional charges. In fact, at the dropoff, as the agent was looking at the rate terms she mumbled something to the effect of "Wow, yeah it just says you have to return it in the same state.....this is a great rate, I've never seen it before." But she didn't question. I just smiled

So, out of curiousity, I just made up a one-way itinerary in CA and it took the rate from $218 down to $75!!!

SUMMARY: J868801 could be a gem for one-way rentals, but as always, YMMV.
Old May 30, 2007, 4:45 pm
aze

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
D005150

Dangit, I tried to reserve a car, but when I selected a car, it re-priced it and put up a screen with higher prices.

A GIS showed D005150 is the National Charter Schools Conference number (was in ABQ in April 07).
Does anyone by now have experience wih the code?

Thanks and best regards,
H
Old May 31, 2007, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat
Just received this in the email:

As an Omni Select Guest member, you can enjoy a free one-car group upgrade on qualifying rentals of three days or more. This offer is valid on intermediate through full size four-door rentals at participating Avis airport locations in the U.S. and Canada until December 31, 2007. Simply provide coupon # UUHA012 when you make your advance reservation.

Also, remember to use your Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) number G009000 to receive up to 20% off your next rental. Just another way we try harder to make your trip better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.